Trump suspends 40 billion baht worth of duty-free trade for Thailand

rooster59

7 hours ago, car720 said:

Am I the only one seeing this.  He was to be impeached for his goings on in the Ukraine but now he has done a deal?

DT the Master of deflection, smoke and mirrors,
but as Prez a rapidly growing question mark.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

It's quite obvious that there's a small minority of posters on this forum who are anti trump and who don't want to support his efforts to stop IUU in the Thai fishing industry and the slavery of 1,000s of Burmese.lets not even think about the amount of murders where they are just thrown overboard.

Very large majority actually - we're not all yanks on this forum.

Many posters come from other countries - you know, those other places around the rest of the world.

They all have the same opinion as your idea of a 'small minority'.

They really do despise and hate the buffoon you have so proudly installed in your once great halls of powerof the White house!

3 hours ago, Ajvat37 said:

... without having the social skills or wit to utilize his skill set in a responsible and effective manner.  

A very astute observation. Trump, the great pretender, loves to pretend he's a pro in many fields, but he screws up almost everything he touches. In the last 10 yrs, he's lost more billions in business than most billionaires have ever seen.

The reality is -- even a totally inept nincompoop, if he fiddles around enough will eventually get something right, but only by  pure chance, there are so few skill sets involved.

Trump does not give a flying poo about worker rights, which is why he has spent his entire adult life screwing over every worker with the misfortune of working for or under him. He only started talking about trade on the campaign trail because he saw how much it resonated with voters and because he was stealing talking points from other popular candidates. The real reason that he keeps invalidating existing agreements is solely because he wants to be wined and dined by all the world's leaders. He will do anything to feed his fragile ego and his bloated narcism, and he has discovered that this is the only way that anyone else ever actually cares to talk to him, as evident by the way he has been ostracized and scorned at every summit meeting since taking office.

10 hours ago, BestB said:

Can only hope thailand does not reciprocate and raise tax on imported good from 300% to 500%????

I guess all the Chinese who were planning to move over might be cancelling their plans 

The guy was never good at geography: Thailand, Taiwan, Formosa or Siam is all the same country in different epochs....

10 hours ago, BestB said:

Can only hope thailand does not reciprocate and raise tax on imported good from 300% to 500%????

I guess all the Chinese who were planning to move over might be cancelling their plans 

Chinese citizens are not allowed to move here. The communist dictatorship controls freedom of movement rigorously. And the Chinese are subject to the same rules as other foreign expats.

6 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Chinese citizens are not allowed to move here. The communist dictatorship controls freedom of movement rigorously. And the Chinese are subject to the same rules as other foreign expats.

I agree with "dictatorship". I disagree with "communist" dictatorship.

What does "communist" China have in common with communism? - it has in my opinion more in common with "far west" capitalism.

13 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Not chinese citizens but chinese companies, a few were planning to shift to Thailand to avoid US tariffs.

Fantastic great news I hope the rest of the western world will do the same 

until the Thai government realise you have to take care of the Thai people 

By that I mean the real workers in Thailand 

all I hear from the Thai government is how good they are to the Thai workers and they will all grow and become wealthy 

What a load of rubbish they are doing the opposite 

typical of all the Thai governments I have known the only policy they have is keep thai people poor and you then have control 

I hope soon it will change

2 minutes ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

All countries should shut down trade with ThaIndia until the have a legit democratic election and they stop suppression of the Thai people!

Wow thats deep and well thought out. Thanks.

Well, this could mean, that local seafood should get cheaper then. 

Presently imported fish (i.e. salmon) is cheaper than locally fished stuff - go figure! 

And as the seafood industry is also in oligarch eliterian hands, not sufficiently reprimanded by the currency exchange rate, this might do the trick - let's see! 

55555 But it not happen. Just sad guy imagine. Want it. But....

Several factors are attracting investors to Thailand, making it a haven for foreign money. But its healthy current account tops them all, according to analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. The International Monetary Fund forecasts the country will post a surplus of 6% of gross domestic product this year, almost double that of Japan.

Thailand’s reserves and negligible inflation also provide investors comfort. The central bank’s foreign-cash pilestands at $220 billion, the equivalent of more than 12 months of imports. And inflation, currently 0.3%, has been running below the central bank’s target of 1% to 4% since June.

As if these weren’t enough, Thailand is getting a boost from gold. A hub for bullion trading, Thailand has benefited as jitters about the U.S.-China trade war and global economic slowdown have driven a 17% gain in the price of the metal this year.

Learn from the SNB, from a free country, not from military morons.
We have foreign reserves of more than 800 billion US$ to depreciate the Swiss franc. CH has similar problems like TH with a trade surplus and foreign money inflows. The interbank interest rate is at -0.75%. 10 years fixed mortgages are at 0.7%.
What is your country doing?

10 hours ago, car720 said:

Am I the only one seeing this.  He was to be impeached for his goings on in the Ukraine but now he has done a deal?

These announcements he likes to make trying to show what a great businessman he is don't mean much.  And he tends to make them when he is trying to distract from other things.  It's either this "look at me I'm a stable genius" kind of stuff or hating on immigrants and talking about his stupid wall that will never be built.  He's traitorous human scum and will hopefully be removed soon, one way or another.

4 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Many posters come from other countries - you know, those other places around the rest of the world.

They really do despise and hate the buffoon you have so proudly installed in your once great halls of powerof the White house!

I'm from Clapham South London.thanks.

13 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

EU should follow soon but their representatives in Thailand are either blind or in such desperate need for business that they pretend to be blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hasn't the EU already done this ? They certainly have on seafood.

I hope more countries use trade as a lever against Thailand that deserves to be well and truly under the spotlight in very many areas. As to call on Thailand to fulfill its promises made in the various treaties and conventions it has signed up to, its well overdue.

18 hours ago, ozz1 said:

Another nail in the coffin for the exports          high baht

Isn't helping either but they keep telling us that tourists and exports are up somethings got to give eventually

The old raw prawn trick.

Something will give, maybe making, Chinese visa not needed, granting special airfares if you fly Thai airways, upgrade to first class,no visa required for Indians Chinese and eastern Europeans, , Nigerians no need for visa welcome to LOS.

Open special school to teach ATM scamming, put 50,000 more taxis and tuk tuks on the road, ban alcohol and smoking, ban laughing on the beach, ban everything , no talking, close Thailand.

Build more empty condos on the coast all the way to Hat Yai, good opportunity to create employment for Burmese.

11 hours ago, Bundooman said:

As an American. I could care less what those of you from other countries think. You have never done anything for America and for that we owe you nothing. All you sissys do is complain and try and blame America for your woes. Time for you all to come to terms with the reasons you left your own countries in the first place. Or, are you going to blame Trump and America for that too?

Archived