Pattaya: Where are the toilets? Farangs caught urinating in the sea - but Thais blame the authorities

rooster59

Schools I worked at in Thailand, used to see Thai men come to pick up their kids from school and they taking a slash against the wall or in the bushes at front of the school. No big deal, nobody from the school said or did anything to try put a stop to it. In the West a guy would be in a whole heap of serious trouble for pulling his old fella out in front of a school. And they carry on about disrespectful farang having a leak in the sea on a secluded beach at night. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a sad site 

all I can say is the idiot abroad is a brainless idiot from any country 

no one is to blame apart from alcohol 

and no brain 

do many toilets in the bars and shops and shopping malls 

but idiots like them will never use 

better to catch them and deport 

do everyone a fable 

Plenty of toilets available around the beach, step into any bar and ask to use the toilet.
Yes, you might have to pay 5 up to 20 baht.
If you really want it for free, just walk into central shopping mall and use the free and superclean toilets there.

That said, i don't see a problem with peeing near the sea water.
Peeing on the sand (where no water comes) however i find disgusting, as people sit and walk on the sand day and night time.

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

What do you expect?  They are saving 5 baht.  ????

There's a soi between Soi Diana Inn and Soi 15; Thais call it "<deleted> alley", and 99% of the users are motorbike taxi drivers. They've NEVER paid 5 baht!

1 hour ago, freestyle said:

That said, i don't see a problem with peeing near the sea water.
Peeing on the sand (where no water comes) however i find disgusting, as people sit and walk on the sand day and night time.

i would have to agree with you. remember shogun, the scene where the japanese samurai peed on that guys back? thats even worse. its disgraceful and humiliating.

I remember all those useless huge screens along Jomtien beach airing god-only-knows-what while there was not a single public toilet in site. 

For civilized people in need, there is the "private business" alternative across the road - yet the hygienic condition of some of these private toilets is at least as questionable as the peeing folks urinating into the Golf of Thailand ......... 

There are lots of 5 baht toilets in most tourist areas, and if the cheap charlie

tourists cannot afford them, they should pack up and go home.

Still better to have a whiz in the ocean where it will be mixed in,

instead of using a tree or fence, where it will smell like nothing good

for too long.

Geezer

10 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

There are lots of 5 baht toilets in most tourist areas, and if the cheap charlie

for too long.

Geezer

oh another high and mighty 'they should go home comment' *rollseyes*

20 hours ago, Al V said:

5555! What's the difference of doing it inside four walls an flushing straight out to the canal as seen in many places I have been?

A good reason not to swim in the sea. Most everyone I see go swimming pee in the sea and come back in a minute, certainly not swimming

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

for too long.

Geezer

At this time there are NO 5 baht or any toilets along the newly restored Pattaya Dongtan beach area past the police station to the water park. There are few restaurants with toilets mainly meant for customers. Most beach goes just pee in the sea I was told by the Thai chair vendors.

12 minutes ago, cmrichsw said:

At this time there are NO 5 baht or any toilets along the newly restored Pattaya Dongtan beach area past the police station to the water park. There are few restaurants with toilets mainly meant for customers. Most beach goes just pee in the sea I was told by the Thai chair vendors.

They not only pee in the sea... It is not a good feeling to imagine this but the reality can be sometimes cruel. 

23 hours ago, petermik said:

What a load of nonsense....as I drive around Thailands roads I often see folks "spending a penny" at the roadside and nothing is said....if I try and kiss my TGF in public I get scolded as it,s "not polite" but peeing by the roadside for anyone to see is fine.....crazy place here sometimes :whistling:

Yes, but those peeing with impunity are Thai. As for that is acceptable and kissing your TGF is not, they do have rather odd priorities. Such as covering their mouth as they pick their teeth but then exploring the deep inside of their nose with an index finger in full view. Different culture, different rules.

Archived