South Korea warns of 'serious risk' from vaping, considers sales ban

snoop1130

8 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The Marlboro man can continue selling his junk and everyone trying to get away has no option now. Great. How does that work out? 

Risk not worth taking? All studies show that the health risk is reduced by vaping. So the risk not worth taking would logically be smoking, and alcohol, and air pollution, but zero is done against that. No financial interests.

Yeah whenever i take a shower the watersteam is also killing me slowly. 

yeah exactly, and imagine now they ban all regulated legal stuff and people HAVE to buy blackmarket stuff and will die. They are literally killing people. 

Cannabis vape liquids are also quite harmless if bought in a real dispensary, but due to the heavy taxes they are so expensive that people have to buy blackmarket junk - and die because of that.

Taxed to death - literally.

But hey it's all to protect the children right? We had that before.

Zero is done against smoking? Please.

Zero is done against air pollution? Please.

Zero is done against alcohol? Not much, agree, this is too much engrained in society, but it is changing slowly.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Zero is done against smoking? Please.

Zero is done against air pollution? Please.

Zero is done against alcohol? Not much, agree, this is too much engrained in society, but it is changing slowly.

whats done against smoking that doesnt apply to vaping???  Everything is for over 18 year olds and only in spaces that allow it. Every adult can just buy the stuff, which is fine.

One kills you and is freely available at 7 11, the other thing doesnt kill you, even helps you not dying from tobacco but is illegal. Disgusting.

whats done against air pollution??? This <deleted> is killing more people in a day than vaping will kill in a lifetime, what an absurd statement especially here in Thailand. Zero is done, Chiang Mai is a hellhole, so is bangkok and i have to breath this <deleted> 24/7 and run 3 air purifiers in our condo. Disgusting.

Alcohol and drunk drivers, alcohol kills how many people each year here? You can do nothing against drunk drivers if they hit you on the road. Someone vaping however doesn't effect you in the slightest. You can easily bribe yourself out here if you are caught drunk driving. Disgusting.

Smoking is the first leading risk factor for early death and disability in Thailand, particularly for people with cancer, pulmonary complications and heart disease. Almost 50,000 people die due to tobacco use each year [6]. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4690366/

Smoking deaths in Thailand per year: 50.000

Alcohol deaths in Thailand per year: 50.000 (https://www.cgh.co.th/health-tips-detail/โรคพิษสุราเรื้อรัง)

Air pollution deaths in Thailand per year: ????

Road death per year in Thailand: 24 000

Vaping deaths: 0, even helps reducing smoking deaths.

4 of these no one gives a <deleted> about, one is banned because it would lower the amount of taxes and profit from the tobacco monopoly.

I am really interested in the mental gymnastics you have to do to justify this BS. 

9 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

whats done against smoking that doesnt apply to vaping???  Everything is for over 18 year olds and only in spaces that allow it. Every adult can just buy the stuff, which is fine.

One kills you and is freely available at 7 11, the other thing doesnt kill you, even helps you not dying from tobacco but is illegal. Disgusting.

whats done against air pollution??? This <deleted> is killing more people in a day than vaping will kill in a lifetime, what an absurd statement especially here in Thailand. Zero is done, Chiang Mai is a hellhole, so is bangkok and i have to breath this <deleted> 24/7 and run 3 air purifiers in our condo. Disgusting.

Alcohol and drunk drivers, alcohol kills how many people each year here? You can do nothing against drunk drivers if they hit you on the road. Someone vaping however doesn't effect you in the slightest. You can easily bribe yourself out here if you are caught drunk driving. Disgusting.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4690366/

Smoking deaths in Thailand per year: 50.000

Alcohol deaths in Thailand per year: 50.000 (https://www.cgh.co.th/health-tips-detail/โรคพิษสุราเรื้อรัง)

Air pollution deaths in Thailand per year: ????

Road death per year in Thailand: 24 000

Vaping deaths: 0, even helps reducing smoking deaths.

4 of these no one gives a <deleted> about, one is banned because it would lower the amount of taxes and profit from the tobacco monopoly.

I am really interested in the mental gymnastics you have to do to justify this BS. 

"I am really interested in the mental gymnastics you have to do to justify this BS. "

Easy, I stick to the topic, vaping in South Korea.

Archived