Update: "Cruel" German lived off compatriot's pension then dumped her when she died

webfact

Update: "Cruel" German lived off compatriot's pension then dumped her when she died

7pm2.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that a German man called Richard has been charged with concealing, moving and damaging a corpse as well as being on overstay in Thailand. 

The case relates to the discovery of Margund, 77, a German woman who was found in a wooden crate dumped in the Bang Prong canal behind the Saen Suk municipal offices in Chonburi in January. 

At a press conference headed by immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang along with Saen Suk police more details were given in the case. 

Naew Na reported that Margund had travelled to Thailand with Richard in June of 2017. 

7pm1.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Richard lived in a rented house in Saen Suk district with his Thai wife Supranee and the elderly lady. 

They lived off tens of thousands of baht transferred from Germany, some of which was the old lady's pension, said the Thai wife. 

In January she said that the old lady fell down in the bathroom. They put her to bed but she subsequently died.

She said that Richard wrapped her in a cloth, put her in a wooden crate and took her in a motorcycle with sidecar attachment to the canal where he dumped her. 

Her body was soon found. 

Requests were made over the missing old lady and it was discovered that Ricard was wanted on 17 counts of credit card fraud amounting to 6,000 Euros in Germany. 

This finally led to the arrest of the German man and the charges related to the concealment and damage to a corpse and that of overstay in Thailand.  

Naew Na called the suspect,who has issued denials, "Most Cruel" in their headline. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-23

They should condemn the Thai woman too, she was in on it benefited too.  Two of them are lowlives living off someone and then discarding her like trash. 

Good that they got the guy but i feel the Thai woman is not innocent either.. she could have protested / informed the cops.

6 hours ago, robblok said:

They should condemn the Thai woman too, she was in on it benefited too.  Two of them are lowlives living off someone and then discarding her like trash. 

Good that they got the guy but i feel the Thai woman is not innocent either.. she could have protested / informed the cops.

Blame the Thais, on NO evidence....

Typical

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Only foreigners are bad... 

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

That is a disgusting thing to say. An elderly woman has died, used and misused f Ir years by a person who was cold callous n calculating and you say stuff like that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor woman sounds as though she was been ripped off.

I knew a Thai woman who was drawing her dead husbands pension using the ATM it stopped when one night she went to the machine <deleted> and it took the card she even had the nerve to go in the bank the following day asking for the card back they wouldn't give it her back as it was in her dead husbands name, that was her bankrupt.

She didn't hide it everybody knew what she was doing she thought it was great

2 hours ago, Almer said:

Maybe this lady was happy to transfer her pension and be looked after by these 2 people, what is wrong and concerning is why did he dump her like a piece of garbage

Our suspect Herr Richard cannot be too bright. "She said that Richard wrapped her in a cloth, put her in a wooden crate ", which he knew would sink to the bottom of the klong...............................oops!

37 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I knew a Thai woman who was drawing her dead husbands pension using the ATM it stopped when one night she went to the machine <deleted> and it took the card she even had the nerve to go in the bank the following day asking for the card back they wouldn't give it her back as it was in her dead husbands name, that was her bankrupt.

Hell I will encourage my wife to keep drawing money out of my bank, what is the big deal, they should have taken her to the hospital for care may have saved her life. 

5 hours ago, Almer said:

what is wrong and concerning is why did he dump her like a piece of garbage

Obviously he did not want to report the death: 

1- Her pension will be stopped after   death report. 

2- Police will become concern about his identity and his status. 

11 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Happens all the time.

The one day, expedited funeral is normally a dead give away

Archived