Denied Tourist Visa at Both Vientienne and Savannakhet - Told 3-6 Months Max Stay in Thailand Rules Now in Effect

I think with your history, or relative lack thereof as it were, you would have no trouble to get a SETV in Vietnam. Personally I'd prefer Hanoi over HCMC, but with no previous tourist visa in your passport, I'm quite sure that HCMC would issue one as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExFarang said:

The irony is that I really don't work in Thailand, am an actual tourist, and the only reason I came back to begin with was to get a bunch of medical stuff done that is typically cheaper here

Here? So where are you?

• Thanks 1

TBH, I was mostly just hanging out and doing the medical stuff. I was planning on finishing up with that and then doing the more touristy stuff after because it's been rainy season -not the best time to hit the beaches in Phuket in case you didn't know. But definitely had that in mind to do.
Out of interest what was the medical stuff you did?
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Just wondering which of these quotes is correct as there appears to be a discrepancy.

You would have to be more specific. Got maybe 1 hour of sleep on the VIP (haha ok) bus from Viet to SK so I am exhausted. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ExFarang said:

Stuck in Savannakhet

You seem to like busses. There are busses from Savannakhet to Vietnam (and there's a Vietnamese consulate in Savannakhet in case you need a visa for Vietnam), where you could try to apply for a Thai tourist visa. You aren't stuck, but you probably cannot stay in Laos for much longer (two more weeks?).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Been here 20 years, never met an IO that told me I'm not welcome to stay.

seconded. my wife has said to me multiple times that she has never heard anyone say westerners are not welcome & she has IO friends in the local office too

tin foil hat <deleted>

3 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Yet

won't be holding my breath x

• Like 2

A copy of the order and where it came from may have be informative.

So if you have a tourist Visa, stay 59 days, return to home country for say 62 Days, and repeat,how does this new unpublished rule affect that pattern? ???? 

• Haha 1