Somkid in China zeroes in on Guangdong innovators

webfact

Somkid in China zeroes in on Guangdong innovators

By THE NATION

800_0e019329666bd87.jpg?v=1571816643

Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak gave a speech on Wednesday (October 23) during an official visit to Shenzhen, China, on the topic “Strategic Partnership through the Belt and Road Initiative and the EEC”, which highlighted improving relations with southern Guangdong province.

“Guangdong is now an innovation leader producing modern entrepreneurs in many technology-oriented industries,” he said. “Its advances prompted President Xi Jinping to initiate the Great Bay Area [GBA] project to promote Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Macao as a strategy gateway connecting modern China to the rest of the world.”

Prior to the visit, Somkid met his Chinese counterpart Han Zheng and State Councillor Wang Yong to discuss establishing economic collaboration between Thailand and the GBA.

“In the past five years Thailand’s economy has expanded continually, with this year’s GDP predicted at 2.7-3.2 per cent,” he said. “Our competitive index was ranked eighth globally by the International Institute for Management Development, while ease of doing business ranked 27th for the past two years."

“These factors attract foreigners to bring their business to Thailand, not to mention that many business owners in Thailand have Chinese ancestors, which strengthens future relations between our countries.”

Somkid noted several cultural similarities, such as in food and religion.

“This plays to our advantage, since many Chinese tourists are already visiting Thailand. The government is aiming to increase their number by two or three times and is promoting future Sino-Thai joint ventures in related infrastructure, such as high-speed railways.”

Board of Investment (BOI) secretary-general Duangjai Asawachintachit, accompanying Somkid on the trip, said the board had prepared several “privileges” for overseas investors, including a five-year extension of those privileges for those in technology and startup industries investing in the EEC and remote areas.

“This year the BOI attracted more than Bt680 billion worth of investment, a 130-per-cent increase from last year, while investment from China in the EEC up to June stood at Bt59 billion,” she said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377679

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-23

The Thai Chinese can hardly contain their excitement at being able to kick out all the evil farang influence. 

They care nothing that the Chinese have much of this "innovation" as a result of theft. 

In fact, they probably admire the Chinese for it. 

15 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

The Thai Chinese can hardly contain their excitement at being able to kick out all the evil farang influence. 

They care nothing that the Chinese have much of this "innovation" as a result of theft. 

To be fair to the Chinese, what they lack in imagination and innovation, they make up for in venture.  They have kept electronics cheap which has held down inflation worldwide. 

Somkid in his somber, wet blanket style is only selling a cheap labor and abandoned factory space, getting sloppy seconds from the Vietnamese.  The Vietnamese are closer culturally to the Chinese as well.  

The power of the Thai workforce is its patience. 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

“These factors attract foreigners to bring their business to Thailand, not to mention that many business owners in Thailand have Chinese ancestors, which strengthens future relations between our countries.”

The only reason foreign countries bring industry to Thailand is because of the cheap labour, Thailand is incapable of building anything itself on a large scale.

It's education system is woefully inadequate which stymies real progress, entrepreneurs who wish to open companies probably go overseas.

China got smart, it imported brains & commodities, reversed engineered them then produced them.

The only thing Thailand seems good at is reversing is time !

On 10/23/2019 at 12:00 PM, Fex Bluse said:

There's a vlogger from south africa living in china...he films everything but when he goes in a mall in shenzen the security always follows him and tells him to not film there....that's where the copied items are sold.

22 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Most countries in Southeast Asia have foreign-made fighter jets, such as the F-16 and Mig-29. Show me a single country that could reverse engineer the planes that they have purchased and manufactured them in huge numbers. None? Why? Because you still need to be very, very clever to be able to do that. Reverse engineering is legal in most parts of the world, including in the US. Also, patents do expire and after that, copying is legal.

4 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Most countries in Southeast Asia have foreign-made fighter jets, such as the F-16 and Mig-29. Show me a single country that could reverse engineer the planes that they have purchased and manufactured them in huge numbers. None? Why? Because you still need to be very, very clever to be able to do that. Reverse engineering is legal in most parts of the world, including in the US. Also, patents do expire and after that, copying is legal.

I have said many times that I beleive the Chinese are clever. 

Do I admire their ability to steal? 

No, do you? 

I admire people who work hard, fight fair and win within rules. 

Would you admire me if I used my martial arts and military training to assault and hospitalise you and then steal your possessions? 

3 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I have said many times that I beleive the Chinese are clever. 

Do I admire their ability to steal? 

No, do you? 

I admire people who work hard, fight fair and win within rules. 

