Refused entry at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi from London Heathrow with visa - help returning

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

Im arriving in late nov to bkk...Last visit here was dec 2018

Never arrived with visa, always got exempt stamp for 30

If by chance they said NO in bkk Im booked on a flight to CNX from there few hours late

Wonder if I could somehow find my way to transfer to that flight and try immig when I arrive in cnx

Prob not...wishful thinking..thought there was some expedited service there..knew I should have flown into cnx....always some new hassle each time..evolving..but i suppose they put that warning stamp in there too

Oh boy. You don’t go through immigration on a domestic flight. If your history is exactly what you stated you will have zero problems entering BKK. If you forgot to mention you lived on back to back visa exempts or tourist visas before Dec 2018 then that is a different matter. 

14 hours ago, Timwin said:

You could live easily with less than $300 per month in Thailand. 

Thai's live with the families thus saving a lot of money. Tell me as a tourist how you would get by on 9000 baht a month please.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Far less chance of getting the anal probe from Thai immigration coming that way. There are up to 28 daily flights from Udon (UTH) serving 5 destinations in Thailand including both Bangkok airports.

Why go through all the indirect long routes? Wouldn't it be better to just fly from Kuala Lumpur to anywhere in Thailand?

If he is deported, and there is a high chance of that, he can fly back to Kuala Lumpur and not to UK.

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Wrong question. How do immigration at the border know the OP’s financial standing?

Anyone that wants to live long term in the country has to prove they have the appropriate means — at the right time and place — to receive a long term visa/stay permit. A long stay ‘tourist’ hasn’t done that.

So the IO should say 'wrong visa' not 'no appropriate means' to enter. Then the Thai embassies should not be issuing visas in first place.

• Like 2

Dont get a visa if you plan to stay less than 2 months. Easier that you just extend 1 month into 2 at immigration. 

8 years and had only visa first year and never had any problems.  Staying in Thailand about 5-6 months every year. Relax,  smile at immigration and dont be nervous 

• Like 1

Yes you will be refused and deported as one of my friends was... it is all their data files... Border checkpoints I don't know... if their computers are connected to the main Thai immigration servers... if it is you will be denied entry. Sorry

15 hours ago, Timwin said:

This is so laughable. The flight ticket from UK to Thailand costs more than the average junior immigration official starting salary or is close to it. Average Thai salary is only about 16000 Baht. So if the officials are able to live here how come tourists flying from Europe could not?! You could live easily with less than $300 per month in 

300$ for housing and food? 

This is called max. austerity

• Like 1

Was shocked to read this. Is this happening often and is it only restricted to younger travellers? I have 6 tourist visas in my passport + numerous other entries where my stay was less than 60 days so I didn't bother with a visa. I'm arriving direct from London December 4th for 87 days and planning to get tourist visa and extend. I'm travelling business class so maybe the VIP channels are a bit more relaxed? And I'm 59 so unlikely to be working there, and I own a condo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Timwin said:

This is so laughable. The flight ticket from UK to Thailand costs more than the average junior immigration official starting salary or is close to it. Average Thai salary is only about 16000 Baht. So if the officials are able to live here how come tourists flying from Europe could not?! You could live easily with less than $300 per month in Thailand. 

That's the point. $300 a month ?! Thai goverment don't want foreigners to live on $300 or less every month and they are right.. They want tourists with money they can spend.They don't want backpackers or low life old farangs who go after girls at their granddaughter's age or underage girls. Which is we all can see everywhere old farts with young girls next to them.

Think before you criticize what is your home country's immigration policies. Any EU countries or USA will allow low life people with no money or old fart child molesters into their soil just because they have a visa, $5000 in their vallet or right to have freedom of travel?

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sixlegs said:

Not to mention that in the western countries they don't restricts 95% of the jobs you could qualify for otherwise to only the local citizens.

These kinds of comparisons are quite unintelligent.

The part that is really unintelligent is that some people don't get the basic premise that 98% of the jobs that are reserved for locals are manual low paying jobs. Thailand doesn't need or want impoverished foreigners coming here to do those jobs, even if they are qualified to do low quality low incomes jobs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

So the IO should say 'wrong visa' not 'no appropriate means' to enter.

They can't because there is no law or regulation they can quote. So they use any other reason in section 12 that also applies. The IO's have been given discretionary power to decide when enough is enough.

If the authorities do set a limit in the future it helps no-one stay long term as a tourist. At the moment only a few get stopped, and they know the situation and that they are pushing their luck.

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

Then the Thai embassies should not be issuing visas in first place.

I agree. The problem is that many consulates exist purely to make money from selling visas. They don't seem to give a stuff about immigration policy. 

I think, with the advent of online applications, it won't be long until the system blocks people from applying for too many TR's.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marqus12 said:

Suggests studying Geography.

You obviously don't know there are over 200 countries of which

about 100 in the tropics and probably 50 of these tropical ones

are a good substitute for TH.

I have a pretty good girl here and a kid with her
but if I was deported once, I wouldn't come back here.

Deported and applying for ED visa?
Madness !

Talking about studying geography:

There's only 195 countries on the entire planet.....enuf said!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Timwin said:

This is so laughable. The flight ticket from UK to Thailand costs more than the average junior immigration official starting salary or is close to it. Average Thai salary is only about 16000 Baht. So if the officials are able to live here how come tourists flying from Europe could not?! You could live easily with less than $300 per month in Thailand. 

So you can live easily with less then $300 about 9000 baht ? In my mind that's not so easy having to pay rent , internet , your phone bill , food and drink , transport clothes ??? You talking about living here or do you mean holliday that's a while different story and even hollidaying on less then $300 a month is not possible if you want to enjoy yourself . 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

What happens to those refused on a tourist-visa entry if they have a wife and kids here? Same treatment?

Potentially yes. If they have a wife and or kids they should be using a Non-Immigrant Visa.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Timwin said:

Because you corrupt the minds of the locals 555

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

Ludicrous utterly ludicrous by this ever increasing Banana Republic

If the geezer is granted a tourist visa in the first place from a 1st Word Country than quite simply he should be let in (no dont come back with it doesn't guarantee entry)

Lunacy utter lunacy. When the Indians and Chinese disappear off to pastures new (and they will) this banana republic will be desperate to accept all the Europeans as possible

It does not matter if you have a visa or not, in every country in the world the I/O at the immigration desk at the arrival point has the power to decide if you can enter the country or not. That also includes your home country.

• Like 1

Unless you changed your name, date of birth and your finger prints, when your new passport is placed into the passport reader at whatever entry point that you use, your whole data record will be displayed on the I/O screen and it will be linked to your old passport as well. The big question that you might be asked is "Why do you have a new passport?" This will raise a red flag to any I/O at any check point.

• Like 1