Recent info on Sadao crossing to get tourist exemption stamp

We're planning to cross into Thailand from Malaysia at Sadao to get a 30 day tourist exemption stamp next month. Has anyone crossed over in the last 3 months ? Do we just need 10,000 B each ?

I'm a UK national and my boyfriend's Dutch. We were last in Thailand on SETVs from November 2018- April 2019. We have 6 SETVs in our passports and we got a blue stamp in Vientiane in January 2019 when we got our last SETV so we're not going to try for a SETV in Penang. Instead the plan is to get a tourist exemption stamp, extend that and then get another tourist exemption stamp in January in Mae Sai and extend that so we can stay for 4 months. We can see about getting new passports further down the line.

Any recent info on the Sadao crossing would be great and what we need for a tourist exemption stamp crossing [and not for a SETV crossing ]. Thanks.

if have not done 2 visa exempt entries at a land border crossing you should not have a problem.

Be prepared to stay overnight in Malaysia since Sadao often requires that and often ask to show at least the equivalent of 10k baht in cash.

Crossed Sadao yesterday . Have a lot of METV‘S . 2min blabla, how long I want to stay and I passed. I didn’t have to show any funds, but always carry the 20k Baht with me. The IO said i just can enter twice per year by land. I corrected him then that this is just for exempts.