Current TM30 implementation experiences at CW?

Do hotels also fill in their computer/app when you are checking out? Does one random night in a hotel during your 60 day on SETV will be OK for an extension.

I will be staying in my GFs room, who stays on a floor of a townhouseshop that a friend let her use, which works at that shop, whos owner is in BKK and has these shops all over the country. So no way any of them will report me staying there.  Owner doesnt even care about his shop second, and thirth floor, doesnt even know who lives there. Can i just sleep ONE random night in a hotel, so they will fill in an tm30 for me, so i can do extend my visa. ?

Edited by nakluapattaya

I remember last year in February I went to CW to get the address confirmation for a driving licence and had my host, (private house) download and fill out a TM30 because it was all the rage then, but it wasn’t asked for. As I said I am confident that since the report has been made on-line and is a simple householder report in accordance with the Immigration Act, I wont get the run around in January. 

I just did my marriage extension this morning in Chang Wattana, and they didn’t mention the TM30 at all. As far as I know, I’ve never done one, and I certainly didn’t  give them any document to that effect. Feel bad for my friend who got stung for 800 baht and 3 hours of his life because he did his extension back in April. 

As for the marriage extension, the only thing new for me was they asked me to keep a minimum of 400k in my account until I return to get my extension stamped in. I don’t need a letter just update bankbook with photocopies. Oh, and they gathered all my documents that had been stamped and signed by me and asked me to get them all photocopied. That never happened before. 

Apart from that, it was very simple. Let’s hope they’ve given up on the TM30 and it will eventually disappear forever. 

27 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I just did my marriage extension this morning in Chang Wattana, and they didn’t mention the TM30 at all. As far as I know, I’ve never done one, and I certainly didn’t  give them any document to that effect. Feel bad for my friend who got stung for 800 baht and 3 hours of his life because he did his extension back in April. 

As for the marriage extension, the only thing new for me was they asked me to keep a minimum of 400k in my account until I return to get my extension stamped in. I don’t need a letter just update bankbook with photocopies. Oh, and they gathered all my documents that had been stamped and signed by me and asked me to get them all photocopied. That never happened before. 

Apart from that, it was very simple. Let’s hope they’ve given up on the TM30 and it will eventually disappear forever. 

I'm seriously thinking about switching from retirement extension of stay to a marriage extension of stay come my next extension renewal time.  I've done my retirement extensions at CW for the last decade.

Wonder if you could provide a list of the docs you needed to provide for your marriage extension since you just did it today.  And how many and what kind of pictures of the wife and I do they require?  I've heard one is needed of us standing in front of the house number.  Just what pictures....at what locations in and around the house are required?    And are "actual" photos needed taped to a piece of paper or can just inkjet printer prints on a plain paper be used. 

Thanks a bunch.

On 10/24/2019 at 1:18 PM, bbi1 said:

Again, why would a condo office do a TM30? Isn't the landlord the only person who does it?

Because the condo is owned by a company not an individual, in my case TM30s are entered by the condo manager not the landlord/company owner

55 minutes ago, Pib said:

I'm seriously thinking about switching from retirement extension of stay to a marriage extension of stay come my next extension renewal time.  I've done my retirement extensions at CW for the last decade.

Wonder if you could provide a list of the docs you needed to provide for your marriage extension since you just did it today.  And how many and what kind of pictures of the wife and I do they require?  I've heard one is needed of us standing in front of the house number.  Just what pictures....at what locations in and around the house are required?    And are "actual" photos needed taped to a piece of paper or can just inkjet printer prints on a plain paper be used. 

I did same as you on 21 Oct by the income method. Problem I had was they insisted that I show a balance in my SCB a/c of B40k for the entire month and were not interested in the average monthly income over the last year. I have been on retirement extensions since 2011, but Brexit killing the pound has dropped my pension income to Thailand to less than B65k/month and without the consular letter my UK business income no longer counts to total. I queried this, pointing out what their website said regarding income and was told by the captain that it was a case of comply or leave Thailand.
Docs I needed were - TM30 with condo office stamp on it, copy of ID card of owner and signature. Marriage certificate, copy of bank book latest page and first page showing name and account number. Rental contract from condo and latest rent receipt. Print of area surrounding condo in Thai - I took from Google maps. Two photographs, printed on plain paper. One was me and wife outside condo with apartment number showing and second was outside condo office with condo name showing and office staff in background.
They will also want your wife to be there - mine got loads of questions about where, when, how we met etc - but although I expected to be cross examined I wasn't asked any questions at all. My wife reckoned the IO had poor English and wasn't up to asking me. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 5:29 AM, Thingamabob said:

In 40 years right up to the present day I have never ever been asked for a TM30 at any immigration office anywhere in Thailand, including CW and, previously, Sathorn.

I agree that there is much unnecessary scare-mongering going on about TM30.

And indeed there are several provincial IO's where TM30 compliance is not enforced.

But unfortunately there are also IO's where they do, and your extension of stay can be denied if no TM30 has been filed/provided. 

So if you are not staying in Hotels, but are living in the house of friends/girlfriends or are renting a condo, it is best to ensure that a current TM30 is on file when you visit the provincial IO for any service where they need your address (e.g. extension of stay, residence permit).

Also, registering the place where you are staying so that you can file your TM30 online is not difficult at all if you have the right instructions.

And when doing so you are sure that you will not be confronted with unpleasant surprises when visiting your provincial IO and they ask for it.

Note: A couple of days ago, I went to my provincial IO in SiSaKet to do my 90-day reporting.  In future I plan to do this on-line too but as this was my very first time I went there in person with my TM47.  It was a very friendly encounter, but to my surprise the immigration officer that processed my 90-day report also asked about my TM30.  Luckily that was no issue as I showed them a screenshot of the TM30 I had filed online.