Pattaya: Where are the toilets? Farangs caught urinating in the sea - but Thais blame the authorities

rooster59

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I carry a pack of diapers in my motorbike for such situations.

So you take off your shorts/trousers and then your pants in public (showing your bits and pieces to all and sundry), then put on an adult diaper and wet yourself

Sounds like an arrestable offence to me or at least a trip to the funny farm

A few years back I watched a Thai Guy <deleted> on the wall of my daughters school (Main road Hua Hin) in between the vendors selling food to the kids getting out at the end of the day. No one battered an eye and he cared even less. The foreigners pissing openly like that is disgraceful but if Thailand want foreigners to toe the line they need to take a hard look at themselves as well

5 hours ago, HuaHinHim said:

A few years back I watched a Thai Guy <deleted> on the wall of my daughters school (Main road Hua Hin) in between the vendors selling food to the kids getting out at the end of the day. No one battered an eye and he cared even less. The foreigners pissing openly like that is disgraceful but if Thailand want foreigners to toe the line they need to take a hard look at themselves as well

Are you sure he was thai and not an indian? In India they did that everywhere, even in between parked cars at the road...

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

"Sometimes tourists do not behave appropriately," and adding that she had seen four people do this in the space of 40 minutes. 

Others echoed those sentiments adding that Thais were just as bad in relieving themselves on the beach

But posters on the site did not bash the visitors.

I'd have thought more Thai people pee in the sea than foreigners.

What's an appropriate fee when you pee in the sea? 

Where do swimmers usually pee? It's a foreigner bashing post, nothing else. 

Is that the place where they pump in untreated sewage ? can't see a bit of pee hurting.

1 hour ago, Ron jeremy said:

Neighboring countries have toilets and shower facilities free of charge along the beach

thailand???? They don’t care, it’s free flow from hotels, restaurants. Or tourists into the ocean.

and then the tourists swim in it!

TAT are always looking at the numbers. Almost 40 million international visitors this year spending umpteen billion baht. Public toilets and showers in Pattaya and Phuket just don't exist because the Thai municipalities just don't want to spend a penny, but they expect us to in nearby bars. Kuta Beach, Penang beaches and other neighbouring countries cater to tourists needs, but here in Thailand it's an unnecessary expense.. TIT.. 

Pee is usually sterile...indeed if you have bacteria in your pee you have cystitis. No issue here.

On elf the things I hate about Thailand is the rotten public toilets here. They stink, they are filthy and often there is some crone outside extorting 10 baht from you to buy a piece of toilet paper. Plus there are never enough of them.

Contrast this to a real country, one based on sound governance and common sense.....Japan.....all of their public toilets are pristinely clean, most have the special toilet seat that washes your bum for you and they are plentiful. If Japan can do it, it is doable....it only needs the will, which is sadly lacking in Thailand.

"tessakit" (municipal authority) Will pick up the offending cigarette butt and use as evidence to fine you, would be interesting to watch them, rush to the waters edge to scoop out the offenders <deleted>! and the offender asking them to prove its theirs? plus who would be the offender if they took a photo of the person peeing showing..obscene photographs, to others. Interesting situation, worst if they take a photo of a woman doing it!

4 hours ago, petermik said:

What a load of nonsense....as I drive around Thailands roads I often see folks "spending a penny" at the roadside and nothing is said....if I try and kiss my TGF in public I get scolded as it,s "not polite" but peeing by the roadside for anyone to see is fine.....crazy place here sometimes :whistling:

Find a scooter taxi or regular stand. Find a nearby wall, fence or tree. Find the stains and remains of urine and other rubbish. This story is but the tip of the yellow iceburg.

1 minute ago, Puchaiyank said:

Pattaya is s toilet!

Really! Somebodies toilet is a bathroom, restroom. Pattaya caters for all! Sure somethings are not so good, but for me the fact I can get a decent breakfast (English/Irish) or sample the delights of meals from around the world. Get  my phone or laptop repaired or replaced. Buy some clothes/shoes. Or items for my house up the mountain. plus look / touch /feel some beautiful gals, Chat, laugh and meet people from around the world. and get cheap, clean, decent accommodation. and forget about the <deleted> around the world for a few days. and all within a short baht bus ride. I can't wait to get back from work in Saudia to use that toilet called Pattaya.

1 minute ago, phetpeter said:

Really! Somebodies toilet is a bathroom, restroom. Pattaya caters for all! Sure somethings are not so good, but for me the fact I can get a decent breakfast (English/Irish) or sample the delights of meals from around the world. Get  my phone or laptop repaired or replaced. Buy some clothes/shoes. Or items for my house up the mountain. plus look / touch /feel some beautiful gals, Chat, laugh and meet people from around the world. and get cheap, clean, decent accommodation. and forget about the <deleted> around the world for a few days. and all within a short baht bus ride. I can't wait to get back from work in Saudia to use that toilet called Pattaya.

One man's sxxt-hole...is another man's castle...????

Archived