Pattaya: South Korean in a coma after savage knife attack - 400K left in car

webfact

Pattaya: South Korean in a coma after savage knife attack - 400K left in car

6pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News Archive

Thai media is reporting that at least three men were responsible for a knife attack on a South Korean man in a quiet section of Soi Talo, Pattaya in the early hours of this morning.

He was stabbed seventeen times yet 400,000 baht in cash was left on the dash of a BMW. 

A taxi driver was the first to come on the scene in a lane leading to a pig processing plant, said Pattaya News Archive (PNA).

Wichian, 33, saw a white BMW with red plates (new) with its back door open. A man covered in blood with his intestines hanging out was crying for help in a pool of blood in front of the vehicle. 

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News Archive

He called the police after regaining his composure. 

At 2 am Nong Prue investigators and tourist police found Park Jinhyung, 28, with 17 stab wounds. He was rushed to hospital and is said to be under medical supervision in a coma.

In the white BMW x5 they found blood stains on the back seat along with a glove and a bloodstained knife.

6pmTR.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

On the dashboard was a Mercedes Benz remote key and 400,000 baht. 

Those involved had not been interested in the money, Thai Rath said in their headline.

Police said it looked like a business conflict. They said that it looked as though there were at least three assailants. 

Later the girlfriend of the victim - Ampha, 31 - went to the hospital after being contacted by staff there. 

She said that all contact with her boyfriend had ceased after midnight.

She had no idea why this had happened. She said her boyfriend had no conflict with anyone. 

Investigations continue. 

Sources: Thai RathPicture: Pattaya News Archive

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-24

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, webfact said:

Later the girlfriend of the victim - Ampha, 31 - went to the hospital after being contacted by staff there. 

She said that all contact with her boyfriend had ceased after midnight.

She had no idea why this had happened. She said her boyfriend had no conflict with anyone. 

Well he had now,.... unfortunately, and all for the sake of greed from the dark via ambush..... my dearest condolences.....

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

She said her boyfriend had no conflict with anyone. ......Errrr !! Have I Got NEWS For YOU !!!!

There's always conflict with a Thai girlfriend unless you own a bank. Driving a BMW perhaps his girlfriend's "secret acquaintances" expected him to pay more. Let nobody kid themselves, it's always about money but not necessarily only money. Let this be a warning for those looking for a Thai darling. 

2 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Well he had now,.... unfortunately, and all for the sake of greed from the dark via ambush..... my dearest condolences.....

However fortunately there was 400,000 for immediate admission to hospital, a delay for upfront payment as is demanded in Thailand would have been tragic.

2 hours ago, Langkawee said:

Come to Thailand and get yourself a Thai girlfriend. It's the smartest thing in the World to do. 

1 hour ago, Langkawee said:

There's always conflict with a Thai girlfriend unless you own a bank. Driving a BMW perhaps his girlfriend's "secret acquaintances" expected him to pay more. Let nobody kid themselves, it's always about money but not necessarily only money. Let this be a warning for those looking for a Thai darling. 

I've had several Thai girlfriends over the years (have you?). Not one of their boyfriends/ husbands has tried to stab me.

Maybe I'm lucky....or maybe you're a fantasist.

18 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I've had several Thai girlfriends over the years (have you?). Not one of their boyfriends/ husbands has tried to stab me.

Maybe I'm lucky....or maybe you're a fantasist.

Is it the fart jokes that attract you to Thai women? If not what is the attraction? Obviously not everyone is stabbed. You are being ridiculous. Some are poisoned 555. Seriously the violence or murder generally are a result of expected payments not made. As long as expected payments are made you are very unlikely to come to harm. Feed the tiger well 555. But if the Thai husband doesn't know about the farang and is jealous and enraged its possible to end up like the Korean but killed in a far more subtle way that can be covered as suicide. If I was a gambling man this is a hit by the Korean mob. 

27 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Is it the fart jokes that attract you to Thai women? If not what is the attraction? Obviously not everyone is stabbed. You are being ridiculous. Some are poisoned 555. Seriously the violence or murder generally are a result of expected payments not made. As long as expected payments are made you are very unlikely to come to harm. Feed the tiger well 555. But if the Thai husband doesn't know about the farang and is jealous and enraged its possible to end up like the Korean but killed in a far more subtle way that can be covered as suicide. If I was a gambling man this is a hit by the Korean mob. 

I've lived here in Thailand 16 years and since my divorce in 2010 I've had more girlfriends than I can count and I have not had a problem with one single one and only a few have ever asked me for money. Maybe it's because I date only girls who have an education and a decent paying JOB and who don't need me to take care of them. 

Maybe you should stop dating hoes. 

3 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Me too. I dont think this has anything to do with his girlfriend. He's crossed Koreans to gain his wealth, BMW etc. Korea has a huge mob culture. 

I presume that the location mentioned in the OP is Soi Khao Talo, the soi with the greatest concentration of bars on the Darkside and close to my home. I frequent it regularly and only mentioned the other day the recent influx of young Korean men, throwing their money around in the local bars. Unusual for the darkside as you only normally see them in Walking Street.

Quite possibly a Korean drugs cartel living in the vicinity who've had an internal fallout. More likely to be traffikers than dealers though, judging by the cars they drive and the amount of money they throw around.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I agree with police, this was not a random attack, this S. Korean IMO is likely involved in something illegal 

Stabbed 17 times was a murder attempt that failed

Who said it faild? Has he woke up?

Archived