Refused entry at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi from London Heathrow with visa - help returning

41 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is never cited as reason, because visiting Thailand repeatedly on a tourist visa isn't against any laws and "inappropriate visa" is no reason for denial.

The underlying reason for denial is that IOs think the person might be illegally working in Thailand (section 12.3). But they can't prove it, so they abuse section 12.2 to deny people. That the english translation of this section (or the stamp) is wrong just helps them.

Border crossing is not the court of law, there is no need for burden of proof, maybe if you can show how one can holiday 5 out of six months and maintain an income without working while in Thailand, they'll probably suggest that person can afford an Elite visa. 

Even if you have savings that can last a whole year in Thailand, not needing to work means you have no significant ties to your 'home' country and is unlikely to have any reason to return, at least Thailand's visa don't consider 'reason to return' for tourist visa yet unlike many western countries, most likely you're considered not tourist according to their definition.

• Like 2

After your treatment, I'm surprised your so eager to return. 

In another post, some time ago , someone said that people come to Thailand and then, the wheels fall off, in relation to exploring other places. If you don't have a relationship with someone in Thailand, it might be worth considering flying via another place you may wish to check out, and just visiting Thailand from there, so you have a plan B option? (you can book the journey from the UK so it's all covered by your travel insurance)

1 hour ago, marqus12 said:

Suggests studying Geography.

You obviously don't know there are over 200 countries of which

about 100 in the tropics and probably 50 of these tropical ones

are a good substitute for TH.

I have a pretty good girl here and a kid with her
but if I was deported once, I wouldn't come back here.

Deported and applying for ED visa?
Madness !

Curious as to your choices as good substitutes, as I'm returning in a few weeks hoping for a non exempt at bkk airport also..never have I arrived with a visa since 2018 and I return yearly....fingers crossed

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Have you not seen the biometrics fingerprinting system implemented?

Did you not get your fingerprints scanned when you tried to get in?

It is used to detect people who change their passports to evade their tainted history.

Those days of changing new passport are over as are visa/border runners.

Many people have been denied entry since July 2019 this year. Many people are leaving Thailand as a result of tougher immigration checks and modern AI.

Been coming here yearly since 2008, always one way. get visa stamp at bkk airport....am doing it again in 3 weeks but this time bought a RT tix so 120 days in LOS, left last year on dec 15 2018....how are my chances of 30 day stamp at bkk..extend at cnx....go to mae sai-burma for another 30 day and extend again in cnx--then back home?   in the current thai immig attitudes?

2 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

How do you know that the o/p doesn't have the means? The o/p could be loaded with money?

And it wouldn't matter to Thai immigration if he was either. The 'serial tourist in Thailand' is not a career path any more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

It is used to detect people who change their passports to evade their tainted history.

You've been reading too much into the local media hanging every recent immigration bust on the magical powers of 'biometrics'.

Biometrics is simply an enhanced system for personal identification. It makes the whole immigration process faster, including nabbing the bad apples.

38 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Curious as to your choices as good substitutes, as I'm returning in a few weeks hoping for a non exempt at bkk airport also..never have I arrived with a visa since 2018 and I return yearly....fingers crossed

People choose the devil they know because of fear.

https://www.fly4free.com/flights/flight-deals/europe/

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

He hasn't got a passport!

Yes he has, read the whole thread. The OP just got (or is getting) a new passport and new ED visa back in the UK before trying again.

Due to biometrics and the fact that the Thai Immigration database is exactly the same one that the US Immigration uses (they've just turned on some of the features as law enforcement databases and other data source come online), the new passport and new visa will be INSTANTLY linked to the last, failed effort.

Despite getting the new passport and visa, I still think BritTim's recommended plan of action (see post#2) still applies. From the UK, the OP should:

• Fly to Kuala Lumpur.
  • Fly Kuala Lumpur to Vientiane.
  • Enter Thailand via the Friendship Bridge to Nong Khai.
  • Travel from Hong Khai to your final destination, possibly using Udon Thani airport which is not far from Nong Khai.

Far less chance of getting the anal probe from Thai immigration coming that way. There are up to 28 daily flights from Udon (UTH) serving 5 destinations in Thailand including both Bangkok airports.

exUTH.jpg.fefa2b4be600a3de1ed8c7969e807ea5.jpg

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Im arriving in late nov to bkk...Last visit here was dec 2018

Never arrived with visa, always got exempt stamp for 30

If by chance they said NO in bkk Im booked on a flight to CNX from there few hours late

Wonder if I could somehow find my way to transfer to that flight and try immig when I arrive in cnx

Prob not...wishful thinking..thought there was some expedited service there..knew I should have flown into cnx....always some new hassle each time..evolving..but i suppose they put that warning stamp in there too

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

How do you know that the o/p doesn't have the means? The o/p could be loaded with money?

Wrong question. How do immigration at the border know the OP’s financial standing?

Anyone that wants to live long term in the country has to prove they have the appropriate means — at the right time and place — to receive a long term visa/stay permit. A long stay ‘tourist’ hasn’t done that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Im arriving in late nov to bkk...Last visit here was dec 2018

Never arrived with visa, always got exempt stamp for 30

I don’t see why you’d have a problem having been away for 11 months.

29 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

If by chance they said NO in bkk Im booked on a flight to CNX from there few hours late

Wonder if I could somehow find my way to transfer to that flight and try immig when I arrive in cnx

No. If denied at BKK you won’t be able to transfer to CNX.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

You realize that there is a difference between western countries and Thailand?

Western countries have a social security system which provides a better life even to illegal people than the life many Thai citizens have in Thailand. A Thai could also earn more money by working illegally in such a country than he could back home. So obviously they want to know that the person will return back to Thailand after their visit, because a Thai citizen might just decide to stay and enjoy the better life.

Thailand on the other side, doesn't provide anything in this regard, so somebody from a western country would return home if he doesn't have money anymore, there is no reason why this person would have to show any proof that he will return home.

Not to mention that in the western countries they don't restricts 95% of the jobs you could qualify for otherwise to only the local citizens.

These kinds of comparisons are quite unintelligent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1