"Respectful Education" Schools.... help!

I have also posted this on the Pattaya forum, apologies for repeating...

Hi all,

Looking for comments, advice any pointers from parents of children in the first years of primary or elementary education.

We will be moving to the area next year. My daughter has always been in what I would call "respectful"education and child care, specifically Reggio Emilia approach (think Montessori, Waldorf etc).

Does this kind of education even exist in Thailand???

I have read a few horror stories about teachers hitting pupils even in the international schools.

Our focus really is on building confidence and building the person as a whole and not mainly academic results, endless exams etc. especially at such a young age. Is this a utopian dream regarding schools in SEA??!!

Anyone have any experience on this matter?

Help would be muuuuch appreciated!

Thanks for your reply. She has been at (Reggio Emilia) school now for a couple of years and absolutely thrives being with her classmates all day and,tbh, I don’t think I am up for home schooling. 

The education you mention for 2 years, was that in Thailand? 

1 minute ago, Greenmango said:

Thanks for your reply. She has been at (Reggio Emilia) school now for a couple of years and absolutely thrives being with her classmates all day and,tbh, I don’t think I am up for home schooling. 

The education you mention for 2 years, was that in Thailand? 

No my education (brain washing?) was in Australia.I just found these by googling I guess you would have to contact or visit to see if they are suitable.

Ekkamai Road, Phra Khanong Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok, Thailand
 061-3873515
 337/1 Moo 4 Rim Kok Mueang Chiang Rai Chiang Rai Thailand
 053 750-888
 (+66) 053-750888

Have done an internet search for Pattaya, the area we will be going but no luck. Also during a year we spent in Malaysia, Montessori school usually just meant they played with wooden toys for an hour a day! ????

would be interested to hear of experiences in Pattaya area.

Many thanks

There are no good schools in Pattaya. She needs to live in Bangkok. Most Catholic and Christian schools will instill western moray's as well as Thai culture and sensibilities. Many good Catholic and Christian schools in BKK. There is at least one Montessori School in BKK. I thought that model was largely debunked?

Edited by Number 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 4:16 PM, Number 6 said:

There are no good schools in Pattaya. She needs to live in Bangkok. Most Catholic and Christian schools will instill western moray's as well as Thai culture and sensibilities. Many good Catholic and Christian schools in BKK. There is at least one Montessori School in BKK. I thought that model was largely debunked?

There are (or were) two Montessori schools in Bangkok:  MABIS, which emphasizes the American version of the model, and modern montessori international pre-school, which focuses on the European version.  

• 9 months later...