UK police find 39 bodies in a truck container

Jonathan Fairfield

57 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Not true I know from personal experience illegals have gotten public housing and health care.

Health care possibly - it depends on whether the hospital is being strict on checking the person's eligibility or not.

However when it comes to housing, that's just not possible. If they're illegal immigrants it means they are unregistered and undocumented. A person who is not registered anywhere and has no documentation cannot get their name on a housing list. Maybe you're getting mixed up between an illegal immigrant and an asylum seeker or refugee.

According to the Citizens Advice website, anyone applying for public housing (sometimes known as social housing) will have to fill out a form giving various items of information including:

any visas or immigration documents (like a passport), if you’re not from the UK

Most council housing lists are way over-subscribed and there are long watering lists. A person without a valid visa or other legal document allowing them to remain in the UK will not be accepted onto a public housing waiting list. Moreover if they were to try, they would risk being detained and deported so they're hardly likely to try in the first place.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be blunt,i do not any immigrant to the UKwhether legal or illegal should get social housing ,not when residents are without,and before anyone says different i know from working with certain councils and housing associations many many get preferance over native Nrits.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

We're talking about illegal immigrants here. Illegal immigrants don't get housing, state benefits etc because they're, well - illegal. Also, only permanent residents (and again, you have to have some kind of legal status to have that) get free health care in the UK.

It's also a myth that Britain is this overwhelmingly attractive destination for migrants (either legal or illegal). According to Eurostat, the UK is not high in the league of preferred destinations. It is the 8th regarding highest number of applications and 17th regarding existing population (applicants per 1,000 head of population.)

It is 8 th regarding highest number of applications (one would assume legal). However it cannot take into account the numbers who have entered illegally.

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Yes,it has now been confirmed that the parents of one girl had paid 30k for her journey,God knows why , but there are those who do not wish to know this.

Border control ?,  just part of the chain, big players..

Not  the first , and certainly not the last.  Case closed. 

On 10/24/2019 at 12:49 AM, dimitriv said:

Did you ever see how many UK citizens are living in Spain?  

I think a large part is also the result of the language. A lot of people learn English. So if you want to leave your home country the UK can be a nice destination.

Living in the Netherlands I have to register with the local council my address and carry at all times photo id a passport or official Netherlands identity card it's compulsory for all from 14 years old.sometimes a driving license will do but it's not an official identity document.

When I want to register with a doctor I need a official ID,if I have to go to hospital they want to see my ID,if I go to vote they want to see my ID if I go to pick up something from a pick up point they want to see a ID etc etc .

Does any of that happen in the UK.You join the dots.

On 10/26/2019 at 1:46 PM, Orton Rd said:

Not true I know from personal experience illegals have gotten public housing and health care. Getting free health care you are not entitled to in the UK is child's play, when was the last time you heard of any ID being asked for? When I took my NHS card into the surgery to update the address they said they had never seen one and not to bother. Not being entitled to and what really goes on are two different things, too many with 'compassion & empathy' only makes the situation worse.

I'm calling BS on this one.

How do you get anything in the UK without a NI number? You might be able to get the odd bit of medical treatment but that's it. You might be conveniently mixing illegal immigrants up with asylum seekers (two VERY different things) but again this goes to the heart of many of you when commenting on these issues; you hate people you have never met, for reasons you don't understand because you have been programmed to blame them for all your own, self-inflicted problems.

I'm sorry you life sucks but it's not Abioye's or Ahmed's fault. They're just trying to make a better life for themselves. Don't blame them, blame the guys who inflicted 10 years of austerity on you, who stopped building social housing, who are now leading you down a disastrous economic path just so you can wallow in your petty jingoistic nonsense. 

Open your mind to where the REAl problem is.     

Dreams of a better life: Faces of the migrants who died in truck tragedy while trying to enter UK - as it emerges 25 of the 39 victims were from the same Vietnamese village

It's highly likely that all the 39 victims were Vietnamese. Each year, 130 million Chinese have no problem getting tourist visas to travel to almost any country, so it doesn't make sense to spend $40k to be smuggled in.

1 hour ago, Selatan said:

Dreams of a better life: Faces of the migrants who died in truck tragedy while trying to enter UK - as it emerges 25 of the 39 victims were from the same Vietnamese village

It's highly likely that all the 39 victims were Vietnamese. Each year, 130 million Chinese have no problem getting tourist visas to travel to almost any country, so it doesn't make sense to spend $40k to be smuggled in.

The traffickers targets will generally be villagers with no worldly knowledge who might be be easy to convince that their son or daughter will never get a passport. Part of the deal will be an 'easy' passport. The parents probably believe their kids will be travelling by plane, train or bus to a well paid job in 'wherever'.

One father on uk tv was saying he re-mortgaged his house to raise the money for his son. He now believes his son is one of the 39. There is no way now he can get money to pay back on his home.

Reason for all the above?

Don't put the blame on UK in any way for the sad deaths of the 39. It started in Vietnam and China. Put the blame on the traffickers and corrupt officials who issued the passports to allow the start of the journey.

They are ultimately to blame for the end result.

6 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'm calling BS on this one.

How do you get anything in the UK without a NI number? You might be able to get the odd bit of medical treatment but that's it. You might be conveniently mixing illegal immigrants up with asylum seekers (two VERY different things) but again this goes to the heart of many of you when commenting on these issues; you hate people you have never met, for reasons you don't understand because you have been programmed to blame them for all your own, self-inflicted problems.

I'm sorry you life sucks but it's not Abioye's or Ahmed's fault. They're just trying to make a better life for themselves. Don't blame them, blame the guys who inflicted 10 years of austerity on you, who stopped building social housing, who are now leading you down a disastrous economic path just so you can wallow in your petty jingoistic nonsense. 

