Lop Buri police officer arrested for allegedly stealing 50 service pistols

rooster59

Lop Buri police officer arrested for allegedly stealing 50 service pistols

By THE NATION

800_ead6924cecb8f0b.jpg

A senior police officer from Tha Hin Police Station in Lop Buri province has been arrested for allegedly stealing 50 service pistols from the police station’s armoury and pawning them or sell them at various locations.

Police Senior Sgt-Major Charin Butrdee has been decommissioned and faces investigation for disciplinary misconduct, deputy police spokesman Pol Colonel Krisana Pattanajaroen said on Saturday (October 26).

The stolen pistols reportedly included .38 SIG Sauer and Glock models.

w644.jpg

“The Royal Thai Police has primarily decommissioned the senior sergeant major and will set up a committee to investigate for severe disciplinary misconduct,” said Krisana. “We intend to investigate this case with complete transparency and fairness to all parties.”

Krisana also added that the police have successfully tracked down 19 stolen pistols and arrested the owner, Pratheep Tophul, 44, a resident of Phattananikom district in Lop Buri province on the charge of acquiring stolen items. The whereabouts of 31 pistols are still unknown.

Meanwhile, Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda, commissioner-general of the Royal Thai Police, said that if the police suspect is found guilty he will face criminal punishment to the fullest extent of the law on top of disciplinary actions as a police officer. “I have also ordered all police supervisors to closely monitor their subordinates and stations 24/7 to prevent such an incident from happening again.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377772

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-27

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda, “I have also ordered all police supervisors to closely monitor their subordinates and stations 24/7 to prevent such an incident from happening again.”

Here is the head of the gang basically saying that even the police can't trust the police... 

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just look at the damage 50 guns in the wrong hands could do.

We've witnessed what they can do in so called "correct" hands recently....

maybe he was saving up for promotion with the extra funds, going from tea money to a "tea leaf"!

[cockney slang]

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How come they were police property? It's well known that the police buy their own uniforms and guns.

They can get service guns but choose to buy their own. If they loose their service gun they are in big trouble. 

50 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Thank the gods they got all the firearms back! ... Well let’s hope that’s a true reporting of events?!

Actually, no they didn't get all of the pistols back.

From the OP.

Krisana also added that the police have successfully tracked down 19 stolen pistols and arrested the owner, Pratheep Tophul, 44, a resident of Phattananikom district in Lop Buri province on the charge of acquiring stolen items. The whereabouts of 31 pistols are still unknown.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Not to mention how much damage they also can do in the, so called, right hands. :cheesy:

Anyway, I see that they have real good control over the armoury at the stations. I assume this guy didn´t steal all 50 at the same time. Maybe they could have seen this when only 5 where stolen.

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

decommissioned the senior sergeant

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

tracked down 19 stolen pistols and arrested the owner

The seller get less problems than the buyer. Ok, the seller is a sergant. That explains all.

2 hours ago, Retfed50 said:

Not that it really matters, but when it comes to guns, I tend to get a little picky. Sorry for that. To the best of my knowledge, neither Glock nor Sig Sauer offer a firearm chambered in .38 caliber.

Now I know why those 0.38 bullet thingies rattle when they go down the barrel.....☹️

The pistols are safe without the ammunition and the idiot to pull the trigger.

However, who knows if it's loaded or not. I wouldn't chance it.

Senior Sergeant Major is a senior police position? A supervisory position, perhaps, but still, not a commissioned officer. Police Captain could be senior officer, Police Colonel would be... 

One wonders over what time period these alleged thefts took place. An empty holster on arrival at work, a full one when they go home....

Nice to know the rozzers are on top of their game.

3 hours ago, Retfed50 said:

Not that it really matters, but when it comes to guns, I tend to get a little picky. Sorry for that. To the best of my knowledge, neither Glock nor Sig Sauer offer a firearm chambered in .38 caliber.

Actually, I think they did some 1911s in 38 Super. Plus the 357 Sig in various models. Both great rounds but expensive.

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

We intend to investigate this case with complete transparency and fairness to all parties !!!

Why the man is a thief and should just be charged then jailed.

reminds of he case in Pattaya several years back, a local junior cop was doing a roaring trade confiscating unlicensed handguns from errant drivers etc, then selling them to errant thug tenagers.

When caught he had records of selling 172 handguns to the thug tenagers including several girls. 

37 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

As I marked the words: the seller and thief was decommissioned, the buyer was arrested.

That they mention just because the buyer i a priviate person and the police man is a civil servant. I am pretty sure they are holding the police man also.

Archived