BANGKOK
Elzear

How to live with Isaan wife in respect of culture

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Happy you are happy!

Show respect, you will receive respect. Will have friend. 

How can people marry and not know the family name? 

Where in issan you live?

11 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

What advantage of marrying her?

what u like about living in Isarn and with her family?

Phon Charoen

What does the Thai family like about living with you??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sure you can score a few points if you will try BBQ rat, raw pork and beef, bha lah, oh and the stir fried bugs are always a treat. Oh and don't forget to have a few shots Lhao kao with water chasers, ice in the beer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, amykat said:

Money, Money  more money...…….

• Haha 2

Just now, amykat said:

What would any family like about living with someone who is polite, caring, thoughtful and respectful?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elzear said:

I like the collective type of life, the sharing and support of each other. I like their strength and their positive attitude in their daily struggle. I like their hospitality and their welcoming smile. I believe in their good heartedness. I have travelled a fair bit in my life, from the comforts of embassy life to the ruggedness of sleeping under porches. Everywhere I went, on all continents, it was the poorest of the poorest who kept me going. This is what I find in Isaan. And if I can give back to a family what so many gave me, I’l’ be content. As to why Isaan ? because it happened to be there at this time of my life. I don’t look for advantages. It would be counterproductive. I let life provide those in due time. 

Well, if it's the poorest of the poor you like...…….welcome son.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elzear said:

the indigenous mind needs some understanding.

Understanding that there is often a different way of looking at things is a very good start... I have been part of a Thai country family for near 20 years now... they assumed good things right from the start and we have always gotten along well. You can start with some of the simple basics... be polite, be helpful in some ways as you can - - yes, they see this! - of course, don't be condescending.. 

This is a very expansive topic but be respectful and keep your eyes open - - it has been an incredibly wonderful experience for me to be a cog in a very large and functional family, and as time passes and you experience life together as a family, being there when loved ones are not well, or emergencies... it creates a bond that is amazing and rewarding in ways you might not expect... 

best of luck to you... 

So from what I just researched, men give Japanese wives their paycheck and it's the man that gets the allowance. Always been up to different lifestyles but would have to draw the line on that one lol..

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

Understanding that there is often a different way of looking at things is a very good start... I have been part of a Thai country family for near 20 years now... they assumed good things right from the start and we have always gotten along well. You can start with some of the simple basics... be polite, be helpful in some ways as you can - - yes, they see this! - of course, don't be condescending.. 

This is a very expansive topic but be respectful and keep your eyes open - - it has been an incredibly wonderful experience for me to be a cog in a very large and functional family, and as time passes and you experience life together as a family, being there when loved ones are not well, or emergencies... it creates a bond that is amazing and rewarding in ways you might not expect... 

best of luck to you... 

Thank you. You put balm in my heart and I do look forward to this rich yet simple life. Thank you 😌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Elzear said:

I like the collective type of life, the sharing and support of each other. I like their strength and their positive attitude in their daily struggle. I like their hospitality and their welcoming smile. I believe in their good heartedness. I have travelled a fair bit in my life, from the comforts of embassy life to the ruggedness of sleeping under porches. Everywhere I went, on all continents, it was the poorest of the poorest who kept me going. This is what I find in Isaan. And if I can give back to a family what so many gave me, I’l’ be content. As to why Isaan ? because it happened to be there at this time of my life. I don’t look for advantages. It would be counterproductive. I let life provide those in due time. 

Sounds to me like you are doing terrific... congratulations - I only wish more people would come here with this type of attitude!!! My family was also of the poorest in the village and we have turned that around. It only gets better through time. 

• Like 2