Current TM30 implementation experiences at CW?

I did my 12 month extension (retirement) on Oct 8. I had been concerned about tm30. Had never done one and fly out/ in  every couple weeks. So reentered Oct 5 and for first time ever asked my condo office to do the tm30 and also give me copy. Finally to the point..

I was all geared up ready for io to send me to the que for tm30.

She did not. Note also she did not scan my pp or flick through docs. Her first words were "bankbook". She worked through all my paperwork the last page was my tm30. She did not even glance at it. Pushed it back to me and said " you keep".

The point of all the detail, I got impression she may not have even asked for it.

• Like 2

Since when is this law enforced? I never heard of this BS, my last SETV extension was on 14 May 2019 in Rayong. I was never registered, arrived in BKK Suvarnabhumi was picked up by my GF stayed in her room for 2 months, never used a hotel or anything like that or showed my passport anywhere. My extension was done w/o any problems.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

In the last 3-4 months many immigration offices "now" enforce TM30. A good chance the Rayong office does enforce TM30s nowadays.

6 months ago many offices didnt require a TM30, now they do.

We could all post about not needing one in the past, the point being the enforcement has changed in many offices.

Hmm good luck finding a hotel in Rayong who reports it.. How to get past this rule? If i stay a random day at a hotel that does report? Then extension will be w/o problems right? Or do hotels also register when u check out? Looks like a law from China or some other scary police state. Always bring up terrorists and safety is a cheap trick to take away privacy and control the sheeple i guess.

edit: I though last time in rayong they werent even sitting behind a computer. didnt saw any computers there.

Edited by nakluapattaya

The OP is asking specifically about CW. 

IMHO it was CW that made all the waves. For 7 yr never did one tm30. When new imm head bid Orr (whatever his name) replaced big joke he came up with idea to crack whip on tm30. So few months ago there were daily reports about attending CW for extensions or whatever and being sent away from L area to other que for tm30.

Sometimes fined 800baht.

OP is asking for update.

I gave one post #1.

• Like 1

I got a 1 year extension at CW on October 7th. I included a copy of my most recent TM30. The IO looked at all my documents and did not return the TM30. She asked for my bank book but otherwise didn’t say a word to me.

I had returned from the US on September 29th. My landlord went to CW to file a TM30. She sent me a photo of the receipt. I printed that photo and that is what I included with my extension application documents. I had also stayed in 2 hotels in August (Pattaya and Isaan). I did not file a TM30 when I returned to BKK from either of those trips. Those trips were not mentioned either when my landlord filed the TM30 or when I applied for my extension.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

In the last 3-4 months many immigration offices "now" enforce TM30. A good chance the Rayong office does enforce TM30s nowadays.

6 months ago many offices didnt require a TM30, now they do.

We could all post about not needing one in the past, the point being the enforcement has changed in many offices.

Q's: I recently returned from broad and spent a week in a hotel in Phuket.

When we got home from Phuket, my wife went online to do the TM30 reporting, 1st time online, the site was in Thai so fortunately for me she could read it, and as she is my landlord she completed it, however I had to literally remove her from my chair and insert date of arrival 14/10/2019 and date of return 21/10/2019.

She did it the other way, date of arrival 21/10/2019 and date of return 21/10/2019 to which I argued it did not make sense as it asked where we also arrived at which was Phuket.

The above said, I think I did the entry and return dates correct ?

Also no confirmation or receipt provided, is that the norm for online reporting of the TM30 ?

Edited by 4MyEgo

It is entirely up to the officer processing the application.
I did my extension about 3 weeks ago at CW. The weekend before I had stayed at a hotel out of town, so when I returned to Bangkok I did a TM30 online.
The immigration officer kept flicking through all my papers and passport and eventually she said "TM30?". I showed her the print of my online receipt. She refused to accept it and wanted to see the postal receipt I had from a few months earlier.
Luckily I had copies of all my documents on me and showed her. Nope. She wouldn't accept the copy. A quick search and I found the original receipt, which she accepted.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I did my 12 month extension (retirement) on Oct 8. I had been concerned about tm30. Had never done one and fly out/ in  every couple weeks. So reentered Oct 5 and for first time ever asked my condo office to do the tm30 and also give me copy. Finally to the point..

