Dutch thief arrested on Samui for "GoPro" theft on Koh Tao

rooster59

Dutch thief arrested on Samui for "GoPro" theft on Koh Tao

หนุ่มดัช.jpg

Image: INN News

Immigration police on Koh Samui arrested a man from the Netherlands after he stole a 12,000 baht GoPro Hero 7 and related equipment from a shop on Koh Tao. 

Ratthawit, the owner of Koh Tao Telecom, reported the theft to police on 8th October.

Local police contacted immigration who with the help of biometrics technology traced the suspect to Nit Bungalow on Samui where the stolen item was found concealed under a staircase. 

INN reported that the suspect would be taken back to Koh Tao for prosecution. 

The suspect was named on a vinyl board that depicted the crime, his getaway from Koh Tao and subsequent arrest.

Source: INN News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-26

8 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

with the help of biometrics technology traced the suspect to Nit Bungalow

Damn it, now bungalow resorts on Samui require you to scan your finger prints at check in !!!!

That vinyl board is a master piece too, just look how the yellow arrows cleverly link his movements..

Criminals have no chance these days, well real ones do, just not foreign petty ones....

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Local police contacted immigration who with the help of biometrics technology traced the suspect

I was trying to work out how they caught him "with the help of biometrics technology" - was it through a photo on the shop CCTV?

I couldn't see how else they could identify him - unless he left his fingerprints in the shop and the local police spotted that?

11 minutes ago, CLS said:

Is shoplifting a reason for arrest?

It is enough for a photo with the 5 police officers involved in solving this crime.

enough for a vinyl board

and the crime is serious enough that they need someone with a microphone and pointer to make a video of it.

Is this xenophobia?  Trying to prove how bad foreigners are?

Where I come from they could put you in jail for the night. But probably you will be outside in a couple of hours. And it is certainly not a reason for a press conference

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The suspect was named on a vinyl board that depicted the crime, his getaway from Koh Tao and subsequent arrest.

Poster boy in his element again... I do hope the used posters are recycled into tote bags... he gets through enough to offer the CP chain a solution to check-out plastic bags.

"Local police contacted immigration who with the help of biometrics technology traced the suspect to Nit Bungalow on Samui"

I guess this sophisticated biometrics technology was a simple picture of this guy since the shop had a video camera. 

17 hours ago, Beggar said:

"Local police contacted immigration who with the help of biometrics technology traced the suspect to Nit Bungalow on Samui"

I guess this sophisticated biometrics technology was a simple picture of this guy since the shop had a video camera. 

I am wondering if they have an automatic system for recognizing photos.

This biometrics system sounds so innocent. But I once saw that with face recognition and a camera system they could follow people when walking through a city. They could draw a map of places 1 person visited.

Connect that with the info immigration has with photos and names.  

Soon, security personnel and police can follow you on a monitor when you walk on the street  with the expiration date of your visa on the screen.

Archived