Trump suspends 40 billion baht worth of duty-free trade for Thailand

rooster59

1 hour ago, Longcut said:

As an American. I could care less what those of you from other countries think. You have never done anything for America and for that we owe you nothing. All you sissys do is complain and try and blame America for your woes. Time for you all to come to terms with the reasons you left your own countries in the first place. Or, are you going to blame Trump and America for that too?

WELL SAID

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an American. I could care less what those of you from other countries think. You have never done anything for America and for that we owe you nothing. All you sissys do is complain and try and blame America for your woes. Time for you all to come to terms with the reasons you left your own countries in the first place. Or, are you going to blame Trump and America for that too?

At this moment my country (Holland) is buying all the tree's from Florida to be made into woodpellets which we burn to get 'green' energy....our government subsidizes it with many billions a year....because we are the greenest country of the world.

Doesn't that count??????

20 hours ago, MadMac said:

I could see a connection as the US embassy and farm ministry were mentioning imports of soy, wheat, etc. into Thailand would be suspended. Meaning Thailand is probably going to ban the import of products that were treated with glyphosate and the other poisons. Otherwise this would all make no sense.

I can't see why Thailand would be importing anything that is treated with glyphosate unless they are importing weeds, it's a herbicide, I've been using it on my farm for 30years, if you wear the correct protective gear it's no problem, this ban will just make many farmers lives even harder than they are now.

I could say I called Donald the other day and asked him to do something about the Thailand 'Fake Economy' and the extremely high Baht, because it was making it too expensove for Yank Expats to buy any American products, but no one would believe me.

But I sure did wish he would do something like that.  Thank you Sir! 

Fake Economy. Fake Economy. Thailand is a Fake Economy.

11 minutes ago, Thian said:

At this moment my country (Holland) is buying all the tree's from Florida to be made into woodpellets which we burn to get 'green' energy....our government subsidizes it with many billions a year....because we are the greenest country of the world.

Doesn't that count??????

I really doubt that your country is buying "all" the trees from Florida. Are you not going to leave any?????

I'm also an American, but I've never seen my nationality as conferring on me any particular merit, since it was by pure accident of birth. Neither do I harbor boiling resentment against folks from other countries. They are in no way obliged to do anything for America. It's enough of a burden for them just enduring all the buffoonery emanating from those 50 states loosely united.

28 minutes ago, harada said:

I can't see why Thailand would be importing anything that is treated with glyphosate unless they are importing weeds, it's a herbicide, I've been using it on my farm for 30years, if you wear the correct protective gear it's no problem, this ban will just make many farmers lives even harder than they are now.

Examples of crops that may be subjected to pre-harvest desiccation include:[5][7][9][10][11][12][13]

Glyphosate (Roundup®) is the principle pre-harvest systemic herbicide used for desiccation of a wide variety of crops.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_desiccation

16 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Glyphosate (Roundup®) is the principle pre-harvest systemic herbicide used for desiccation of a wide variety of crops.

The ban is not only for Glyphosate. I'm not an expert what is used for what. but as I said, the import ban for such treated products as mentioned by the US letters sent to TH would be the only reason. Why otherwise would they stop to import it in such signifcant amount?

The chemicals itself cannot be it as they are produced locally and not imported.

20 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Some months ago the USA changed India from a 3rd world country to a 2nd world country and stopped the privileged customs for Indian exports, also because India demands very high customs for imports. Now I am curious what will happen if Trump finds out that it´s the same with Thailand. They also get very low customs for exports in the US (chemicals, hard discs and computer parts and so on) but demands crazy tariffs for US wines, cars and so on (for cars it´s 200 - 300%). Thailand makes a lot of money with these high customs - one reason why the VAT is so low - but if they have to lower them dramatically, the country will get a huge financial problem.

Thailand has been playing a game for many years, exporting to countries with special deals that can guarantee prices that will sell, however imports that are part of the same deal are taxed to hell to protect the domestic market. 

