Thai consulates in the UK will be closing ??

So if that's the case I might just get one non-O SE from the consulate, before the system is in a state of flux again. Quite sad news.

Now will we have to guess what the new system will require second half of next year.....

1 hour ago, 147bluedog said:

Spoke to official at Cardiff consulate who told me that the consulates were indeed going and that a new online visa system would eventually transpire. I doubt  he would be making it all up, what would be the point.

Who is Mr. Bloo? Curious to know...

• Haha 1

Spoke to official at Cardiff consulate who told me that the consulates were indeed going and that a new online visa system would eventually transpire. I doubt  he would be making it all up, what would be the point.
I wouldn't be surprised, Glasgow has 1 lady working there who is very close to retirement
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

So what happens to all the other consulate services they supply such as Thai passport renewals? This is not the UK Thai Embassy so I would expect a more responsible approach!

They cannot renew The passport issue ID cards and etc. They are all honorary Thai consulates.

About all the can do is issue visas and offer limited notary services.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 9:15 PM, UKresonant said:

So if that's the case I might just get one non-O SE from the consulate, before the system is in a state of flux again. Quite sad news.

Now will we have to guess what the new system will require second half of next year.....

Once figuring out the quirks and misinfo. on the new online system it was very easy to get a non-O single entry based on retirement by post in September.

1 hour ago, William C F Pierce said:

Which 3 out of Birmingham, Cardiff, Liverpool, Hull and Glasgow. Not sure if there is one in Belfast.

Birmingham has been defunct for years now. There is no consulate in Belfast, but the Dublin consulate comes under London, so (although not actually part of the UK) might be affected.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Once figuring out the quirks and misinfo. on the new online system it was very easy to get a non-O single entry based on retirement by post in September.

Please, publish a "How To" Blog.
P.S. Apologies, I've just seen an excellent post by Senior Player

Edited by Alidiver

• 4 months later...
On 10/26/2019 at 4:39 PM, William C F Pierce said:

Which 3 out of Birmingham, Cardiff, Liverpool, Hull and Glasgow. Not sure if there is one in Belfast.

Birmingham has long gone, none in Belfast one in Dublin and another in Gibraltar