BANGKOK

i have 2 month visa with 1 month extra, but they told me i have to fly out to get another month....is that true?

where to fly the cheapest?

i think i have single entry visa.....i used to have multiple entry visa and after 1 month i just tgo to immigration to get another month...why they changed that now?

• Confused 2

come on guys....i was thinking to fly to cambodia and immediately return, will i be granted another month?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, parafareno said:

i have 2 month visa with 1 month extra

Either you must have a visa for 60 days that you can extend another 30 days at an immigration office without leaving the country, or you will already have 2 exempt entries by land, and that´s why they tell you the third must by done by air.

• Like 2

OP your not getting advice because your op does not make sense. Only guessing but you saying they told you to fly out to reenter to obtain another 30 days sounds like you have used visa exempt entries. Only allowed 2 per calendar year at border crossing. I'm only guessing but sounds like you don't even have a visa

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Flying to do a visa run is risky these day. Better go with one of the minivan visa run company you can find on Google. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, parafareno said:

i have 2 month visa with 1 month extra, but they told me i have to fly out to get another month....is that true?

where to fly the cheapest?

i think i have single entry visa.....i used to have multiple entry visa and after 1 month i just tgo to immigration to get another month...why they changed that now?

At first you said you have a 2 month visa with one month extra, which sounds like a single entry tourist visa entry plus extension.

Then you said in the past you got one month plus an extension of one month. That sounds more like  a visa exempt entry.

somewhat confusing since you say the second was a multiple entry tourist visa.

As someone else said, it doesn't make much sense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, parafareno said:

come on guys....i was thinking to fly to cambodia and immediately return, will i be granted another month?

To be clear did you enter on a SETV? If so your entry grants you 60 days with the option to do a 30 day extension @immigration anywhere within Thailand. So I'm confused as to why the IO would say you have to fly back out. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, parafareno said:

On a separate note, I don't think that they allow you to fly in and out to Cambodia on the same day without an overnight stay.

At least that is the procedure with Air Asia when people try to do that via Siem Reap.

• Like 2

You can extend a 60 day single entry for more 30 days and the fee is 1900B (a week before 60 day is over, if they extend it) at immigration office. It will be 60+30=90 day with no exit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

On a separate note, I don't think that they allow you to fly in and out to Cambodia on the same day without an overnight stay.

At least that is the procedure with Air Asia when people try to do that via Siem Reap.

You cannot fly in and out of Siem Reap the same day. You are allowed a same day departure from Phmom Penh. Not very logical, but those are the rules.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, parafareno said:

As I understand it, you have spent significant time in Thailand on tourist entries. It is unclear the extent to which this has been with a visa, and the extent to which it has been visa exempt.

Regardless, if you fly out of Thailand, returning immediately or almost immediately for a 30-day visa exempt entry, whether you will be stamped into Thailand is at the discretion of the immigration official. Entering at Don Muang from Cambodia, it is quite likely that you will be denied entry, and returned either to Cambodia or your home country.

If returning to Thailand is important, plan to go to a consulate where you can apply for a tourist visa, and enter Thailand by land with your visa. We need exact information on your history of tourist visas to advise you on the best place to go for the visa. Do not use Cambodia.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 10:53 PM, parafareno said:

Parafareno, you need to be more clear in order to get meaningful response.
- Which is the type of Visa you presently have, and what is its validity date?  Or are you in Thailand on visa exempt and/or extension?

- What is your history of visiting Thailand over the last 2 years?  Visas, visa exempts, number of land-border crossings including dates/time spent.

- What are your plans for returning to Thailand? How long do you intend to stay after returning? 

Only then, will TVF members be able to give concrete answers without having to make guesses.

• Like 1

how to see what kind of visa i have?

It is just  stamp in my passport and a page...

i applied for tourist visa, single entry, so i got 2 months....

at airport the woman told me if I want extra 1 month i have to fly out of thailand and come back.....

I have not been in thailand for over 7 years now....so not thai stamps inside....

i used to apply for multiple visa, 7 years ago...so I stayed like 9 month...

first i extended at office in bankok not going to cambodia.....for 1 month.....after staying here for 2 months

then after i staye for 3 months, i had to travel to cambodia via bus so i got 2 months....then i extended for another month....and after i stayed 6 months i went to laos to get another 2 months.......

but now i wanted to stay only 3 months max....this time...so i applied for single entry...which i thought i can exntene at immigration office in bangkok....so i can stay total 3 months....

but the lady told me after 2 months you fly out and come back to get another month.....

so i am confused now....

Edited by parafareno
  • Haha 1