New TAT drive: Visitors from Eastern Europe and Central Asia "will pay more"

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, webfact said:

For years people from western countries have claimed they are the big spenders

Seems they just made this up- people from western countries don’t brag about how much they spend on holidays-they just have fun, usually somewhat responsibly within their budgets.  This just shows the current attitude toward westerners-why would they claim they spend more, and what department do they claim this to ????

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Make visa problems go away and let anyone who want to come and hasn't got any problematic criminal or blacklisted background, let bars and entertainment venue open all hours of the day cut out all the nonsense of not allowed to do this and that and your tourists numbers will go up by 50% at least...

Too true,it's simple,the reason why the bulk of tourists came here before.

Oh,and legalise Marijuana for personal use,while they're at it,then you're on a winner!

18 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

.... so they are following the Chinese then

No, just the opposite. The bozos at TAT are spouting nonsense about getting people from wherever to come to Thailand and spend lots of money. The Chinese are bringing huge amounts of money (and people) into Africa, investing into infrastructure projects, resource extraction, and food production. The Chinese are definitely not trying to encourage large numbers of Africans to holiday in China. Whether being in debt and beholden to the Chinese will actually benefit the African nations in the long run is another story. I am doubtful.

8 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Sure, Ukraine is known as the richest country on the european continent, followed by Moldavia and Belarus.

This all makes sense, thats also why you have to woo them with a <deleted>ty discount or a free visa, because they are so rich.

I'm sure they were referring to tourists from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Hungary whose economies have soared this last decade. Friends in the Czech Republic love coming to the Thai islands on holiday - and it is very cheap for them.

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

A more accurate taste of what Thailand can offer would be a goodie bag containing plastic refuse, used condoms, mixed in a little sewage water to represent the beach, along with a special nose inhaler with the essence of open drains. Also a leaflet on how to pay a policeman, a tout, and a special calculator that automatically works out the foreign entrance fees to national parks, etc. Not forgetting a price list from hospitals with the tier charges clearly outlined in several languages........sarcasm mode engaged by the way.....

You forgot the jet skis

2 hours ago, Redline said:

Seems they just made this up- people from western countries don’t brag about how much they spend on holidays-they just have fun, usually somewhat responsibly within their budgets.  This just shows the current attitude toward westerners-why would they claim they spend more, and what department do they claim this to ????

Those two bob,sorry two week millionaires have got a lot to answer for.

...still not got it right with visas...insurance...etc....

...yet will not 'settle for' 30 million visitors a year.....???

...I guess 'fixing things right'...to begin with...is out of the question....???

....and casting 'westerners' in an unfavorable light.....all of 50 years later.....???

...after what they have been through....and continue to go through...to this day....???

....'gratitude' is a foreign word to them....???

...just asking....

9 hours ago, Peterbilt said:

Well, its not really the bottom of the barrel now, since there's a whole continent left: Africa
So TAT, after luring the millionaires from China and India, the billionaires from the Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Aghanistan to Thailand, you should focus on the trillionaires from Congo, Burkina Faso, Togo, etc......
With an expansion into the african market Thailand will reach 100 million premium quality tourists per year pretty soon.

Gets my vote for best post of the year...????????????

A report on a tourism trade fair in Singapore by TNA suggested that tourists from eastern Europe and Central Asia would pay more than those from existing markets. 

And a story from India indicates visitors from the sub-continent are being wooed with special promotions to visit Thailand.

Eastern Europe? Are they really talking about Polish people and all the people from ex- Russian occupied countries that now belong to Europe where people make much less money? 

You've gotta be kidding. They don't even know where these countries are, nor do they know the people's' income. 

I've lost my interest in reading such news. Polish professors were picking grapes at German grapeyards not too long ago and I'm just wondering why?

Eddie, are you kidding, I saw you on the TV.....call it connect, call it collect, but call it today. 

8 hours ago, hansnl said:

Tourists, in general, don't come to sit in alcoholic stupor all the time.

