Informant led to Brit dive instructor's arrest on Koh Lipe - he overstayed 5 years!

webfact

5 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Good ! it is bastards like him that make it more difficult for us genuine visa holders. I hope that they put the <deleted> in jail for breaking the law before they throw him out, he is a selfish lazy <deleted> as far as i am concerned, him and any others like him. If i come across any overstayers i will report them, i am angry.

You need to seek professional help. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Good ! it is bastards like him that make it more difficult for us genuine visa holders. I hope that they put the <deleted> in jail for breaking the law before they throw him out, he is a selfish lazy <deleted> as far as i am concerned, him and any others like him. If i come across any overstayers i will report them, i am angry.

How do they make it 'more difficult for us genuine visa holders' precisely?

They don't affect me, nor my ability to get a visa in anyway whatsoever.

The only thing which affects that ability is myself, my skills, and my experience, which at the moment (and blessedly) for the last 20 odd years, (and hopefully for the next ten or so years) have been deemed by the Thai authorities of some (modest) benefit to the nation.

The day may well come when someone decides otherwise, and I too, and the many in the same boat as me, find ourselves having to jump through hoops to live in Thailand for a few months of the year, but that certainly won't be because of some dodgy dive instructor on a Southern Island...

You really must be delusional if you think these 'overstayers' are the reason they keep changing the rules. I look forward to your theories. If they are as mad as some of your replies here sound, it could make for rather good reading. 

Sadly, people as pompous and self-righteous as you seldom take time out of basking in your own, imagined glory and goodness, to see the true reason 'they' are making you all jump thorough more and more hoops.

The bottom line is that most of the bile you, and the others spew on topics like this, is a mere childish tantrum or angry reaction that you are being forced to do more and more to cling on to your fragile statuses in Thailand.

My advice would be to worry about your own diminishing statuses, than get so angry at those of others, and perchance figure out how you can shore those up, so they don't vanish altogether. 

29 minutes ago, IvorLott said:

How do they make it 'more difficult for us genuine visa holders' precisely?

They don't affect me, nor my ability to get a visa in anyway whatsoever.

The only thing which affects that ability is myself, my skills, and my experience, which at the moment (and blessedly) for the last 20 odd years, (and hopefully for the next ten or so years) have been deemed by the Thai authorities of some (modest) benefit to the nation.

The day may well come when someone decides otherwise, and I too, and the many in the same boat as me, find ourselves having to jump through hoops to live in Thailand for a few months of the year, but that certainly won't be because of some dodgy dive instructor on a Southern Island...

You really must be delusional if you think these 'overstayers' are the reason they keep changing the rules. I look forward to your theories. If they are as mad as some of your replies here sound, it could make for rather good reading. 

Sadly, people as pompous and self-righteous as you seldom take time out of basking in your own, imagined glory and goodness, to see the true reason 'they' are making you all jump thorough more and more hoops.

The bottom line is that most of the bile you, and the others spew on topics like this, is a mere childish tantrum or angry reaction that you are being forced to do more and more to cling on to your fragile statuses in Thailand.

My advice would be to worry about your own diminishing statuses, than get so angry at those of others, and perchance figure out how you can shore those up, so they don't vanish altogether. 

It's not inconceivable that more negative press sways opinion of Westerners staying in Thailand towards a more negative light. One consequence of this is more negative attention from those in positions of decision making power within Immigration. This can potentially lead to more checks and more hoops to jump through for those obeying the regulations.

At the very least these issues can contribute towards an increased degree of inconvenience for long term foreigners in Thailand. 

"Bad guys out" is being enacted, cannot argue with that.

"Good guys in" again they are not targeting "good guys" at all and there is some inconvenience caused but its not terrible.

What I do not like though is the way the imm and Thai language media are pushing the "foreigners are bad" narrative as though on steroids but nothing on "foreigners can be good" narrative. The pushing of this narrative obviously comes with some ulterior motive.

As I am already leaving I don't get hot under the collar about these things anymore though. We all live here, sadly I think, as just "guests" whether we like that or not, irrespective of our personal situation. 

Probably he was jailed and he automatically overstayed. Or he got some visa thru agency what they now found to be not legal (new chief of immigration ??)...You never know what the real story behind it was.

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe for you, I judge people on their character not on where they are from.

They have a special name for people who only look at color. 

interior decorators????? and by the way it is truly pathetic that you would try to play the race card how desperate are you to back peddle on your posts?

On 10/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, friend of siam said:

well he show the victory sign....it might that he will stay in los much longer very much longer ...how ?

look 5 years are 365 times 5 comes to 1825 days one day overstay costs 500 bhat ( pls. correct me if I am wrong ) to the max of 20000 in top comes the fines for not reporting 90 days that makes 4000 each time...5 y are 20 reports equals 80000 bhat plus your ticket home..so roughly 200000 bhat otherwise you will stay in a cramped thai immigration cell indefinitely there you have to buy your own food because if u eat what they give you for free you will die of malnutrition or disease ...as a europaen very soon...

http://www.thai-visa.net/deportation-fines.html

mr. british ..mr falang dreamers of all colours..thailand is only nice if u have money lots of money..here money talks louder than anywhere in the world..if you need help or done wrong ( thai definition ) u are in life threatening troubles in no time ..unless above applys means you have money plenty of money...

if you are a rohinga..a asylum seeker they will hold u as slaves use u river kwai style...

If they cant get the correct VISA then they shouldn’t expect charity and free handouts - Thailand is NOT Corbyn Britain!!!

The man - who performed a "V for Victory" gesture for the Naew Na cameras 

For as far I am concerned it is the sign used for Peace too, hippie style especially. I doubt he meant Victory with it. 
He knew the day would come and he at least leaves smiling but sure he is sad having to go. 

Archived