Jump to content

How to live with Isaan wife in respect of culture


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

 

You lost money your divorce right? To caucasion guy right?

 

Sound like you want him to fail. 

i wish him good luck and happy life.

One life, be happy one.

OMG, quite the opposite, I think he could be vulnerable and I want him to succeed and not get taken advantage of.  See how Thais and Westerners think totally opposite and misunderstandings occur all the time????????

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My simple advice is to reserve any and all criticism/feedback to be between you and your wife. In other words, if the brother did something you feel needs to be addressed, politely tell your wife and

I only advise is to leave money in your budget for an escape. Not to be a gloomy gus, but some guys do go overboard in their golden years and over extend themselves.  And, And I highly recommend you h

There are no general rules. It depends of the girl and her family. My wife is from Isaan too, Amnat Charoen. I met her in Germany when she visited her best friend who is married with a German. She got

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Elzear said:

 

And what are you trying to say ? Do not mix with the natives, don’t feed the birds, go back to where you come from ? And what if, in their own world, they are happy for some difference ? I have talked to many people who’s languages I didn’t know, through signs, expressions, mimics, and the result when we understand each other is laughter and happiness. No need to have lengthy debates. Just present day chats. The rest follows

Your attitude and story is very refreshing and very positive.  You will enjoy your life here

Regards

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, amykat said:

This is Yinn trying to misdirect you with smoke and mirrors, and also make everything the foreigner’s fault.

What i say his “fault” ?

where? 

 

 

1 minute ago, amykat said:

 Most Thais are very prejudiced against Issan people,

 

Hmmmm. Sound like you prejudiced against Issan people.

and thai people, especially thai woman. 

You live USA right?

 

1 minute ago, amykat said:

 

but she is happy if farangs marry the poorest Issan people.  

If happy why not? You marry rich guy or poor guy before? 

 

 

1 minute ago, amykat said:

 

Then she elevated them above you ...it will be your fault if there is a divorce due to your bad attitude.

My fault for divorce? 55555555

 

 

1 minute ago, amykat said:

 

Not due to the many, many problems we have seen/experienced/read about plaguing many poor families, the lack of education, the differences in thinking, etc.

I think most people happy. Depend the attitude.

Some people have money, but not happy right?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RedPill said:

It's kind of funny ...  it all reminds me, it's 15 years ago I was reading all of this in that book and people are still discussing the same things and topics as of today ...

 

I guess it's the never ending story and circle of Thai / Farang relationships 😉

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 3.15.30 PM.png

Nothing new under the sun, or in LOS. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, amykat said:

Most Thais are very prejudiced against Issan people, but she is happy if farangs marry the poorest Issan people.  Then she elevated them above you ...it will be your fault if there is a divorce due to your bad attitude.

lol, never take relationship advise from a woman 😉

 

You are right, I also have see this before with a girl. Got University degree, but didn't want to work for money. 

 

Many times I could sense in her talk that she definitely looked down to Isaan people (she came from somewhere up North, Phitsanulok)

 

One time we had a beer in a pub and she asked the waitress how much she get's. She answered 7k per month.

 

Oh that's very good, her response. I looked at her in disbelieve and said you are crazy, you spend this without a blink or any care in the world in 2-3 days, and that with other peoples money, since you don't work!

 

-> "Yeah, but she has no education! So 7k is a good salary for these people" 

 

Really, wannabie Thai hi-so's b1tch. Run when you see them 5555

 

Education definitely has a high valued and a defined place in Thai society and the ones who got it, as lazy and as much of a rotten personality they have, they look down on fellow Thai's without education, specifically Isaan. No doubt about it.

 

 

 

 

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SteveK said:

This mindset is not unique to Thailand.

But the difference in classes here weight much more!

 

Similar to when I want to drive a Mercedes back home, I call a taxi.

 

Here it's top end of high society ... and the uneducated, or lower class, don't know how much deeper they have to bow down in front of them. 

 

Edited by RedPill
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, amykat said:

OMG, quite the opposite, I think he could be vulnerable and I want him to succeed and not get taken advantage of.  See how Thais and Westerners think totally opposite and misunderstandings occur all the time????????

Yes, but you're playing away from home.

 

And already losing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:
48 minutes ago, RedPill said:

It's kind of funny ...  it all reminds me, it's 15 years ago I was reading all of this in that book and people are still discussing the same things and topics as of today ...

 

I guess it's the never ending story and circle of Thai / Farang relationships 😉

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 3.15.30 PM.png

Nothing new under the sun, or in LOS. 

Cue the 'Private Dancer' reading recommendation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, RedPill said:

 

Many times I could sense in her talk that she definitely looked down to Isaan people (she came from somewhere up North, Phitsanulok)

What she think about south people?

 

 

6 minutes ago, RedPill said:

One time we had a beer in a pub and she asked the waitress how much she get's. She answered 7k per month.

 

Oh that's very good, her response. I looked at her in disbelieve and said you are crazy, you spend this without a blink or any care in the world in 2-3 days, and that with other peoples money, since you don't work!

How she have money if not work????

 

6 minutes ago, RedPill said:

 

-> "Yeah, but she has no education! So 7k is a good salary for these people" 

A bit low. Normal for job like that one.

 

6 minutes ago, RedPill said:

 

Really, wannabie Thai hi-so's b1tch. Run when you see them 5555

 

Education definitely has a high valued and a defined place in Thai society and the ones who got it, as lazy and as much of a rotten personality they have,

 

 

All uni grad is like that?????? 

 

 

6 minutes ago, RedPill said:

 

they look down on fellow Thai's without education, specifically Isaan. No doubt about it.

 

You do know many Issan people have high education right? 

Mahasarakam and Khon Kaen big university. Engineer, doctor, lawyer etc

 

So you theory. Does the Issan uni graduate “look down” on central person only finish Matayom.

Do they look down on each other? 55555

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...