Thai Airways

Jamin123

I had a very bad experience with Thai Airways this week. It was my second time using them. I brought a ticket at their website and deliberately chose them to utilize the Star Alliance luggage check through. When I landed at BKK to pickup my boarding pass to board the flight to Cambodia. I was devastated to be told the Thai Airways ticket that was brought at Thai Airways website was issued for a flight on Thai Smile, which isn’t a Star Alliance member. I didn’t have enough time to collect my luggage, clear immigration and security, therefore I missed my flight.

My ticket said Thai Airways. So I cannot understand the reason they selling tickets for another airline without informing the passengers.

My miles on Thai Smile always get credited to my Thai Airways Star Alliance account. However, I noted that the drop-down menu on the Thai Smile booking website for frequent flyer membership info only lists, Austrian, Lufthansa, Swiss and Thai.

Thai Smile is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Thai Airways.

1 hour ago, Jamin123 said:

// When I landed at BKK to pickup my boarding pass to board the flight to Cambodia. // I didn’t have enough time to collect my luggage, clear immigration and security, therefore I missed my flight. //

I don't understand. You were clearly just in transit in BKK, so why didn't you get your 2 boarding pass at your departure airport?

Why did you have to collect your baggage? Why did you have to clear immigration ?

That's not needed when in transit, even if flights on different airlines.

:wacko:

I had a couple of Thai Air flights booked next month and canceled.

The CEO spoke over the past couple of days that the company is going down the tubes and employees need to work harder.

I believe it is way too risky to book anything with this airline in the future.  You may show up at the airport one day for your flight and the place is boarded up and out of business.

I had 2 separate tickets. I wanted to buy an upgrade for the long haul fight so couldn’t buy joined tickets. I couldn’t obtain boarding pass because Thai Smiles isn’t Star Alliance member. My luggage was Check through to Thai Smile, when it arrived at BKK they left it on the luggage belt. I was informed of the Star Alliance issues while at BKK in-transit so rushed to get my luggage.
Even though I personally collected and checked my luggage on to Thai Smiles. It still didn’t arrive on my flight in Cambodia. They delivered it at my hotel in Cambodia 6 hours later. therefore, I don’t recommend Thai Smile either. That was first time I flew on Smile.

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The CEO spoke over the past couple of days that the company is going down the tubes and employees need to work harder.

I believe it is way too risky to book anything with this airline in the future.  You may show up at the airport one day for your flight and the place is boarded up and out of business.

I've had that with phillipine airlines 25 years ago...it's always risky to fly with poor asian countries airlines.

Separate tickets makes you vulnerable, when flying.  My EVA flight was three hours late to VIE, they greeted us at the gate to make arrangements, but informed a group of Chinese with separate tickets to Poland, they were SOL. 

OP, are you saying they would not let you check your luggage through to cambo, when you first checked it in? 

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

bwahahahahahahaha.

Booked a tix on vietjet yest from bkk-cnx in a few weeks, noted they try to upsell u so much and even marked me as having heavy luggage when I'm always under 7kg as I only bring a carry on...in the end the original price was double with all the fees!  $18 became $32....$42 if I hadn't caught the luggage scam

59 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Booked a tix on vietjet yest from bkk-cnx in a few weeks, noted they try to upsell u so much and even marked me as having heavy luggage when I'm always under 7kg as I only bring a carry on...in the end the original price was double with all the fees!  $18 became $32....$42 if I hadn't caught the luggage scam

they must be copying AA, who do the same thing...add ons by default.  Vietjet is nice, though...watch them on the middle name scam.

Devastated?

Really?
A minor airmiles issue causes you devastation?

I landed at Swampy yesterday and was half way through watching a movie, I asked the stewardess to tell the Captain to go into a holding pattern for an hour.

Apparently he refused, I was devastated !!

20 hours ago, moontang said:

they must be copying AA, who do the same thing...add ons by default.  Vietjet is nice, though...watch them on the middle name scam.

Yes I read about that middle name thing too...I used them last year so I think im ok, but the added baggage is a new hustle

Archived