Seven people killed in van-truck collision in Ubon

webfact

Seven people killed in van-truck collision in Ubon

Van-Accident.jpg

Seven passengers in a mini-bus were killed and four others, including the driver, were seriously injured when their vehicle crashed into a six-wheel truck on a highway in Warin Chamrab district of Thailand’s north-eastern province of Ubon Ratchathani this morning (Wednesday).

According to eyewitness accounts, the passenger van, with a Chon Buri license plate, apparently travelling at high speed, lost control, crossed into the opposite lane and collided head-on with an oncoming six wheeler.

The impact of the collision completely destroyed the van, while the truck flipped onto its side. Two monks, two women and three other men travelling in the van were killed instantly.  Four others, including the driver, whose identity was not known at the time of this report, suffered serious injuries and were rushed to nearby hospitals by rescue workers.

Source:  https://www.thaipbsworld.com/seven-people-killed-in-van-truck-collision-in-ubon/

thaipbs.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Van must have really been traveling very fast to

tip over the truck, RIP,

Looks like no change in the cases of multiple deaths

on the roads,the Government is trying to curb peoples

intake of salt and sugar...for their health...while its the

roads where people are meeting their demise,20,000

a year, how many planes full of people crashing in

Thailand does that represent ,to put it into context,something has to change.

regards worgeordie

Some years back, while on one of my monthly bike road trips on my CBR250, I was on Hwy 11, returning to Chiang Mai from Lampang, doing 120 kph. I saw a silver minivan in my mirrors gaining on me - quickly. I cut my speed to 100 kph and moved over to the left lane, which was empty. Seconds later SIX (6) minivans went FLYING past me, doing at least 140 kph, damn near bumper to bumper. Not many things I'm afraid of, but that scared the hell out of me. 

14 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Some years back, while on one of my monthly bike road trips on my CBR250, I was on Hwy 11, returning to Chiang Mai from Lampang, doing 120 kph. I saw a silver minivan in my mirrors gaining on me - quickly. I cut my speed to 100 kph and moved over to the left lane, which was empty. Seconds later SIX (6) minivans went FLYING past me, doing at least 140 kph, damn near bumper to bumper. Not many things I'm afraid of, but that scared the hell out of me. 

I was in Saraburi  years ago when five ,4 door pickups went past me doing the same, people laughing ,shouting .A few Km on they were head to tail concertina into the back of one another ,with lots of maimed and a least one dead I could see . 

Is part of the van outside the frame of the photo?  Or is that really all that is left?  That is shocking!!  And I have been looking at these for years and years.  I can’t believe 4 people are alive.

8 minutes ago, amykat said:

Is part of the van outside the frame of the photo?  Or is that really all that is left?  That is shocking!!  And I have been looking at these for years and years.  I can’t believe 4 people are alive.

Maybe they are the only four people to have their seat belts properly fastened?

RIP for the other seven people who died .

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The Van must have really been traveling very fast to

tip over the truck, RIP,

Looks like no change in the cases of multiple deaths

on the roads,the Government is trying to curb peoples

intake of salt and sugar...for their health...while its the

roads where people are meeting their demise,20,000

a year, how many planes full of people crashing in

Thailand does that represent ,to put it into context,something has to change.

regards worgeordie

"the Government is trying to curb peoples

intake of salt and sugar...for their health..."

I think we all know what that salt and sugar TAX is really all about.

But I get your point.

Archived