Pattaya: Where are the toilets? Farangs caught urinating in the sea - but Thais blame the authorities

rooster59

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was an expensive renovation at Jomtien Beach in the past year or so and the very last thing they touched were the quite disgusting public toilets for which they charged 5 b. After finishing the job they locked up the building and it was never opened for use-unless this happened in the past month.

Public toilets are so rare in Thailand as garbage bins. Especially at night when the malls are closed.

Btw., I saw sooooo many Thais peeing beside the streets. No idea why some complain about peeing tourists.

17 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

disgusting public toilets for which they charged 5 b. After finishing the job they locked up the building and it was never opened

Where about on Jomtien beach are these toilets ?  near the Dongtan police box ??? 

There are many (other) places on the opposite side of the road along Jomtien beach that charge 3-5 baht for the toilet and 10 +++ baht for a shower..there is also quite a lot of  "waste" land /unoccupied land that can be used for "picking flowers" or "shooting rabbits"  ????

I used to see it regularly by people of all nationalities during my Pattaya years, including women! , urinating in public places. The Chinese used to hold the children over the drains on beach road to defecate.

These days, up here in the boonies of Isaarn, it is a daily occurrence from children urinating in the soi in the village, or their fathers and uncles up against the nearest tree outside the Mom and Pop stores.

I don't even waste my time or energy saying anything to them, as they only reverse anything you say to make us the villain of the peace.

I was recently in a local bar and there were the line of urinals as is common up here in the bars and in gas stations everywhere.

There was a line of eight urinals and I was using one. A male approximately 20-25 years old walked in, and peed against the stone wall which was behind us, as opposed to using the urinal. He saw nothing wrong in it.

Urine then all over the concrete floor............when there were seven stalls empty!

Public toilets in Thailand are a big problem. Not in BTS stations nor MRT.

If you can't find a nearby gas station or a hotel lobby, you are in big problem.

Sometimes you don't have a choice but to find a corner of a tree to get relieved.

I returned from a trip to Japan and was impressed from the amount of public toilets in every city, and nature locations.

Clean, tidy and free !

Sit at the beach for a couple of hours on a Thai holiday during "Low Season" .

Almost 100% Thai families sitting under umbrellas with their piles of food from home 

and bottles of  rum & whiskey & soda and ice.

Every once in a while a Thai man in the group will get up and walk into the sea , 

up to his waist with hands on his hips, and legs spread,

smiling for 1 - 2 minutes.

Then return to shore while giving his crotch a good old shake.

Too much effort to walk across the street and pay 5 baht at a proper toilet. 

It's been years and years since I set foot in the water at Pattaya/Jomtien Beaches.

And my heart felt sympathy to the beach chair vendor who has to clean up the mountain of rubbish, chicken bones,  and empty Sang Som Rum bottles left all over the chairs, tables, in the sand - when the family piles into a pick-up truck with a slightly drunk driver and heads off into the sunset. No effort made to tidy up. Just like home I guess !

Everyday driving along 2nd Rd ,the spare ground just after the Hard Rock Hotel you will see the Baht bus drivers and taxi drivers all stop and pee in the trees. The police just drive past and nothing is said. A lot of the motor bike taxi drivers use Foodlands toilets

6 hours ago, petermik said:

What a load of nonsense....as I drive around Thailands roads I often see folks "spending a penny" at the roadside and nothing is said....if I try and kiss my TGF in public I get scolded as it,s "not polite" but peeing by the roadside for anyone to see is fine.....crazy place here sometimes :whistling:

And its not just Peeing that I have witnessed.

6 hours ago, petermik said:

What a load of nonsense....as I drive around Thailands roads I often see folks "spending a penny" at the roadside and nothing is said....if I try and kiss my TGF in public I get scolded as it,s "not polite" but peeing by the roadside for anyone to see is fine.....crazy place here sometimes :whistling:

Spitting on the floor anywhere is fine as well...

I confess I’ve done that too, and peed in my wetsuit on cold winters days a few dozen times too lol ???? 

yeah ... let’s start a new thread peeing confession!!!

omg my life is so frigin tragic I’m actually posting this <deleted> on a Saturday night!!! 

Archived