BANGKOK
KPG59

Bandon Hospital extortion

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How about not knowing about the (considerably cheaper and better equipped) Govt facility?

Cheaper, yes. Better equipped? You must be stoned...

4 minutes ago, KPG59 said:

Cheaper, yes. Better equipped? You must be stoned...

'Inane comments🤣

On 10/27/2019 at 9:26 AM, BritManToo said:

Is there no government hospital?

With free health care for your Thai wife?

Even the 250bht for 'meds' from the local pharmacy sounds unlikely.

Did you make this story up?

The Phangan Govt hospital is not very well equipped. I have no problem with paying for proper care from an Intl hospital, and over the years my wife and I have been very satisfied with the care we have received. Yes, the necessary meds were purchased in Thong Sala for 250Baht (what the hell do you mean by "unlikely"??? That's just a stupid comment.

Lastly, why in the world would I waste my time making up this story? You must lead a very boring life. Stop commenting and go back to your Big Changs....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KPG59 said:

Yes, the necessary meds were purchased in Thong Sala for 250Baht

My gf makes do with paracetamol when she has a tummy ache, 27bht/100 in Makro.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:54 PM, khunPer said:

Bandon (Samui) used to be a low end private hospital at almost same fees as when using a government hospital – and almost so it was in the beginning of my time at Samui – now they charge so high fees that other private hospitals, which might even have higher standards, are same price or perhaps even lower price.

It is afaik owned by the same guy who owns Bandit Airways and Bandit Hospital..

On 10/29/2019 at 7:05 AM, KPG59 said:

The Phangan Govt hospital is not very well equipped. I have no problem with paying for proper care from an Intl hospital, and over the years my wife and I have been very satisfied with the care we have received. Yes, the necessary meds were purchased in Thong Sala for 250Baht (what the hell do you mean by "unlikely"??? That's just a stupid comment.

Lastly, why in the world would I waste my time making up this story? You must lead a very boring life. Stop commenting and go back to your Big Changs....

So what can you buy in a pharmacy clinic whatever that they don't have at the government hospital?

Sounds like you made the right decision, but what are you complaining about? They told you the price, you didn't want to pay for consultation / treatment there, and so you left... that doesn't sound like extortion to me.