Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Hotel prices slashed and quiet beaches, Phuket faces challenging high season

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

 

think i'll give it a miss, chinese found it :cheesy:

 

 

1908DFDD-EB59-4399-A4A1-26D9A076AC95.jpeg

That's also a green water island, not clear water.  Best on the central coast to the South. That part of the coast has island clear water right on mainland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Not scamming ?? 

 

I used to live up above Sun Hill Hotel (the villa that came down in the landslide) it was routine that you would agree with a tuk tuk at the top of bangla a price to take a car load of girls back, price agreed.. Top of the hill yes.. yes yes top of the hill.. Its ABOVE sun hill hotel.. top of the hill.. Yes yes 500b top of the hill.. 

 

Then he would drive to the bottom of the hill and refuse to go up without another 200b (to go a few 100m) you have 6 gogo girls in silly heels and 250m of 1 in 5 hill, its pitch dark and theres no other options at 3am at that location. 

 

Thats not a scam ?? This happened more times than it didnt. 

I remember when your building almost fell down the hill.

 

You used to take 6 gogo girls home (!) and then quibble about an extra 200 baht to take them up one of the the steepest hills in Patong!

Yes, a ripoff, but in all fairness mate, ancient history. I believe you moved to the "gas chamber" town quite a while ago.  The tuk tuk criminals standardized their thieving prices sometime after that.

As a local I never use them, haven't been in one in decades, not since I  came as a tourist. 

I don't think the local overpriced transport, in itself, deters genuine tourists. There are many factors to blame, principally world economic downturns and currency exchange rates.  On the plus side they do keep the Isaan based, cheap Charlie, long term visitors away and gives them something to whine about on these pages.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I remember when your building almost fell down the hill.

 

You used to take 6 gogo girls home (!) and then quibble about an extra 200 baht to take them up one of the the steepest hills in Patong!

Nothing whatsoever to do with the amount that was being scammed and everything to do with I refuse to be ripped off or treated with less than mutual respect. Dont want to go up there for less than 700 ?? Absolutely fine, say that at the start. 

 

As a collective they are dishonest thuggish conmen, whose entire industry is enabled by corruption and protected via violence, any westerner defending them and claiming they are not needs a head check. 

 

And yeah I spend some of each year in 'the gas chamber' 🤣 also enjoying summers in Europe much more. I see they rebuilt the old pile (now 140 million asking price I was told, bargains everywhere I see). The older I get, the more rural I like. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 12:37 PM, SteveK said:

Singapore has some of the biggest kee-niaos I have ever come across.

Im not surprised

have you seen the price of a beer there !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Not scamming ?? 

 

I used to live up above Sun Hill Hotel (the villa that came down in the landslide) it was routine that you would agree with a tuk tuk at the top of bangla a price to take a car load of girls back, price agreed.. Top of the hill yes.. yes yes top of the hill.. Its ABOVE sun hill hotel.. top of the hill.. Yes yes 500b top of the hill.. 

 

Then he would drive to the bottom of the hill and refuse to go up without another 200b (to go a few 100m) you have 6 gogo girls in silly heels and 250m of 1 in 5 hill, its pitch dark and theres no other options at 3am at that location. 

 

Thats not a scam ?? This happened more times than it didnt. 

So why didn't you tell them to put on their normal shoes before buying them out of the bar? Kept repeating the same experience and expected a different outcome?

I never took a girl out of a gogo that wore her gogo shoes outside. They cost a lot of money and they wouldn't want to ruin them walking in the dog poo and dirty streets.

 

BTW, I understand how an experience with 2 or 3 can be "interesting", but what would one do with 3 spare girls? Don't answer that, as it's against forum rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, I understand how an experience with 2 or 3 can be "interesting", but what would one do with 3 spare girls? Don't answer that, as it's against forum rules.

Never alone.. Was always loads of us up there having all night rager pool parties till dawn.. 

 

Half the old suzy wongs crew of 04 - 09 were friends, they used to come hang out pre work.. Wish I knew were Taa, Nid, Lek, and a bunch of other got to, hope lifes been kind. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I don't think the local overpriced transport, in itself, deters genuine tourists.

It does, it's one of the main reasons I will never go to Phuket again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phuket has an estimated 2,000 to 3,000 hotels, with between 100,000 and 150,000 hotel rooms. OMG they don't even know how many hotels they have?!?! 🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...