The Thai Attitude Transformation

Lumbini

Changing exchange rates , strict visa long term requirements changes and false smiles may have travelers , digital nomads and retirees looking for the next ”it” place [emoji100]

OPINION: Thailand - Land of false smiles | The Thaiger

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/opinion-thailand-land-of-false-smiles

The attitude change discussed in this article above seems to be the new norm all over Thailand ( not just Phuket ) when I investigate . Even the girls who use to be pleasant and smiling are now all just staring at a phone screen in their hand no longer making conversation . Thailand is still an amazing place but far from what it once was as it becomes more like the west .

It´s no Thai attitude transformation. It´s just a natural reaction from no Internet and believing am´s and Euros to be the rulers of the world with big money bags. To todays world with total information and Internet, social media as well as chats. Now they know that the general AM or Euro isn´t that lovely and rich as well as they know there are many people talking bad about them and behaving like kings when they in reality is some kind on street gutter low lifes.

By the way. To me they still smile and are same happy with.

40 minutes ago, Lumbini said:

Even the girls who use to be pleasant and smiling are now all just staring at a phone screen in their hand no longer making conversation

A conversation with a hooker consists on two words; how much.

3 hours ago, Lumbini said:

digital nomads and retirees looking for the next ”it” place

That sounds like a different generation than the people who settled here in the last couple of decades.

Is anybody surprised that Thai girls are not interested in millennials who think they are hot guys and who think the girls should satisfy them for free? 555

Well, I am not going to pile-on, even though it is tempting.  Some folks, I suspect are already hyper-ventilating...

They may be saving their smiles for the handsome Chinese or Indian man.

Good luck get any commitment or new house from these two groups...

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It´s no Thai attitude transformation. It´s just a natural reaction from no Internet and believing am´s and Euros to be the rulers of the world with big money bags. To todays world with total information and Internet, social media as well as chats. Now they know that the general AM or Euro isn´t that lovely and rich as well as they know there are many people talking bad about them and behaving like kings when they in reality is some kind on street gutter low lifes.

By the way. To me they still smile and are same happy with.

Even Thais have a problem to differentiate between all the (fake) smiles that could mean anything. from " I'll kill you, if you don't shut" up to "Thanks for screwing my wife, I'll get back to you soon."

It might sound funny, but it's true. The smiles are always there, but only for a nanosecond. 

25 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Still,better than Detroit in winter.

Whenever I hear or read Detroit, i think about unemployment, homeless drug addicts, guns and gangs.

My apologies when I'm, wrong with my assumptions. 

Good news? "In 2018, 13,478 violent crimes were reported — murder, rape, assault and robbery — in the city compared with 13,796 in 2017, a 2% drop." 

Source: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/2019/09/30/detroit-crime-numbers-drop-again-but-still-fbis-most-violent-city/3787467002/

Does a 2 % drop really mean it got better? 

52 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Even Thais have a problem to differentiate between all the (fake) smiles that could mean anything. from " I'll kill you, if you don't shut" up to "Thanks for screwing my wife, I'll get back to you soon."

It might sound funny, but it's true. The smiles are always there, but only for a nanosecond. 

Yeah, it might sound funny. Who will thank you for screwing their wife? Who smiles at you if they want to kill you? You are just one in the long row of people that think the people in their own country should wai to you and bend over.

It´s same if you go home and make people angry. You will get the <deleted> kicked out of you home to, or your head blown off. 

Just get a grip and stop with all this nonsense. You and many other posters here are just making big fools out of yourselfs with comments like this.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:41 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Whenever I hear or read Detroit, i think about unemployment, homeless drug addicts, guns and gangs.

My apologies when I'm, wrong with my assumptions. 

Good news? "In 2018, 13,478 violent crimes were reported — murder, rape, assault and robbery — in the city compared with 13,796 in 2017, a 2% drop." 

Source: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/2019/09/30/detroit-crime-numbers-drop-again-but-still-fbis-most-violent-city/3787467002/

Does a 2 % drop really mean it got better? 

Worst city in Usa,St louis is closing the gap though.

Archived