She did not. Note also she did not scan my pp or flick through docs. Her first words were "bankbook". She worked through all my paperwork the last page was my tm30. She did not even glance at it. Pushed it back to me and said " you keep".

The point of all the detail, I got impression she may not have even asked for it.

I had a TM 30 report made within 24 hours of my arrival and I don’t expect to hear of it when I renew in January or ever again if I don’t leave The country.  Why would one present that report on extending unless you had been in the country less than 24 hours? 

I was comparing the workload of the IOs mostly ladies, who check our extension applications with others in CW and if what I see In the hours I sit waiting is normal, they work much more than many. I can understand why when we don’t have our ducks in line they might deal with us in a dismissive way.  The IO didn’t want the piece of paper which was proffered was because she had not been told to inspect it. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

I had a TM 30 report made within 24 hours of my arrival and I don’t expect to hear of it when I renew in January or ever again if I don’t leave The country.  Why would one present that report on extending unless you had been in the country less than 24 hours? . 

You would present a TM30 as part of your extension application because, at CW, they sometimes ask for it. I submitted my most recent (my 2nd) TM30 with my 1 year extension application. The IO took it and did not give it back. Whether she needed it or not I don’t know. 

There have been plenty of reports of people being asked for a TM30 at CW when applying for an extension. Some have reported that the IO has shown them their entire travel history stored in their computer system. It is up to you whether you want to volunteer a TM30 when submitting your extension application documents. If they ask for it and you don’t have it then you can deal with it appropriately. Some of us like to be prepared ahead of time. Others make it a point of honor to do as little as possible.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Jack, where did you get the TM30 paperwork that she saw? Did your condo print out somw kind of receipt, or was this paperwork for the current address that you had previously obtained frommimmigration, i.e, the TM30 receipt? Thanks

My wife must pay the fine 400 BHT ,cos she did not report me in 24 hours after I come back to Thailand from EU.

Samut Prakan Immigration office.

Something else noticed at there.Among about 300 foreigners waiting there,I saw only two (2) white man from Europe(none from USA or Aussie).Only Indian , Arabs,Mianmar,Chinese,Cambodian.Before it was about half Caucasian,half others.

4 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

Jack, where did you get the TM30 paperwork that she saw? Did your condo print out somw kind of receipt, or was this paperwork for the current address that you had previously obtained frommimmigration, i.e, the TM30 receipt? Thanks

Good question. I got my knickers in a twist when all this tm30 started. I have been same condo 7 yr. I think I'm only farang here. Anyway as I'm in out every other week decided I would leave it to file tm30 via mail just before attending imm. To my surprise I approach office and asked if they can do tm30. Thinking they would just be confused. However no problem she asked if I wanted "receipt". It has all the details check inn my details etc looks like screen shot. 

One poster above did there extension also recent and needed a tm30. As mentioned my io did not even glance at it. I'm thinking in time it won't be required at all.

Quick question - what are you supposed to show if you do the TM30 via the app? There is no receipt, it just says you info has been saved. I took a screenshot. I have a marriage extension in a few months at CW. Maybe it will be forgotten about by then. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

Quick question - what are you supposed to show if you do the TM30 via the app? There is no receipt, it just says you info has been saved. I took a screenshot. I have a marriage extension in a few months at CW. Maybe it will be forgotten about by then. Thanks.

Show them the screenshot to prove it was done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petedk said:

so when I returned to Bangkok I did a TM30 online.
The immigration officer kept flicking through all my papers and passport and eventually she said "TM30?". I showed her the print of my online receipt. She refused to accept it and wanted to see the postal receipt I had from a few months earlier.

That's bizarre... What's going on with that?

And what does that say/mean for folks who try to use their precious TM30 app for reporting purposes?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Show them the screenshot to prove it was done.

I've never used the app, only postal mail reporting.

But last time I was at CW in late June, the IO specifically wanted a paper receipt, took my original and made a photocopy of it on the machine in her cubicle that she combined on the same page with a copy she also made of my 90-day reporting receipt, then added that to my extensions documents package.

Not sure how she would have done that if I was showing her a screenshot of a TM30 reporting on my phone.

