BANGKOK
snoop1130

Rubber industry’s survival depends on certification, says academic

Last i week i read that recycling old tires is big business now in India....there are official companies doing it but also many locals who do it in their garden which is very polluting.

Those tires are sent from the UK to India but i bet they don't know (or care) how polluting that is.

16 hours ago, Bosse137 said:

It takes about 5 to 7 years,depending on how well you take care of them.

I will write rather 6 to 7 years;
in any case, a tree must not be pruned before its circumference is at least 23 cm.
If you start to prune a tree that is too young you greatly reduce it life and also the amount of seve it could give.
a tree gives good seve from the age of about 7 to about 35 years ...

It’s time they realize how the world market works-nobody will buy substandard goods, and many want sustainable practices these days 

Instead of saying dont do this,don`t do that`;if these experts know how to do things,in REAL LIFE,do not keep it secret! Go out in a few villages in some different areas and show how to do,and I can guaranti,that if it is viabel,the practise will spread like wildfire!  I openly wellcome you,experts,to my wife`s farm,where you can educate us! Though,I want to tip you already,that what works on paper or in labaratories,doesn`t always work in the real setting.I can also assure people,that if the farmers don`t have to mix in some little acid,they wouldn`t do it;cost money and manpower to do so.

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

I will write rather 6 to 7 years;
in any case, a tree must not be pruned before its circumference is at least 23 cm.
If you start to prune a tree that is too young you greatly reduce it life and also the amount of seve it could give.
a tree gives good seve from the age of about 7 to about 35 years ...

In my post I stated that I was not interested in tapping the trees l just like the way they look what happens if I don't prune them I only have 100

9 hours ago, Redline said:

It’s time they realize how the world market works-nobody will buy substandard goods, and many want sustainable practices these days 

Yes, but what will a certification guarantee? That the farmer promised not to mix acid with the latex? And who guarantee's that he also won't do that next year? What's the deal? Will they get harsh punishment if they start mixing it later with the certification in the pocket?

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Yes, but what will a certification guarantee? That the farmer promised not to mix acid with the latex? And who guarantee's that he also won't do that next year? What's the deal? Will they get harsh punishment if they start mixing it later with the certification in the pocket?

I don’t know the process, but it seems there are a few different international certifications, and I’m sure they test everything and visit the production countries?