UK police find 39 bodies in a truck container

Jonathan Fairfield

I will probably get slagged for this.

If the reports are genuine and they are chinese then if that's confirmed, repatriate the bodies to China and let China deal with it from there. No need to spend a fortune of UK money to determine any more than the exact cause of death in each case. No need for a long long court case, to determine why the poor bas--rds died. Continue the investigation on the smuggling ring with EU authorities to find and punish the guilty.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I will probably get slagged for this.

If the reports are genuine and they are chinese then if that's confirmed, repatriate the bodies to China and let China deal with it from there. No need to spend a fortune of UK money to determine any more than the exact cause of death in each case. No need for a long long court case, to determine why the poor bas--rds died. Continue the investigation on the smuggling ring with EU authorities to find and punish the guilty.

Not keen on following standard UK criminal law then? You can't just fob off 39 dead bodies to the EU without first determining it's a solely EU problem and having a full investigation. Since they were all found dead in the UK, it becomes the UK's responsibility and can only be handed off once it doesn't. If it was 39 dead Brits found in China, would you be glad that China didn't investigate because, you know it costs a few quid?

It's very difficult to catch them as they are kept hidden in safe houses and not allowed out.

You'll be pleased to hear that most of the survivors were deported back to China.
What do you mean difficult to catch them,they were working openly on Morecombe bay picking cockles,as most low paid workers are working openly,picking fruit ,veg ,and on large farms ,just raid them daily .

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, JamesBlond said:

Britain needs to ask itself why it is such a magnet for these people. Perhaps cutting out all the virtue-signalling would help.

You mean UK benefits , free housing , health care etc .

Remove the magnetic attraction , and this loss of lives , would  not have happened. RIP..

21 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not keen on following standard UK criminal law then? You can't just fob off 39 dead bodies to the EU without first determining it's a solely EU problem and having a full investigation. Since they were all found dead in the UK, it becomes the UK's responsibility and can only be handed off once it doesn't. If it was 39 dead Brits found in China, would you be glad that China didn't investigate because, you know it costs a few quid?

39 bodies in a sealed container ( reefer ) it's 99% sure lack of oxygen or extreme cold or a combination of the two.

Forensics will probably confirm that soon.

I did say bodies back to China, not the EU.

12 hours ago, elliss said:

You mean UK benefits , free housing , health care etc .

Remove the magnetic attraction , and this loss of lives , would  not have happened. RIP..

people like us who paid in for years (44 in my case) get their pension frozen on the day we get it and our dependants benifit stopped in april next year ,making us even poorer . yet illegal immigrants ,get housed fed and a cash payment ,then fight for years at out expense not to get sent back where they came from ,to all the do gooders ,is that fair? what a silly question isnt it?

by the way ,they should not have died ,rip.

According to UK news this morning it's a kind of debt chain in many cases. Locals get in debt to a group known as 'Snakeheads' who owe to the 'Triad' and from there it starts the process of transport to UK etc, where big money is promised to pay off the family debts.

On the reefer trailer it appears it was fitted with a gps tracker and since being rented by a company ( name not made public yet ) a few weeks ago it has been back and forward from UK to France Belgium etc, and has never been further south than Lille in France.

people like us who paid in for years (44 in my case) get their pension frozen on the day we get it and our dependants benifit stopped in april next year ,making us even poorer . yet illegal immigrants ,get housed fed and a cash payment ,then fight for years at out expense not to get sent back where they came from ,to all the do gooders ,is that fair? what a silly question isnt it?
Why cant all the virtue signalers see this,we can we dont hate,just know we have worked hard for our lives ,we cant support everyone.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

According to UK news this morning it's a kind of debt chain in many cases. Locals get in debt to a group known as 'Snakeheads' who owe to the 'Triad' and from there it starts the process of transport to UK etc, where big money is promised to pay off the family debts.

On the reefer trailer it appears it was fitted with a gps tracker and since being rented by a company ( name not made public yet ) a few weeks ago it has been back and forward from UK to France Belgium etc, and has never been further south than Lille in France.

Asian organized crime in the  European Union 

The note shows that Asian organized crime, which is a relatively new phenomenon, has entered the criminal area in a number of EU countries. It analyses how the activities of Asian criminal groups are linked to migrant communities and which fields are concerned. They include extortion, human smuggling/trafficking and money laundering. In collaboration with other non-Asian criminal groups, Asian organized crime is also active in the production and trade of illegal drugs, matchfixing and counterfeiting of consumer goods. This note proposes appropriate solutions on how to fight this particular form of organized crime.

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:
  21 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

so as i said work in the black economy ,taking work from locals . by the way where did you read that Triads brought them to work as slave labour ,did not realize that there were Triad gangs operating in N Ireland , under Irish aliases .

So they came to scam benefits AND to steal good, decent work from good, decent white people? That's a low blow to all good, decent white people everywhere!

