Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Hotel prices slashed and quiet beaches, Phuket faces challenging high season

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, friend of siam said:

WHO wants to visit a tourist trap like phuket where 150000 other joes <deleted> on the same beach at the same time...????

I once went to kho pi pi and krabi...it was a roundtrip with a boat snorkeling swimming food and a nice tourguide all day ...quiet cheap...but it was busy like at a metro station at rush hour incl. the sounds...it was funny to watch all these holiday makers some on a one week holiday...a highly perfected form of suffering...all year in an office and after that right into the tourist trap...

who wants that.,???.. i come and go to asia... stay awhile amongst locals far away from all these places...

if you spot a tourist developer run him over with a truck ...quickly..

 

You are a genius amongst the morons. Rarely do you find a man who understands reality. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I would love to get a hotel room at 50 percent off in high season. TAT the big liars can

keep up their BS, but the business owners of Thailand all know how the economy is

doing for real.

Geezer

Go to cat ba island near Hanoi. On Agoda queen size bedroom for two people 120 baht, $4USD, 90,000 DONG. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 12:05 AM, rooster59 said:

AFP also spoke to Paul Scott from Australia, who said he has been coming to Thailand for 15 years, said: “I’ve never seen anything as bad as what it is at the moment.”

He's an <deleted> then. Less people is only a good thing for the ones that do go.

The tourism sector in LOS is suffering BECAUSE too many people are going. No one that loves Thai beaches wants to be crowded with no space to relax or enjoy the ambience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 12:49 AM, SteveK said:

My wife has a close friend who owns 2 properties which she rents out, one in Hua Hin and one in Kamala. She has to go to the properties every now and again for whatever reason. This time she came back from Phuket saying it was extremely quiet, worst she's ever seen.

"Worst" for her, BRILLIANT for the tourists that go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 12:02 AM, Langkawee said:

Go to cat ba island near Hanoi. On Agoda queen size bedroom for two people 120 baht, $4USD, 90,000 DONG. 

Sounds like the glory days of Thai beaches except better. What is the beach like though? If it's rubbish would explain why prices are so low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 5:36 AM, friend of siam said:

WHO wants to visit a tourist trap like phuket where 150000 other joes <deleted> on the same beach at the same time...????

I once went to kho pi pi and krabi...it was a roundtrip with a boat snorkeling swimming food and a nice tourguide all day ...quiet cheap...but it was busy like at a metro station at rush hour incl. the sounds...it was funny to watch all these holiday makers some on a one week holiday...a highly perfected form of suffering...all year in an office and after that right into the tourist trap...

who wants that.,???.. i come and go to asia... stay awhile amongst locals far away from all these places...

if you spot a tourist developer run him over with a truck ...quickly..

 

Back in the 90s Phuket was OK, except the taxis were a rip off even back then-I used the cheap bus.

Phi Phi was BRILLIANT.

Then, GREED ruined it all, and it's become the <deleted><deleted><deleted> it is today. Every owner of a cheap hovel tarted it up and raised prices. Saw it all in Pattaya ( but I used to spend a lot of time in Phuket too ) as that place got ruined by GREEDY Thais.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past I used to say on a travel forum that Thailand was in for a rude shock if they kept destroying their beaches the way they were. The sound they hear is of chickens coming home to roost, and if any place deserved to have their tourist sector devastated for destruction, rip offs, corruption and just not providing a good experience, it's Thailand, IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the high baht and the hotel owners know tourist are not coming.in cnx they expect less tourist than last high season. i don,t think the bar owners anywhere in thailand are thinking of lots of tourist for they bar too.things don,t look good for the high season if the baht remains high

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 6:29 PM, Thomas Hannah said:

So it looks like the streets are going to be full of indians looking into bars.

And opening boxes of chocolates and packets of sweets in the Big C supermarket (witnessed two days ago) to look at the contents inside and finger them!

 

TAT wished for, and went after "new markets" and succeeded in pulling in the lo-so element from two continents. They played the "numbers" game and that game never beats the "quality" game in respect of spend and profit for med/small businesses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thai people can thank their immigration officers at the airports for their drop in tourists since they're they ones who are denying a lot of tourists with valid visas from entering and spending big bucks here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Thai people can thank their immigration officers at the airports for their drop in tourists since they're they ones who are denying a lot of tourists with valid visas from entering and spending big bucks here.

And, the ones they do let in they are extorting money from them a mate of mine had to pay 4000 Baht 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

the high baht and the hotel owners know tourist are not coming.in cnx they expect less tourist than last high season. i don,t think the bar owners anywhere in thailand are thinking of lots of tourist for they bar too.things don,t look good for the high season if the baht remains high

Chiang Mai is OK if you like getting gassed in a chamber.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 6:08 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds like the glory days of Thai beaches except better. What is the beach like though? If it's rubbish would explain why prices are so low.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cat+ba+beaches&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=imnv&sxsrf=ACYBGNTBEam6vvrNNqZj12N4PkMB5YaxRQ:1572600536159&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiX8dLC2cjlAhXNdd4KHYiYBHYQ_AUoAXoECA8QAQ

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...