Yamaha MT-09 2018

Hi,

Selling my 2018 MT09, 13xxx km. First owner (have green book) and no accident. Lots of mods:
- Akrapovich Carbon full system exhaust.
- Hyper pro steering damper.
- CRG mirrors.
- Yamaha LED turn signals.
- Diablo Rosso corsa II tyres (less than 2k km and no track).
- ECU remap with program fit for exhaust (factory limits removed).

You can see the bike at BTS On Nut (no test drive but I can take you as a passenger).

Price : 280,000 (all original parts included).

Reason of selling: I need to buy a car.

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

So let me get this straight......

With sh ite exchange rates, times harder than they've been for a long long time - its pretty darn difficult to sell used bikes (unless its for nothing or you're offering 5 years credit) -  And you're saying "no test rides" .....

That would put me off immediately..

You're obviously from the deep southern part of planet Zogg .....

Why would you need a test ride on an obviously low mileage, mint, farkled, Jap bike in the middle of BKK?

A classic recently rebuilt '59 BSA Rocket Gold Star for 600k i understand, but an '18 MT09?

And 280k?

The thing is a <deleted>' bargain.

A steal.

If it was an XSR900 i would have already bought it.....

56 minutes ago, piston broke said:

So let me get this straight......

With sh ite exchange rates, times harder than they've been for a long long time - its pretty darn difficult to sell used bikes (unless its for nothing or you're offering 5 years credit) -  And you're saying "no test rides" .....

That would put me off immediately..

You're obviously from the deep southern part of planet Zogg .....

Geez.

Some people....

17 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Why would you need a test ride on an obviously low mileage, mint, farkled, Jap bike in the middle of BKK?

A classic recently rebuilt '59 BSA Rocket Gold Star for 600k i understand, but an '18 MT09?

And 280k?

A steal.

If it was an XSR900 i would have already bought it.....

Geez.

Some people....

A steal.

Agreed - too good to be true?... I can understand why the Op may not wish people to 'test ride' especially tyre kickers...  But I can also understand why an experienced rider would want to test ride himself. 

If I was in the market and serious about purchase - I'd want to test ride, I'd be happy leaving a large deposit.

Of course, the complexity of the issue is: When someone test rides your motorcycle or car, what happens if they have an accident?....  Tough luck? but what happens if they are such a <deleted> rider or are unfamiliar with a larger bike and then smash it?... I guess that's where the deposit comes in. 

Yes a test ride should be possible if the interested party have a valid Thai driver license and experience riding +500cc bikes, one must assume that the owner have class A on the bike? If not then it's understandable that the owner don't grant a ride unless the whole asking price is deposited in cash. 

When I was looking at a XSR900, the expat owner was happy to go on a ride with me after he first checked that I had a local bike license and he could feel that I was an experienced big bike rider. So we went on a app 45min ride, me on the XSR900 and him on his Tracer900. Needless to say I bought the bike as I was smiling from ear to ear when we got back to his house. 

280k baht is a fair price I would say, 2nd big bike prices has dropped like a stone over the last 2-3 years.

Richard_smith; what was you waiting on man, go and check it out!

Morning,

for some reason didn't get notified when people replies here. So let me explain the "no test ride" thing, 2 reasons:

- a few BMW got stolen recently with test rides (I guess it was Thai not farang driver).

- how do I know the driver is experienced enough to ride this bike ? (even me at the beginning I wasn't confident driving this bike).

But yeah, obviously if there is a large deposit amount and a passeport is given to me, test ride is possible. Anyway the bike has been serviced at Yamaha (1000, 5000, 10000km) and works perfectly.

Regarding the price, I already put my lowest price, I'm not in a rush to sell so I won't go under. And frankly, the longer I have the bike the better, I'll miss it very much. 

On 10/25/2019 at 8:50 PM, thaiguzzi said:

Burnt out clutch for a start. Three or four decent starts at the drags or just in drag mode can have a clutch nice and slippery. Often just pulling casually off the line will not demonstrate the slip. Very common for sport bike engines and sport bike derived engines.

Warped discs, runout on rims. At 13k on the clock, at least one set of tyres would be gone through. Those tyres look new. Who changed them?

Are the fork seals good or have they started weeping from too many monos with hard landings? Often you can see weeping from just holding the front brake and compression the forks - but not always.

