BANGKOK
147bluedog

Thai consulates in the UK will be closing ??

Spoke to official at Cardiff consulate who told me that the consulates were indeed going and that a new online visa system would eventually transpire. I doubt  he would be making it all up, what would be the point.

My apologies. Prob not closing consulates altogether but stopping the issuing of visas by appointment or otherwise.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So if that's the case I might just get one non-O SE from the consulate, before the system is in a state of flux again. Quite sad news.

Now will we have to guess what the new system will require second half of next year.....

1 hour ago, 147bluedog said:

Spoke to official at Cardiff consulate who told me that the consulates were indeed going and that a new online visa system would eventually transpire. I doubt  he would be making it all up, what would be the point.

Who is Mr. Bloo? Curious to know...

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be surprised, Glasgow has 1 lady working there who is very close to retirement
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 6:12 PM, 147bluedog said:

Apparently all the Thai consulates in the UK will be closing

All 3 of them!

• Haha 2

So what happens to all the other consulate services they supply such as Thai passport renewals? This is not the UK Thai Embassy so I would expect a more responsible approach!

58 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

So what happens to all the other consulate services they supply such as Thai passport renewals? This is not the UK Thai Embassy so I would expect a more responsible approach!

They cannot renew The passport issue ID cards and etc. They are all honorary Thai consulates.

About all the can do is issue visas and offer limited notary services.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 9:15 PM, UKresonant said:

So if that's the case I might just get one non-O SE from the consulate, before the system is in a state of flux again. Quite sad news.

Now will we have to guess what the new system will require second half of next year.....

Once figuring out the quirks and misinfo. on the new online system it was very easy to get a non-O single entry based on retirement by post in September.