New Passport and Transit Visa question

So on my previous passport in 2019 I received 4 transit visa's during this year (2019). 3 by land and 1 by air.

As my passport had only 2 pages left I have now received a new passport and transferred my latest transit visa stamp over to my new passport.

My question is regarding my next entry into Thailand.

As it is a new passport with record of only the current transit stamp in it, will I be able to do another transit entry (30 day land border crossing) or will I need to go to the Thai embassy and apply for a different type of visa?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Farbon

There is no transit visa you can get on entry to the country. I assume you mean a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Not sure who you managed to do 3 visa exempt entries at a land border this year since they are limited to 2 per calendar year unless you are from a country that get them due to a bilateral agreement. 

Getting a new passport does not erase you history of history of entries since immigration will link your old and new passport the first time you use it for entry.

With your history it would be best if you got a tourist visa for your next entry to the country.

Yes it was a 30 day visa exempt. Interestingly enough last year (2018) i did 3 entry's at a land border as well. I also witnessed someone get rejected for a land entry and he was told by the immigration officer that 3 land border entries were permitted per calendar year. Everywhere I have read including on here everyone says 2 but this is what I heard from the immigration officer himself. I am an American I was permitted 3 times last year as well as 3 times this year. Would that be due to my nationality? 

Thanks again for the swift reply ubonjoe. I will be receiving my marriage certificate shortly and will be doing a multiple-entry non-o visa based on that for this next one. Just going to be a tight timeline and wanted to know my other options.

Also one other question.

When I was last in the BKK airport the immigration officer pulled me aside and questioned me. He pulled up my passport history and showed it to me and it only showed that current passport and not the previous one I had which had several visa's for thailand as well. My passport at that time had been issued in BKK and I had that visa exempt transfer stamp (same as my new one) in it as well. I was surprised to see that his system did not pull up my older passport information as well as the passport I had. Any info on why that may be?

Just now, ubonjoe said:

As soon as you register your marriage you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

If not then you might need to try and do another visa exempt entry by air.

Interesting. Do i just go to the local immigration office to receive this extension?

41 minutes ago, Farbon said:

Interesting. Do i just go to the local immigration office to receive this extension?

Basically yes but your wife has to be with you when you apply for the 60 day extension.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Basically yes but your wife has to be with you when you apply for the 60 day extension.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Great info. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge ubonjoe ????