Open your mind to where the REAl problem is.     

So how do these illegal immigrants survive? Through crime,working illegally,in the black economy?although I feel sorry for anyone who wants to better themselves but Britain has it's own problems,food banks,poverty,homelessness,poor state pension.So let's get our own house in order,and who were the guys who bailed out the banks at our expense?why the Labour party.genuine refugees should seek sanctuary under the haIg. convention in the first safe country they set foot in not trek half way across the world.Britain is no longer a world power just a skint little laughing stock so perhaps we should stop punching above our weight,I would like to see a comparison on the immigration-asylum policy compared to the los,s

10 hours ago, overherebc said:

The traffickers targets will generally be villagers with no worldly knowledge who might be be easy to convince that their son or daughter will never get a passport. Part of the deal will be an 'easy' passport. The parents probably believe their kids will be travelling by plane, train or bus to a well paid job in 'wherever'.

One father on uk tv was saying he re-mortgaged his house to raise the money for his son. He now believes his son is one of the 39. There is no way now he can get money to pay back on his home.

Reason for all the above?

Don't put the blame on UK in any way for the sad deaths of the 39. It started in Vietnam and China. Put the blame on the traffickers and corrupt officials who issued the passports to allow the start of the journey.

They are ultimately to blame for the end result.

I thought the UK authorities said that very little paper identification was found on them, which means that the traffickers may be hiding them in various ways as they travelled from Vietnam to the UK.

30 minutes ago, Selatan said:

I thought the UK authorities said that very little paper identification was found on them, which means that the traffickers may be hiding them in various ways as they travelled from Vietnam to the UK.

The traffickers take the paasports away from them before they put them in the containers!!!!!!!

On 10/24/2019 at 1:09 AM, Briggsy said:

Asylum regulations, benefits (including housing and ability to bring relatives later), existing migrant communities/diaspora for all migrants and rate of hourly pay. 

That's about it.

You’ve forgotten the most obvious one.

The driver. 

10 pages of drivel blaming all and sundry, the bleeding hearts, the ‘virtue signallers’ and what not. But not the most responsible person of all.

I wonder why. 

18 hours ago, kingdong said:

So how do these illegal immigrants survive? Through crime,working illegally,in the black economy?although I feel sorry for anyone who wants to better themselves but Britain has it's own problems,food banks,poverty,homelessness,poor state pension.So let's get our own house in order,and who were the guys who bailed out the banks at our expense?why the Labour party.genuine refugees should seek sanctuary under the haIg. convention in the first safe country they set foot in not trek half way across the world.Britain is no longer a world power just a skint little laughing stock so perhaps we should stop punching above our weight,I would like to see a comparison on the immigration-asylum policy compared to the los,s

And your point is?

You are just regurgitating well worn diatribes heard from every Brexit apostle or far right lunatic. 

No one is questioning that illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed into the country (the clue is in the word 'illegal') but the UK ranks WAY behind other countries in asylum seekers never mind illegal immigrants thanks to a narrative that demonises them all. Do you really think that, food banks, poverty, homelessness, poor state pensions are really the doing of immigrants? 10 years of austerity is why there is food banks, poverty, homelessness and poor state pensions and that my friend has nothing to do with immigrants and everything to do with a Tory government that has convinced you to vote against your own best interests with a not so subtle narrative that blames immigrants for all your problems rather than them. 

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

And your point is?

You are just regurgitating well worn diatribes heard from every Brexit apostle or far right lunatic. 

No one is questioning that illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed into the country (the clue is in the word 'illegal') but the UK ranks WAY behind other countries in asylum seekers never mind illegal immigrants thanks to a narrative that demonises them all. Do you really think that, food banks, poverty, homelessness, poor state pensions are really the doing of immigrants? 10 years of austerity is why there is food banks, poverty, homelessness and poor state pensions and that my friend has nothing to do with immigrants and everything to do with a Tory government that has convinced you to vote against your own best interests wit

My point is ( and if you,d read my post I wouldn,t have to repeat it) there's no one size fits all in immigration,I didn,t say immigrants were the cause of food banks and poverty you did and tried to put the words into my mouth(and not done a very good job).also as pointed out it was Labour who created austerity by bailing out their noveau banking buddies by devaluing The pound.And what's brexi t got to do with the topic? Anyway assume you reside in the los what's their policy on immigration?and thanks for your advice on my character and brain washing but if I want that i,'ll cross a fortune tellers hand with silver,anyway good luck in the los and hope there's a UK for you to return too when,sorry if it go,as tits up.

14 hours ago, samran said:

You’ve forgotten the most obvious one.

The driver. 

10 pages of drivel blaming all and sundry, the bleeding hearts, the ‘virtue signallers’ and what not. But not the most responsible person of all.

I wonder why. 

I think you have quoted the wrong person. Your post has no relevance to mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/emmerdale-recasts-asan-njies-role-101749259.html

So, after all this talk, we now know what actually happened. The 39 victims were all Vietnamese. Ten were actually teenagers. Eight female and thirty one male, and they were from six provinces in Vietnam.

Below is a photo of Pham Thi Tra My, 26.

20180588-7613755-Pham_Thi_Tra_My-a-69_1572012272351.jpg.a77129da558c333424fa12b8240a46c4.jpg

Them Vietnamese are hard-working people. Why on earth have them pay about ten thousand dollars to be smuggled into Britain ? It would be far better to just let them in legally. Women like the above lady are the exact type of people that Britain should have.

Archived