Prayuth cosying up to Trump recently may have been a bad mistake, Trump now looks at Thailand and say's hey... these guys are taking the micky out of us.. they spout their growth & wealth, the baht strength against the dollar, telling everyone they're the best in ASEAN, well now we'll level the playing field!

19 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Examples of crops that may be subjected to pre-harvest desiccation include:[5][7][9][10][11][12][13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_desiccation

What kind of protective gear do we wear to protect us from all the toxic chemicals in the food. Just bcoz farmers (urged on by Monsanto) have been poisoning our food supply for decades does not mean it is reasonable, sensible or ethical. It's not the only way nor the best way. Most Americans are totally unaware of the 6,000-7,000 sq mile "dead zone" in the Gulf of Mexico at the Mississippi delta as a result the runoff from toxic chemicals used by all the farmers in the Mississippi river water shed. https://serc.carleton.edu/microbelife/topics/deadzone/index.html

1 minute ago, MadMac said:

The ban is not only for Glyphosate. I'm not an expert what is used for what. but as I said, the import ban for such treated products as mentioned by the US letters sent to TH would be the only reason. Why otherwise would they stop to import it in such signifcant amount?

The chemicals itself cannot be it as they are produced locally and not imported.

I was simply clarifying the common misconception that glyphosate cannot be found in food because it is "only an herbicide". 

2 hours ago, Longcut said:

Maybe you missed the latest news but bashing Trump is the latest fashion worldwide .

He will find a cure for cancer but will get bashed for earth to be overpopulated  as a result of cure. 

he does not retaliate he is bad, he does retaliate he is bad.

52 minutes ago, Longcut said:
1 hour ago, Thian said:

Doesn't that count??????

I really doubt that your country is buying "all" the trees from Florida. Are you not going to leave any?????

Well it was big in the news yesterday that the americans are angry now since they are missing their tree's which we bought for billions of euro's....before that we bought them woodpellets from Canada...

But hey we are in competition with Sweden to be the greenest country of the world....and we're willing to fake all news about it of course. 

Also in Holland they are cutting loads of tree's now to burn them in 'biomass' ovens and make 'green' electricity.....we will never beat sweden with their hydropower plants since we have no mountains but hey at least the americans get billions of euro's now every year from us.....so you guys have to be happy with it and don't say we never do anything for the USA haha.

2 hours ago, Thian said:

Doesn't that count??????

Burning trees from Florida, what a great idea for green house emissions reduction, felling, transport , burning. Seems a bit counter intuitive to me. Wind from North Sea ?

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Well it was big in the news yesterday that the americans are angry now since they are missing their tree's which we bought for billions of euro's....before that we bought them woodpellets from Canada...

But hey we are in competition with Sweden to be the greenest country of the world....and we're willing to fake all news about it of course. 

Also in Holland they are cutting loads of tree's now to burn them in 'biomass' ovens and make 'green' electricity.....we will never beat sweden with their hydropower plants since we have no mountains but hey at least the americans get billions of euro's now every year from us.....so you guys have to be happy with it and don't say we never do anything for the USA haha.

Most trees in Florida are just soft pines and Scrub Oaks.  Not really worth anything. Used mainly for cheap flooring. So feel free to take all you want.

Maybe this is just a pre-Election stunt to boost approval ratings? Last I heard, he was facing impeachment. This is the guy who had Trump tower built by illegal immigrants whom, I'm sure, didn't have any sort of health insurance. Could you imagine living in the USA in the expensive 1980's while earning a low wage without benefits in New York???  Thailand's slave ships have been in the news during his entire presidency and WE support slave ships every time we go to 7-Eleven because CP owns the franchise in Thailand and CP get's their seafood from the Thai slave ships who have desperate guys from Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Burma working on their ship with their passports in an undisclosed location (that's why they can't leave the ship, but they have tried). Oh yeah! Let's not forget that commercialized fishing in thailand is turning the gulf of Thailand in to a giant swimming pool and contributing to climate change. Speaking of which, the gulf of thailand is expanding 4cms a year and Bangkok is one of three asian cities to be submerged in the next decade. So add 10 years to your life and that's when you can expect a large part of bangkok to look like The Lost City of Atlantis. 

