College investigates after "ajarn" fires a gun in class

rooster59

College investigates after "ajarn" fires a gun in class

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU4Ni83OTMzNjMwLzA0dGVhY2hlcnNob290a2lkcy5qcGc=.jpg

Caption:  "Ajarn" got out a gun to threaten students

A technical college in Satun in Thailand's south has admitted that a teacher fired a gun in class after an argument with students. 

They have set up a committee of investigation. 

A mother went to Sanook on Thursday to say that her son - an orphan who she looks after - had reported that an "ajarn" (senior teacher or professor) had fired a gun in a welding class. 

He had got involved in an argument with the teacher before he pulled out a gun and fired into the floor five meters from her son. 

They went to the Muang Satun police. 

The college has admitted it happened and have set up a committee of inquiry.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-26

A mother went to Sanook on Thursday to say that her son - an orphan who she looks after - had reported that an "ajarn" (senior teacher or professor) had fired a gun in a welding class.

One of these classes where they make their own guns in class?

It was maybe just a test shot? 

hopefully he is charged, having a gun on him while teaching is over the top, firing it at a student because he had an argument  is beyond a joke, he should be fired and locked up but being Thailand he will apologize and all will be forgiven

6 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

He pulls out a loaded firearm and then fired a live round in a classroom filled with students?   Does this "ajarn" know about the word ricochet?   That incident could have ended really badly.

lol was thinking the same thing, alley-oop off the floor and between the eyes

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He had got involved in an argument with the teacher

I thought this didn't happen in the Thai educational system (according to TV posters :whistling:) .........

Perhaps there is hope yet..........

3 minutes ago, topt said:

I thought this didn't happen in the Thai educational system (according to TV posters :whistling:) .........

Perhaps there is hope yet..........

Please direct me to the thread where someone states that Thai teachers never fire guns. You cant. Because there is no such thread.

1 minute ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Please direct me to the thread where someone states that Thai teachers never fire guns. You cant. Because there is no such thread.

I never said they did. Have a look again at what I quoted.

I will be kind and take it you really did not understand what I was quoting - it was that the student actually had an argument (so presumably disagreed) with the teacher which is meant to be a big no no in Thai culture.

All of these things have been going on for years, its only due to social media that we get to see what is happening. Its quite frightening, watched a video of a government bus driver fighting over road rage....Thailand is sinking into oblivion....Escape from New York comes to mind.

So it's a typical Thai technical college, where 'teachers' are a separate breed, well reported for decades as one of the main ingredients in the severe and dangerous inter technical college  fights and deaths, etc., at many technical colleges. 

12 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

He pulls out a loaded firearm and then fired a live round in a classroom filled with students?   Does this "ajarn" know about the word ricochet?   That incident could have ended really badly.

It was a welding class, that's usually a shed where the floor is probably dirt.

Set up an inquiry?? Into what??

Why was there a gun on the campus in the first place, why did the teacher feel it was appropriate to fire the gun?

Surely this should warrant instant suspension, review of the suitability to teach and then dismissal unless there are really extenuating circumstances.

Why has the person not been charged with discharging a firearm in a public place and endangering life?

12 hours ago, YTP said:

lol was thinking the same thing, alley-oop off the floor and between the eyes

This guy should certainly be fired and prosecuted, but TIT. The bullet would not have hit anyone between the eyes though. It would have hugged the ground and travelled no higher than 8 to 12 inches above the ground, possibly hitting someone in the leg. Still, no excuse for this idiotic behavior.

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

A technical college in Satun in Thailand's south has admitted that a teacher fired a gun in class after an argument with students.

After smoothing over the 5 holes in the floor I'm sure the school "investigating committee" will do the same with the teachers behaviour explaining why he needed or even fired a gun in class.

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

have set up a committee of inquiry

Why do they always have to set up a bl@@dy committee? They have admitted it happened so just fire the son of a gun ... pardon the pun ????

Archived