E-visa 60-day SETV issued by London with 89 day flight span

I was a bit worried about this. In the past we never had to show flight bookings for a SETV. But with the new e-visa system, you do. I had already booked for 89 days (assuming a 30-day extension) so just included the flight booking with the application to see what would happen. No problem at all.

I also used a really bad set of photos of my condo rental agreement, and a bank statement that didn't show much income (my income is irregular). No problem with anything. 

I didn't know I would need the rental agreement, so got my girlfriend to email me pictures. It was interesting getting them into a single file of less than 0.5Mb - not sure how many people would manage that. The e-visa consumed about 20 times as much of my time and 15 times as much paper as the old manual system. But hey, at least the dreaded Postal Orders are gone.

These days I always take well over 20,000 Baht of English cash with me just in case, although never been asked to show it.

I was specifically asking the same question for an METV, and got confirmation that a flight within 8 months, eventually even 9 months were possible. But I would not take it for granted, if you're facing someone else the day you drop your application.

In my case Mr. Consul was even not in the office for 2 weeks, and nobody else assigned to sign the bloody  visas.

Sheer incompetence.