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

So they came to scam benefits AND to steal good, decent work from good, decent white people? That's a low blow to all good, decent white people everywhere!

The irony there is that, in the case of the cockle pickers, they were competing against British people who were working and claiming benefits at the same time. Their gangmasters were primarily British gypsies.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The irony there is that, in the case of the cockle pickers, they were competing against British people who were working and claiming benefits at the same time. Their gangmasters were primarily British gypsies.

They might be benefit cheats, but they are OUR benefit cheats! ????

30 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

My post #78 explains everything. Google the facts if you don't believe me.

Clearly the victims weren't bound for N. Ireland.

In the case of the cockle pickers, the Triads recruited them in China and when they reached the UK they were handed over to a Triad gang operating in Liverpool who ran them.

The Irish trucker was just paid to haul a load, quite possibly didn't even know what the load was.

I'm guessing now but the authoritied were first notified via the ambulance service. Who called for an ambulance? Quite possibly the trucker who opened the trailer on reaching his destination and was horrified by what he found. Also possible that the Triads were at the scene waiting to take delivery of the "load". Seing that the cargo was "spoilt" they probably had it on their toes, leaving the trucker to deal with it.

According to the news it was the trucker who discovered the bodies and phoned for the ambulance .

Since this is not the first time this has happened should there not be legislation to make all such vehicles openable from the inside ?

In 2000, 58 Chinese stowaways died in a lorry travelling by ferry from Belgium to Britain.

They were immigrants and likely died of asphyxiation after being trapped in the container for more than 18 hours.

The driver, Perry Wacker, was sentenced to 14 years in jail for his part in a people smuggling operation run by a Chinese gang.

And in 2004, 23 Chinese cockle pickers who were searching for a "better life" drowned in Morecambe Bay, Lancs, when they were trapped by sweeping tides.

4 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

How  many illegals get access to state benefits?

Add to this the penalties for landlords who rent to illegal immigrants:

"You could be sent to prison for 5 years or get an unlimited fine for renting property in England to someone who you knew or had ‘reasonable cause to believe’ didn’t have the right to rent in the UK."

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

yes ,i chose to come here ,with my Thai wife and our son ,with my money ,i paid for him to go through private school ,i paid for him to go to university ,i pay my way ,i claim NOTHING from the Thai people ,i do not work in the black economy and take a job form a Thai person . i did not come here illegally ,i get a visa yearly ,i do a 90 day report , i put money into the Thai economy .

now pray tell what illegal immigrants bring to the UK/

once again i add ,it is terrible that they died .

Good for you.

Mow where is your evidence that these people where coming to the UK for benefits, free housing, health care etc?

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

as usual ,just trying to shut me and people like me down .

I’m not trying to ‘shut you down’ Berty, I’m simply asking you to back up the assertions you make with evidence, something you seem unable to do.

Why would I want to ‘shut you down’, your inability to back up your assertions with evidence is a solid argument against the views you express.

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Quite sure forensics will determine the time of death for the poor buggers and I did say work 'with' the EU not fob anything onto anyone.

What's your next made up point?

Your whole post was about fobbing it off; either sending the bodies straight back to China- '.....repatriate the bodies to China and let China deal with it from there' and fobbing off our legal responsibilities with a 'No need for a long long court case, to determine why the poor bas--rds died.' 

Granted you mentioned working with the EU but since you were fobbing everything else off to everyone else, it also sounded like you were looking to fob that bit off as well, but I will stand corrected.

Your whole post sounded like it wasn't worth the time, effort or expense because they were 'only' 39 dead Chinese people. 

That's MY point. 

49 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Having seen the GPS journey of the trailer I suspect the appropriate authorities will assume a link to dissident republican criminals @ the receiving end.

If correct what else might already have arrived?

I’m sure you are aware assumption is the mother of many ‘children’.

Best to await the outcome of the investigation.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

And you blame immigrants for all this rather than a Tory government who has inflicted austerity on the UK for the past 10 years? 

They managed to find the money to bail out the banks but can't seem to find any money to help pensioners and other dependents? 

You're falling for the oldest trick in the book; blame the immigrants for all your problems rather than the actual people who created your problem.

46 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Where is your evidence that they came to scam Benefits?

Where is your evidence that they came to steal good, decent work from anybody?

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Where is your evidence that they came to scam Benefits?

Where is your evidence that they came to steal good, decent work from anybody?

I have none whatsoever - I was merely pointing out (albeit in a somewhat sarcastic tone) the seemingly incongruous suggestions of the poster who asserted that they were both seeking benefits and stealing British jobs.

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I have none whatsoever - I was merely pointing out (albeit in a somewhat sarcastic tone) the seemingly incongruous suggestions of the poster who asserted that they were both seeking benefits and stealing British jobs.

And rightly so, this thread is replete with unsubstantiated claims.

Archived