If by farkled you mean additions, that always puts doubt in my mind. Who did the work? Can they use a torque wrench?

I'd also want to see the condition of the air cleaner to make sure hacking of the air box hasn't been done. Too many people (and not saying this seller is in anyway) who buy anodised aftermarket bracketry, crappery and the like - steering dampers included are also of the ilk to look on the net and change, modify, or cut input stacks, or otherwise cut out air boxes because someone says it sounds 'cool'.

Plenty of very, very, valid reasons to test ride and correctly inspect a bike of this ilk.

18 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Warped discs, runout on rims.

Yeah, bring your DTI and mag stand...

On 10/24/2019 at 1:38 PM, Dewey said:

- Diablo Rosso corsa II tyres (less than 2k km and no track).

At 13k on the clock, at least one set of tyres would be gone through. Those tyres look new. Who changed them?

Jesus wept.

Paranoia? No not me Guv.

I'd also want to see the condition of the air cleaner to make sure hacking of the air box hasn't been done.

Most owners who would get asked this question would have a simple, not very pleasant answer, prolly two words beginning with F & O.

Yeah right, i'm going to disconnect my fuel line, remove my tank, and open my airbox lid to show you the air filter.

Unbelievable!

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

SOLD

In less than a week.

Well done.

Looked a bargain to me.

11 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus wept.

Paranoia? No not me Guv.

Most owners who would get asked this question would have a simple, not very pleasant answer, prolly two words beginning with F & O.

Yeah right, i'm going to disconnect my fuel line, remove my tank, and open my airbox lid to show you the air filter.

Unbelievable!

In less than a week.

Well done.

Looked a bargain to me.

Don't waste your time answering trolls, that's what they are looking for...

Anyway bike sold in less than a week, the new owner (Thai) just bought a well maintained awesome bike and that's what matter ! 

5 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Unbelievable!

I notice as always you cherry pick your responses. Decided you didn't have a get out excuse for the clutch and the fork seals so just ignored that?

All I can conclude is that again you were wrong so you take pot shots at the periphery in attempt to deflect. It is really is quite sad to read.

Jesus wept.

Paranoia? No not me Guv.

2k is not a new tyre. They look like they have just been replaced. Why is it so hard for you to understand simple concepts?

Yes, right, I'll just carry that stand on my bike, shall I?

Yeah right, i'm going to disconnect my fuel line, remove my tank, and open my airbox lid to show you the air filter

And right there is a comment that shows you really are a a little wayward on this topic. there hasn't been a need to remove tanks or disconnect on a lot (not all) modern bikes for over 20 years.

The work on a simple hinge and much like a car's hood they come with a bracket to hold up the tank. And I know what you will say next, but no I am not referring to a specific model - just speaking generally.

If the owner does not ant to show that or any piggy back module they may have, then that is their prerogative. It's generally a buyer's market.

4 hours ago, Dewey said:

Don't waste your time answering trolls, that's what they are looking for...

Troll, eh? What educating people so they don't make mistakes I have seen others make in the past?

I'm happy for you, you sold your bike. But your troll line is a little sad to see. I hope you don't get taken for a ride with your next vehicle purchase. The person you buy from, new or used - may not be as genuine as you.

1 hour ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Troll, eh? What educating people so they don't make mistakes I have seen others make in the past?

I'm happy for you, you sold your bike. But your troll line is a little sad to see. I hope you don't get taken for a ride with your next vehicle purchase. The person you buy from, new or used - may not be as genuine as you.

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind when I'll go buy my brand new Mazda 3 at the dealership, it might be a fake one...

Admin, please close this topic, bike is sold, thanks.

10 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Shame is it closing. I am keen to see how Guzzi works a miracle by checking a slipping clutch on a high horsepower bike without riding it.

Instead of whinging, educate us, Guzzi.

Did you have  any intention of buying this bike ??????why are you so concerned to the point of arguing about how some one chooses to sell/advertise there bike,which is stated as a new model with full service history and known to be a problem free model?.....

42 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Did you have  any intention of buying this bike ??????why are you so concerned to the point of arguing about how some one chooses to sell/advertise there bike,which is stated as a new model with full service history and known to be a problem free model?.....

Because some people have nothing better to do so they are killing time on thaivisa ????

Archived