I wonder why the main tourist venues such as Pattaya and Phuket are full of bars....the tourist of old did but have moved on to pastures and drinking holes new. The tourist of today just gos around in coaches visiting gardens, malls and temples..

Wow that's genius, free coconuts and a 800thb voucher, that's so cool why other country's can't be so smart. I'm realy happy and locking forward to see more potential rich customer comming to Thailand, business will rise up to a totally new level thanks to TAT. 

It is not easy to understand thai brains for rational people. They want to promote tourism and attract people with money. In same time they put to prison visitors who comes to Thailand many times. This is one of the group people who can afford to travel often and of course to spend the money.

In same time try to attract indians and eastern europens majority of those like to eat in seven eleven. Where is the logic.

They think that to put people to prison without a reasons will not scare the tourists. Will not make them feel that immigration police abuse people rights and make them not feel disgusted about a Thailand.

On many travel site have already information about that chances to come inside Thailand depend much on mood of thai immigration officer. God mood you are welcome. Fight with his wife or husband which mean bad mood ,, put people to jail in airport then send them back to their country. People who are no criminals and have valid visa.

What a good way to improve tourism and hospitality

" One such incentive is an 800 baht Central gift voucher for three travellers to enjoy "

Oh wow, they such big spenders why you need give them money to come !

Indian and thai culture really not a great mix, they clash worse than with cambodians lol .

16 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Sure, Ukraine is known as the richest country on the european continent, followed by Moldavia and Belarus.

This all makes sense, thats also why you have to woo them with a <deleted>ty discount or a free visa, because they are so rich.

Invite people from eastern Europe, the history of these people is not good when we look back at the carnage and crime.

Indians are well known to be very cautious spenders, I drove tour buses I know how tourists spend.

Chinese will not contribute to the general economy only to the wealthy Chinese Thai bussiness / hotels /restaurants.

I do not see Thai airways picking up on the trade, China will use their own airlines.

Just what Thailand needs invite organised criminals into LOS from eastern Europe, you can not stop them blending in with the honest tourists.

The Indians are good people but very frugal, they won't spend up, nor will the Chinese.

Maybe all the empty condos down the coast from Cha Amm can be sold to Chinese from Hong Kong to retire on the beach.

I wondered what was going to happen to them.

16 hours ago, Peterbilt said:

With an expansion into the african market Thailand will reach 100 million premium quality tourists per year pretty soon.

Just imagine the take up if TAT invited the Africans to come to Thailand to get a close up on how their respective scams are progressing 

20 hours ago, PatOngo said:
21 hours ago, webfact said:

One such incentive is an 800 baht Central gift voucher for three travellers to enjoy.

Overwhelming generosity, that's 2,400 that could have aided in the rescue of Thai Airways!

I think that 800 baht is shared three ways. Indians love to share, just as the bargirls. LOL

15 hours ago, maprao said:

Good bottle of wine of drinkable wine in Spain 5 Euros

Thailand  20 Euros plus????????????????

Thailand doesn't want you drinking affordable Spanish or any other nations wine so they tax the hell out of it, they tell the EU only half the story that we import it to keep so called fair trade going.

They want you to drink their <deleted> Thai beer with little other choice to keep the Thai family monopoly happy!

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Thailand doesn't want you drinking affordable Spanish or any other nations wine so they tax the hell out of it, they tell the EU only half the story that we import it to keep so called fair trade going.

They want you to drink their <deleted> Thai beer with little other choice to keep the Thai family monopoly happy!

Do you know how silly all you guys sound whining about the price of wine? Or booze in general?

You drink it in. You p i s s it out. Hell I got ripped on a few whacks from the Ya Dong lady on the corner. 30 baht.

22 hours ago, Peterbilt said:

you should focus on the trillionaires from Congo, Burkina Faso, Togo, etc......

and a free tube of whitening cream at the airport. ????

Archived