Refused entry at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi from London Heathrow with visa - help returning

27 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Your tourist visa is still valid. Do the following:

• Fly to Kuala Lumpur.
  • Fly Kuala Lumpur to Vientiane.
  • Enter Thailand via the Friendship Bridge to Nong Khai.
  • Travel from Hong Khai to your final destination, possibly using Udon Thani airport which is not far from Nong Khai.

Using most land crossings, they still only deny entry for official, documented reasons. Entering at Nong Khai, you may be subjected to some questioning, but denied entry is very unlikely.

An education visa from a language school might be an option for the future, but it is not really necessary at this stage.

I no longer have the visa as I have renewed my passport today. I did plan to get an education visa after my tourist visa ran out so it does not matter too much.

5 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

If you get denied at Suvanabhumi, will you be allowed to fly to Vientiane?

Only if immigration allow it. 

They will want the airline that brought you to take you back. If you produce a flight to Vientiane or elsewhere they might let you use it.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Usually, if you have a valid unused visa, your old passport will be returned to you after having surgery such as cutting of the corners applied to it. If you have the old passport with the visa, the visa is still valid and usable, but you will need to show both passports when entering Thailand.

I have renewed online and will receive my old passport back and the new one (it says in up to three weeks). Would this not raise more suspicion if I try to get in with a visa from another passport that has been deactivated, and has the refused stamp? 

The language school are going to send me the documents I need to apply for my ed visa here in London. i think this is easier as I dont want to waste more time or take chances

9 hours ago, elviajero said:

You weren't denied for not having money (min 20K baht). You were denied under section 12.2 because you don't have the appropriate means to live long term in the country.

Yes, it will be on your record. Entering with a Non-Immigrant visa helps and it's unlikely you'll be denied entry using that visa, but they aren't stupid and may still question you about your time in the country.

they did not say anything to me about me not having enough money and I also showed them the cash. I told them the truth that I was travelling for 2 or 3 months and then I planned to study thai language. 

13 minutes ago, hughglo9 said:

they did not say anything to me about me not having enough money and I also showed them the cash. I told them the truth that I was travelling for 2 or 3 months and then I planned to study thai language. 

You probably have a "2" and not a "9" on the refusal stamp. 9 is for not having 20K. 2 is more about having insufficient means (reason) to stay in Thailand long term since they don't consider you a tourist anymore. They are cracking down on repeat (visa runner) visitor with visa exempt, tourist visa and those on repeat ED visa that don't really learn. 

Edited by Tayaout

How do you know that the reason for refusal was money? Can I point out that In Immigration clause usually cited as reason for refusal it also says inappropriate visa. Your visa was inappropriate in that you had been staying in Thailand for five months out of six using the same type of visa twice . An education visa is an appropriate visa for staying in Thailand for longer periods so a new passport makes no difference. 

Edit. I see that you have added more and been advised to try all sorts of devices so my point applies to everyone. Do not think that IOs don’t see who is doing what, they know what is going on.  Succeeding to enter using a different port of entry or new passport means only that you have been accepted by a more tolerant IO. 

Edited by tgeezer