Seven people killed in van-truck collision in Ubon

webfact

3 hours ago, No1Farang said:

In the meantime the authorities prefer to direct their resources into catching foreigners on overstays

Maybe they should transfer "poster boy" to the ministry of transport... then we can all see daily his reported successes!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

If they raised the speeding fine  and gave the police a bonus of say 1000baht. For tickets to drivers transporting people that would help

The result of your actions mean

Police would get rich, drivers lose 1,000 baht

but they're still on the road 5 minutes later... How does that help?

It is shown every single day on many Thai TV channels  So everyone know.  My wife being Miss zapping there is not one day I do not see it more than onetime myself.

We live not too far from Warrin/Ubon and I’ve read about this instance today in 2 (farang based) sources including here. My Thai GF has heard/read nothing from her many Thai based local news sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, neeray said:

"the Government is trying to curb peoples

intake of salt and sugar...for their health..."

I think we all know what that salt and sugar TAX is really all about.

But I get your point.

Yes, one of the many lies of a government.

2 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

We live not too far from Warrin/Ubon and I’ve read about this instance today in 2 (farang based) sources including here. My Thai GF has heard/read nothing from her many Thai based local news sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Sir but not sure you understood my post

The anwer was generally speaking  about the Thai roads, to: 

"Are reports of accidents seen by Thais, I doubt it. The vast majority are probably unaware of the carnage on their roads except for the odd person they know from the village"

Answer: "It is shown every single day on many Thai TV channels  So everyone know.  My wife being Miss zapping there is not one day I do not see it more than onetime myself"

5 hours ago, nickmondo said:

why anyone would travel in one of these vans is beyond me!

Take the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, the bus drivers cant drive either, but at least go slower than the nutters driving the vans

Sometimes they will passing you with 120 km/h so too.

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So much for Buddhism bringing you luck I guess

Your statement could have been valid if you knew what's happening after this life something you don't - with other words we do not really know who were the lucky ones - right ... :thumbsup:

When reading about all these multiple road fatalities and the inaction of the authorities, I come to wonder if Life has any value in this country ? We live now.. and if we die in the next minute, well.. it’s Buddha’s will, I guess. I mean, truly, the authorities don’t give a damn, do they ? The day a busload of farangs kills 30, it might make the difference ! 

7 hours ago, Tonybeerd said:

Speed restrict the vans to 80 klm easy to do ! or fit tachometers ???? 

I think you meant tacographs which record speed, distance and driver activity.

Tacometers are used by Mexican restaurants.  image.jpeg.f630278d9c489e53aa8e997f0ccd8a17.jpeg

9 hours ago, kentrot said:

This government is very good at one thing .. making RULES.

Here is a thought - how about a rule that insists every van has a speed limiter.

At a cost of about $50 US , a bargain

NXS-3 Vehicle Speed Limiter For School Buses, Truc

https://www.h-nec.com/nxs-3-vehicle-speed-limiter-for-school-buses-trucks-with-speed-signal-wire-p00082p1.html

Don't be silly, that requires common sense!

What a bad day at work for the poor truck driver ! ... Probably only doing 60 to 80k and in your lane, on the left, ... and some Loonie, doing high speed in a van, also full of people, looses control, ...  and comes over on to your side of the road, and Rams you head on !!! ... Killing most of his passengers ! ... and not a good thng for any Thai Buddhist .... Like those bigger 6 wheelers would not be very maneuverable I think, ... so he could not have got out of the way,even if he did have time ? 

On 10/23/2019 at 4:13 PM, Lungstib said:

If we cant get better driving at least try to restrict vans speeds to 80kph. Forget the GPS for everyone, fit a tachograph in every van, bus and lorry and have all daily records checked. This stupidity needs to end.

Car and motorcycle drivers cause as many deaths as vans so let's apply your demands to those also, not just vans.  That would include your car, obviously.  Would you be happy with that or are you too good a driver to be as restricted as you'd like others to be.

Archived