Would you admire me if I used my martial arts and military training to assault and hospitalise you and then steal your possessions? 

Do you consider Apple's imitation of the Xerox Star's interface and Microsoft's imitation of the Mac interface as stealing? The US courts didn't think so.

17 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Do you consider Apple's imitation of the Xerox Star's interface and Microsoft's imitation of the Mac interface as stealing? The US courts didn't think so.

I see, so a kind of moral relativism argument. Or, one that relies, effectively, on power - what a country can get away with. 

This type of understanding of the world is very common amongst Asians, who often understand ultimate lessons well but often fail to understand context. 

In that case, the only authority is whoever has the ultimate power. 

So, to the playground (or battlefield) we go. Last man standing is "right". 

3 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I see, so a kind of moral relativism argument. Or, one that relies, effectively, on power - what a country can get away with. 

This type of understanding of the world is very common amosgst Asians, who often understand ultimate lessons well but often fail to understand context. 

Not really. That's how the world advances. You observe, copy and then improve on what is available. I bet the US had learned something from the Mig-25 that landed in Japan by a Soviet defector pilot. How did Huawei managed to come out with so many 5G patents? Where did they copy from? Huawei may have started a long time ago by copying and imitating but as they get more experienced, they became more innovative and now they are the industry leader.

14 minutes ago, Selatan said:

How did Huawei managed to come out with so many 5G patents? Where did they copy from? Huawei may have started a long time ago by copying and imitating but as they get more experienced, they became more innovative and now they are the industry leader

Yes, this argument is directly from Ren Zhengfei and the army of "wumao" Chinese internet trolls all over the world in every country. 

"If it [the final product] has never existed, how could we have copied it?" 

It's an argument for a child or a poorly educated adult. Pretty stupid argument, right? 

If a thing requires 1,000 things to create, of varying importance, and you copy or steal 997 of them, or you steal 80% of the most important things, and then create the new thing, it's still theft. 

All I can say is let's see who wins this. Huawei can be easily crushed and will likely be. 

16 minutes ago, Selatan said:

That's how the world advances. You observe, copy

OK. I will advance by stealing all your possessions. 

Law doesn't matter. Ethics don't matter. Morality doesn't matter. 

All that matters is power. 

Deal? 

24 minutes ago, Selatan said:

How did Huawei managed

Incorrect tense is very common amongst the Asian students I've taught over many years. 

This type of mistake is also common among "wumao" or other Asian internet trolls. 

I do not think your are a troll. Only letting you know my thoughts. 

11 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Yes, this argument is directly from Ren Zhengfei and the army of "wumao" Chinese internet trolls all over the world in every country. 

"If it [the final product] has never existed, how could we have copied it?" 

It's an argument for a child or a poorly educated adult. Pretty stupid argument, right? 

If a thing requires 1,000 things to create, of varying importance, and you copy or steal 997 of them, or you steal 80% of the most important things, and then create the new thing, it's still theft. 

All I can say is let's see who wins this. Huawei can be easily crushed and will likely be. 

If an IP infringement had taken place, then sue. You can't simply make a sweeping accusation that most of what is needed for 5G was stolen. You have to substantiate and remember, patents do expire and using them is not stealing. Don't forget, Huawei owns 56,492 patents. Huawei is the top patent filer for the past few years.

Huawei is easily crushed by who? The 2 European competitors are years behind Huawei. Huawei already shipped 200,000 5G base stations globally. If a telco in Thailand wants to wait a few years for a far more expensive 5G solution from Europe, then prepare to be crushed by others that go for the far cheaper Huawei solution NOW. If countries want to be totally left behind by swallowing US propaganda about China spying, then it's totally up to them. I know the telcos in my country, Malaysia, are busy doing 5G trials with Huawei and launching the service soon.

24 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Incorrect tense is very common amongst the Asian students I've taught over many years. 

This type of mistake is also common among "wumao" or other Asian internet trolls. 

I do not think your are a troll. Only letting you know my thoughts. 

The past tense or past participle of manage is not "managed"?

This type of understanding of the world is very common amongst Asians, who often understand ultimate lessons well but often fail to understand context. 

Are you living in an Asian country?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Why did you ask this? 

Why did you asked this? 

Oh that. Yes, it's a very common mistake. Thanks for pointing that out, anyway. Now that you have said it, I noticed that the mistake happens occasionally, but not all the time. Not sure why. 

3 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Oh that. Yes, it's a very common mistake. Thanks for pointing that out, anyway. Now that you have said it, I noticed that the mistake happens occasionally, but not all the time. Not sure why. 

Could just be a typo when typing fast on mobile. 

Archived