Julie Andrews says she avoided sexual harassment because people were scared of her film producer husband Blake Edwards

snoop1130

Julie Andrews says she avoided sexual harassment because people were scared of her film producer husband Blake Edwards

By ISABELLA NIKOLIC

20025366-7599489-image-a-1_1571731550033.jpg

Dame Julie Andrews has said she thinks she avoided sexual harassment throughout her career because men feared her husband, Blake Edwards (pictured together at the Oscars in 2004)

Dame Julie Andrews has said she thinks she avoided sexual harassment throughout her career because men feared her husband. 

The Sound of Music star, 84, was married to highly influential filmmaker Blake Edwards, who created the Pink Panther films and directed Breakfast at Tiffany's, from 1969 until his death in 2010. 

She told the Radio Times magazine that she has never experienced the sort of harassment that led to the #MeToo movement which was sparked when as many as 95 women accused Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault.

She said: 'I understand #MeToo very well. It's an important development and it should be recognised.'

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7599489/Julie-Andrews-says-avoided-sexual-harassment-people-feared-film-producer-husband.html

LOL. I just watched 10 last night. Blake directed and she played opposite Dudley Moore.

I really hated her PC character, and it was made in 1979. 

Bo Derek didn't use her starring role to gain greater success in movies, but then I didn't like her character in the film, and she was not lauded for her acting in it.

Archived