BANGKOK
webfact

Appeal for blood as National Blood Centre stocks run low

Appeal for blood as National Blood Centre stocks run low

bd.jpg

The National Blood Centre of the Thai Red Cross Society is appealing for blood donations from members of the public as blood reserves run low and fall short of demand.

Professor Dr. Chaivech Nutprayoon, assistant secretary-general of the Thai Red Cross Society and acting director of the National Blood Centre, said today that, since October 1st, blood reserves have diminished due to the decreasing number of donors, while demand blood from hospitals across the country increases.

Normally, the blood centre will receive 2,000-2,500 units of blood a day, but, of late the amount has fallen to an average of 1,500-1,700 units per day. Professor Chaivech said that the shortage is now affecting patients in several hospitals to the extent that, in some cases, doctors have had to postpone surgery due to the inadequate supply of blood, adding that children suffering from thalassemia and haemophilia need regular blood transfusions to survive.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/appeal-for-blood-as-national-blood-centre-stocks-run-low/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The National Blood Centre of the Thai Red Cross Society is appealing for blood donations from members of the public as blood reserves run low and fall short of demand.

Guessing they need Thai Blood.

Sorry, we Farangs only have regular, internationally accepted blood types.

A, B, AB and O

Good luck

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Haha 1

Maybe one of the brilliant ministers at TAT will think up something.

Maybe something like 

"Thailand Blood Tourism"

Targeting the Chinese and Indians, of course. Or, maybe just the Chinese in the Thais' case since they probably wouldn't prefer Indian blood.

Chinese Blood closer to Thai Blood, more compatible.

• Haha 1

Funny theres a shortage not long after they stuck swords through their cheeks. 

• Haha 1

should be able to mop up enough off the roads  daily

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, helloagain said:

I will give my blood to forienger for free, but if for a thai 5000 baht. Understand why i say that. Again not a troll post. YES not nice but thats what thry do to us. Goes around comes around. 

I wish I could like this 100 times

• Haha 1

When I retired to Thailand at 60 years of age I went to the hospital to donate blood, but they declined my offer I was to old. I had been donating blood 4 times a years since I went 18 and would have liked to continue, but not in Thailand, I did not expect anything in return, in my home country we get something to drink after, that can be water, coffee, a beer or a glass of wine. I was registered as an emergency donor and often they called before the 3 month had went.

To be safe it was not the hospitals rule I tried later more times to donate blood at places where The Red Cross or others were collecting, but I got rejected every time because of my age.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Dual pricing in government hospitals for foreigners for no other reason than Just Because? That's the last drop of blood you are ever having from me, then. Get stuffed.

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

I thought the Government had mastered squeezing blood out of a stone?

Could be, do they have 'turnips' in Thailand ?  Maybe time to create a new Hub. 😎

Anyone managed to give blood recently in Thailand, who lived more than five years in the UK or other European countries?

The Thai Red Cross have put into place a difficult set of requirements for an older person to satisfy before they are allowed to give blood and really make it almost impossible to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1