1 hour ago, BradinAsia said:

Why is it that so many folks are willing to jump thru multiple hoops to defend Trump, the greatest source of embarrassment the U.S. has had in many years. Totally self-possessed, with a total lack of class, total lack of civility and diplomacy, a 5th grade vocabulary and very crude social skills. The man was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has failed more than he has succeeded. He has made more enemies around the world than any U.S. president ever. History tends to paint Genghis Khan as a crude savage, but Trump's 

attitude toward immigrants is far more crude, making Genghis Khan look like a teddy bear. 

Do lot worry only 5 more years to suffer 

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thailand has been playing a game for many years, exporting to countries with special deals that can guarantee prices that will sell, however imports that are part of the same deal are taxed to hell to protect the domestic market. 

Prayuth cosying up to Trump recently may have been a bad mistake, Trump now looks at Thailand and say's hey... these guys are taking the micky out of us.. they spout their growth & wealth, the baht strength against the dollar, telling everyone they're the best in ASEAN, well now we'll level the playing field!

Perhaps that´s the reason why Thailand bought so much military stuff in the US to make Trump happy.

16 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Very large majority actually - we're not all yanks on this forum.

Many posters come from other countries - you know, those other places around the rest of the world.

They all have the same opinion as your idea of a 'small minority'.

They really do despise and hate the buffoon you have so proudly installed in your once great halls of powerof the White house!

A very large majority my ass.just Look at my reply on post number four and the response from members.typical reply from a progressive snowflake liberal democrat minded person.i suppose you would like to see Greta thunberg in the White House.

On 10/26/2019 at 1:27 PM, Enoon said:

He has discovered that a trade war with someone his own size (China) is not "easy to win".

He desperately needs to be seen to be a "winner".

So he does what a bully always does in such a circumstance.

He picks on someone "smaller" than himself instead.......Thailand.

And his moronic fans will cheer him for it.

Because that's what moronic bully worshippers do.

And he will be pleased by their contemptible, deplorable, moronic approval.

He does not give one gram of s*** about the conditions for workers in Thailand.

In my country we would call you a silly galah.....which is much nicer than what I would like to  say. 

If you still think Trump, Hillary, Bush, Obama or any of them since around Kennedy is anything else than a figurehead, then you've been duped, period 

Agreed. First he says or does something outrageously stupid, disgusting or both. Then slips (or tries to slip), in another gambit in the interest of his real overall policy. And / or reads a prepared speech (with that monotone, stogy way he has of struggling through that reading assignment. Thing is, that prepared speech is so out of character that the ideas presented, (and they can seem to be brilliant ideas), are obviously not his thoughts. Who is it behind the scene?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, BestB said:

Serious question, what grade did you get for economics? 

I quote Goldman Sacks, Bloomberg, Economist.

or should I believe BestB from Pattaya? With own table in the gogo.

How your booking for your pattaya hotel now? Busy? You got hotel liscence right?

Yinn the A student. 

And you?

7 hours ago, harada said:

I've been using it on my farm for 30years, if you wear the correct protective gear it's no problem, this ban will just make many farmers lives even harder than they are now.

If I wear the correct PPE will I be safe when consuming the produce sprayed with this stuff?It won't make our lives harder because we don't use it and we feed the cows with the weeds we clear from our crops so it's not wasted.

Trump really showcases his incredible hypocrisy and that of the U.S in general.

Blaming labour disparity?

He as a businessman would know very well, its the low wages in these countries that makes the goods he imports cheap..and therefore enables him to turn an easy profit without employing Americans.

Does he really worry about the wages and welfare of folk (from other countries)

who make the Clothes, food and whatever else he imports for his hotels?

He could have just stated Thailand is not reciprocally friendly in trade agreements, which is not far from the mark.

pretending he cares about lifestyle disparity in other countries just makes him look a bigger tool than he already is.

Archived