Marriage and visa to Spain

Hi im from and based in Spain and my tg lives in Thailand .We want to stay here in Spain so we are going to get marry there and ask for UE familiar visa which is easier than tourist one.Ive read a lot about this on many forums but theres different info.I think i know about documents , translations , legalization and that ...

My main question is more about how long could take all the process because of my job i think ill only can spend 3 weeks there as longer.

Thats enough time? Maybe if i come back before while she wait for the visa is posible or anybody knows other and better option? 

Thanx

So you intend that your girlfriend applies for a long stay visa (type D, immigration, long stay)? Traveling there, marrying and then applying for residency etc? The type D visas and there processing times are up to each member state. Some take 3 months, some members take 6 months to deal with immigration type visas. So it would be best to check with the Spanish immigration authorities for this. 

If you plan to get a short stay visa (type C) for the purpose of 'visiting friends/family', marrying in Spain, have her go back to Thailand and then do the immigration process later. Well, a type C generally can take up to 15 days to process. But in the case of additional paperwork or investigation being required it can take as much as 30 or even 60 days. 

The Schengen rules say:

--

Artículo 23

Decisión sobre la solicitud

1.   La decisión sobre las solicitudes se tomará en el plazo de 15 días naturales a partir de la fecha de presentación de una solicitud que sea admisible de conformidad con el artículo 19.

2.   Este plazo podrá ampliarse a un máximo de 30 días naturales en casos concretos, especialmente cuando sea necesario realizar un examen más detallado de la solicitud o en caso de una representación en la que se consulte a las autoridades del Estado miembro representado.

3.   Excepcionalmente, en aquellos casos específicos en que se precise documentación adicional, este plazo podrá ampliarse a un máximo de 60 días naturales.

4. (...)

---

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/es/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32009R0810&from=en

It depends on the purpose of your stay. If you will be staying at hotels (or a hostel, room for rent etc.) you will be regarded as a tourist/visitor. If you stay with friends or family overnight you will be 'visiting family or friends'.  So it's not the question of what is 'easier'  but which visa best suits your plans. 

Generally a Schengen visa type C (for either tourist or family/friends visit) takes 1-2 weeks. 15 days is the legal maximum if there are no complications (see article 23 in my reply above). 

1 hour ago, Donutz said:

It depends on the purpose of your stay. If you will be staying at hotels (or a hostel, room for rent etc.) you will be regarded as a tourist/visitor. If you stay with friends or family overnight you will be 'visiting family or friends'.  So it's not the question of what is 'easier'  but which visa best suits your plans. 

Thanks for your answer , the thing is we want stay in Spain .We still are not married so we are considerating  to get marry in Thailand and then come Spain or the other option is that she come as tourist and get marry here in Spain .
Because my job i cant stay in Thailand longer than 3 weeks so i dont know if thats enough time to get marry there and do evrything (my girldfriend could be wait for visa after i comeback Spain too) So this is why i told about the easiest way to do it .
Thanks a lot for your help

Archived