BANGKOK
rooster59

Hotel prices slashed and quiet beaches, Phuket faces challenging high season

1 minute ago, Dice Man said:

One beer and 4 straws please

Perhaps some baby powder too?

Probably  Tomorrow headline news story is Bangla road has record high overseas visitors.

• Haha 1

2 million Indians per year is 5480 per day, how do people who spout this garbage keep their jobs.  Also, Phuketscrew hit the mark when he said if they don’t know how many hotels or hotel rooms in Phuket how can they forecast with any degree of accuracy.  Personally I am quite happy with a decrease in the number of tourists, Phuket is becoming spoilt by mass tourism.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Scot123 said:

OMG! Why can they not just come out and say it, the high Baht and very bad reputation has and is causing this crisis not only for the big hotels but everyone who is connected in anyway to tourist income. The downward spiral should not be measured year on year mut maybe should be measured from the day democracy was stolen at the end of a gun. I am sure that would paint a far worse picture. The damage really took grip with the closer of establishments for several months, the disinfectant of places character. These all a play part and the high Baht which stops foreign tourists coming but also increases the high end Thais to holiday in foreign countries. 

First it was the saviour by Chinese now it’s the Saviour of Indians ... Tell you that it won’t be Europeans coz they ain’t that stupid

• Like 1

airbnb and over capacity is gonna kill off the hotel industry here.

seeing lots of guesthouses up for sale now, hotels will follow

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 1

I looked at the hotel numbers and rooms they posted. They basically have no clue at all and are proud to let everyone know it. 90 % of what ?  legal hotels, illegal  hotels.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Scot123 said:

OMG! Why can they not just come out and say it, the high Baht and very bad reputation has and is causing this crisis not only for the big hotels but everyone who is connected in anyway to tourist income. The downward spiral should not be measured year on year mut maybe should be measured from the day democracy was stolen at the end of a gun. I am sure that would paint a far worse picture. The damage really took grip with the closer of establishments for several months, the disinfectant of places character. These all a play part and the high Baht which stops foreign tourists coming but also increases the high end Thais to holiday in foreign countries. 

"has an estimated 2,000 to 3,000 hotels,"  for Christ sake  how can this man run the tourist office and not know how many Hotels  there are

• Haha 2

It’s so easy to answer the problem 

ic you are chinese or indian 

welcome to Thailand 

if you are western tourists or expat 

its stay away you are not wanted 

People of Thailand ask the government WHY

WHY WHY. WHY

• Like 2

I use to enjoy Phuket for a few days but it seems has become the biggest rip off, bad attitude place in the country.

Too bad fun to cruise on a m/b but I certainly will not be going back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

airbnb and over capacity is gonna kill off the hotel industry here.

seeing lots of guesthouses up for sale now, hotels will follow

Yes.

It has got to be hurting Pattaya.

The hotel industry seems very unorganized and powerless but find lots of time to complain.

• Like 1