Appeal for blood as National Blood Centre stocks run low

webfact

On 10/24/2019 at 3:24 PM, Tropicalevo said:

I am surprised.

I was a regular blood donor in the UK and I have also been a regular blood donor here in Thailand for the last 20 years.

The local hospital has said that it will take my blood until I am 70 years old. (O neg.)

I still get the call now and then to donate to a foreigner after a nasty bike accident and once after a plane crash at the local airport.

I was surprised too I have 0 + 

Once in Greenland the hospital called in the middle of the night if I could come fast to the hospital and give blood, I answered that I had been to a party and were not sober, no problem they said the recipient is sure much more drunk than you, so I went and donated, but afterward when I drank my free beer the nurse came and said the man had died when they were giving him my blood, he had shot himself earlier in the evening.

On 10/24/2019 at 4:35 PM, leeneeds said:

Some bitter posts in this thread, and that is a sign you need to move on, 

A little blood given is a gift, well done all who have donated and continue to offer,

The bitterness is because the Thai Red Cross refuse to accept blood from over sixties unless they are existing donors.

After seeing an appeal for A-neg on here, I travelled to Bangkok, stayed overnight in a hotel and presented myself at the Red Cross. I was curtly refused and rudely shown the door.

So think in future before you criticise.

8 hours ago, rott said:

The bitterness is because the Thai Red Cross refuse to accept blood from over sixties unless they are existing donors.

After seeing an appeal for A-neg on here, I travelled to Bangkok, stayed overnight in a hotel and presented myself at the Red Cross. I was curtly refused and rudely shown the door.

So think in future before you criticise.

What twaddle

Archived