And then there was this from earlier in this thread re CW:

2 hours ago, petedk said:

so when I returned to Bangkok I did a TM30 online.
Luckily I had copies of all my documents on me and showed her. Nope. She wouldn't accept the copy. A quick search and I found the original receipt, which she accepted.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I late August when I renewed at CW the IO wanted a TM30 before completing my extension of stay paper work.  I've been in Thailand since 2008....have never filed a TM30....this was my 11th extension of stay at CW...had never been asked before for a TM30.   IO sent me to the "B section" where they process TM30s and other docs.  

This was at the peak of the TM30 goatrope...when it was all over the news media....guess the IOs was enforcing to the max.    I waited 4 hours (this included the lunch hour) for my queue number to be called as the area was packed with hundreds of people processing TM30s. When the dust settled I had to file a TM30 and pay a Bt800 fine. 

Took that TM30 receipt back to the IO processing my extension.....she took a copy (I kept the original) and finalized the extension package....good for another year.   

In all past years my the processing/approving of my  extensions of stay at CW was done within a few hours....I''m heading home my 10am to 11am in the morning.  But my extension in August took all day due to the long wait to process a TM30....it turned into a full day a CW.  

Now I was at CW last week to get an address confirmation letter which the B section also handles....I only waited about 30 minutes for my queue number to be called but it seemed most people were there to process TM30s.   

• Like 1

I extended my retirement permit to stay last week at CW on 17th October 2019. They required a copy of my TM30 report which is on their immigration officers check sheet. I had tried to set it up online on 17th August and got an acknowledgement, but never received a user name and password. I sent the TM30 form by post but they could not find that either. On 17th October I went straight to the TM30 desk and showed their acknowledgement e-mail from the online application. They then set up the Section 38 on my Smart phone and I got a receipt which I used for my extension. I did not have to pay a fine because I had proof that it was their fault not mine. They also told me that they no longer require me to report when I travel anywhere within country and only require to report on exit and entry to Thailand. To sumarize, the TM30 is still a requirement on the Immigration Officer's check sheet when you apply for your extension until further notice.

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I did my 12 month extension (retirement) on Oct 8. I had been concerned about tm30. Had never done one and fly out/ in  every couple weeks. So reentered Oct 5 and for first time ever asked my condo office to do the tm30 and also give me copy.

Since when do condo offices do TM30? I don't think any would do it or waste their time doing it?? I always thought it was the owner who needs to do it.

I attended CW on 24 July to change retirement to marriage extension - I was asked for TM30 and then sent to registration queue by a captain despite saying it had been done already. After about 2 hours I spoke with a clerical assistant and told her my landlord had already done it, she then told me to go back to section L. I spoke with the captain there who told me the computer was down - come back tomorrow with hard copy of TM30 signed and stamped by condo, copy of landlord's ID card and tabian baan.
July 25 returned and signature queried because the office manager not the landlord had signed - made a phone call to condo and manager explained to captain. Only got 60 day extension (long story and not TM30 related)

Returned mid September and TM30 again queried by IO - spoke to a different captain who said it was ok, the discrepancy the IO had picked up on was "unimportant"

Edited by brian1314

3 minutes ago, brian1314 said:

I attended CW on 24 July to change retirement to marriage extension - I was asked for TM30 and then sent to registration queue by a captain despite saying it had been done already. After about 2 hours I spoke with a clerical assistant and told her my landlord had already done it, she then told me to go back to section L. I spoke with the captain there who told me the computer was down - come back tomorrow with hard copy of TM30 signed and stamped by condo, copy of landlord's ID card and tabian baan.
July 25 returned and signature queried because the office manager not the landlord had signed

Again, why would a condo office do a TM30? Isn't the landlord the only person who does it?

7 minutes ago, Estrada said:

They also told me that they no longer require me to report when I travel anywhere within country and only require to report on exit and entry to Thailand.

Good to hear this. My landlord was told the same thing when she went to CW to file my latest TM30.

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

Again, why would a condo office do a TM30? Isn't the landlord the only person who does it?

Either the owner or tenant or possessor files the tm30. If one is not on file the tenant or owner or both can be fined. 

20 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Possibly the condo landlord has a business arrangement with the juristic office. Maybe power of attorney for specific services like a TM30.

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Either the owner or tenant or possessor files the tm30. If one is not on file the tenant or owner or both can be fined. 

The condo office isn't an owner or tenant. Is the condo juristic office classified as a possessor?