Remarry after divorce

justaphase

What's the procedure for a foreigner marrying a Thai citizen here after the foreigner has been married and divorced before?

Do I need to say I have been married before and produce a divorce certificate? ( I don't have as it was years ago.) And if yes is the certificate available from the amphur office I got the divorce?

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Discuss.

"When you're in a different place every day, there's this kind of madness that sets in."

Cow madness was caused by human stupidity. But human stupidity is caused by humans. 

If people make the same mistake over and over again, there's no light at the end of the tunnel, no advice that could actually help them.

I divorced my exwife fron thailand 5 years ago.In norway we have to be seperated 1 year first before the divorce is completed.She lives in norway so we just did it online in the goverment site.We login with our personal ID number and BANK ID.When the divorce was accepted we get the proof of that.

I get the english version too.She brougth this papers to thailand,and we get the proof that we are not registrated as married in thailand too.I get remarried this year with a thailady.The prosess was that i had to ask for the papers that i can get married again.Get that from the goverment office,then send this to the goverment of foreignn affairs for legalisasion.When i get the stamp from there i had to go to the thai embassy in norway for one more legalisasion stamp.After i came to bangkok another stamp from the norway embassy in bangkok.Then had to translate the papers and get it legalised in thai ministery of foreign affairs.After we get married a new translation to english.Brougth this to the norway embassy,paid 3000 bath.Finally they send it to norway for registration.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:01 AM, lopburi3 said:

It appears you are still a foreigner so the normal letter from your Embassy would be required I suspect.  What they require to issue varies but basically you must now be single.

Actually you must affirm you are single. If married overseas they don't know. They are only witnessing that you say you are single, for a price. Nice little money maker.

If married in LOS they do, so must get divorce cert in Thai.

On 10/26/2019 at 8:55 PM, justaphase said:

Do I need to say I have been married before and produce a divorce certificate? ( I don't have as it was years ago.) And if yes is the certificate available from the amphur office I got the divorce?

If you were married in LOS you can't get married again without a Thai divorce certificate.

There is a way to get a new cert, but I don't remember where it is from.

Try doing a search.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They are only witnessing that you say you are single, for a price. Nice little money maker.

Actually you are signing under oath and if not true you are subject to legal action and paperwork would be invalid (any marriage obtained using null and void).  Most of us do not sign false paperwork.  

Archived