Cost water connection to new house

We recently bought land and are now building a house on it. We have already electricity from the PEA installed (3 poles, THB 10.165) and now we want water from the government as well. For a water pipe between two electricity poles (the distance from the street to our house) they charge us THB 14.473, this looks very expensive to me. Somebody told met that the first 20m is free but I can not find that on Internet. We have not a real road at the moment but a muddy road as not enough people live in our street to justify a new road. We are allowed to connect our water to the water pipe of our neighbors who installed this at there own cost, about THB 85.000 as it is far from the main road. Last, yes we have a Blue Book and we received our first electricity bill from the PEA this week as well so we have a REAL address.

20191024_162351(1).jpg

Any option for your own water supply i.e. a water well. Can be had for a very reasonable price. Five year ago in our area drilling a well was 7.500 Baht (including liners) and a pump around the same amount. If you want, you could add a tank (6.000 baht) and another pump around 5.000 baht.

46 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Why don't you call a small excavator and put the plastic pipes in the ditch and it is very easy to connect the pipes with a little glue.
For the home, get a good written contract before starting work if you want to avoid future problems.

I just hired a guy to dig a 175 mt long trench by hand about a foot deep and laid the black poly pipe 1100 baht for 100 mt roll. then had it connected to the main. Total cost about 3000 baht 3 years ago for 175 mt !!!

37 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

Any option for your own water supply i.e. a water well. Can be had for a very reasonable price. Five year ago in our area drilling a well was 7.500 Baht (including liners) and a pump around the same amount. If you want, you could add a tank (6.000 baht) and another pump around 5.000 baht.

Now in our local ampur, permission must be sort, and one standing price 130,000 for drilling water guaranteed and goes down 15 mt. permission not needed when dug by hand 1000 baht per concrete ring depth, plus the price or the rings. We only had a muddy dirt road at the time, now concrete,the contractor a ex (?) policeman broke and damaged several water pipes and left it up to us to repair. oh and built the road 6'' above our land causing us drainage problems from our land.  

When I built my house the distance was about 2 times as long as that ,I just layer the pipes in myself closed the water valve and did the connection myself,,,rang the water company and told them we now have water they can come and read meter.....

that was 3 years ago ,they have never come to read meter ,never had a water bill????????????????????,since then 3 other houses have also connected in to the Pipe i put in????????????

22 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Now in our local ampur, permission must be sort, and one standing price 130,000 for drilling water guaranteed and goes down 15 mt. permission not needed when dug by hand 1000 baht per concrete ring depth, plus the price or the rings. We only had a muddy dirt road at the time, now concrete,the contractor a ex (?) policeman broke and damaged several water pipes and left it up to us to repair. oh and built the road 6'' above our land causing us drainage problems from our land.  

about 3 years ago I paid 180,000 including paperwork, submerged pump, 4" pipe down the well, all the way until good volume of water comes out. Total of 101 meters estimated 6 cubic meter/hour

Normally you have to pay to have the pipe laid to your boundary and the meter placed. The rate is expensive, but it is best to just pay. If asked, they will give a quote to connect to your house, but the quote will always be expensive. Just get a local guy in who will do it for a third of the price (or do it yourself).

We had a 60 metre deep bore and submerged pump installed a year or two ago. The total price was about 35,000 Baht, which is average for the Isan region.

10 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

about 3 years ago I paid 180,000 including paperwork, submerged pump, 4" pipe down the well, all the way until good volume of water comes out. Total of 101 meters estimated 6 cubic meter/hour

Oh, I saw 101 m deep!!! This will be expensive.

But 180.000 is way to much!!!

2 hours ago, snowgard said:

Oh, I saw 101 m deep!!! This will be expensive.

But 180.000 is way to much!!!

the guy I replied to wrote 130k for 15m, so unless it was a typo and should be 150m that's expensive...

when I had my well dug it was during the worst ever drought. Everybody was digging and all changs were busy with very long waiting time. The year before the price was 1000/meter no guarantee, or 150k till water was found, so 180k was the going price for good recommender crew all included

Was yesterday at our land to find out that the PWA (Provincial Water Authority) was installing water so when I asked my wife if she paid already, she said 'yes, done already' ????

As you can see, the plastic water pipe is installed just a few cm under the ground for only a few meters, they were in and out in less than one hour.

A well was not an option - as a few people wrote - as I have a well now but in the dry season it is empty many times so no water at the house......

I still think it is way to expensive but at least I have now a 2" water pipe with enough pressure to our new house.

73413117_2570524103035444_5465360899365666816_n.jpg

75642442_2570524156368772_1970307957753118720_n.jpg

75258492_2570524093035445_1192859937340915712_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

We hired two local guys to dig a trench about 500 meters and lay the PVC pipe (1 inch) I purchased. Connected it to the government switch and meter. Total cost including the pipe was about 6,000 THB. I paid the diggers 2,000 for two days work. They dug down about 16 inches.

On 12/7/2019 at 7:56 PM, PeterA said:

We hired two local guys to dig a trench about 500 meters and lay the PVC pipe (1 inch) I purchased. Connected it to the government switch and meter. Total cost including the pipe was about 6,000 THB. I paid the diggers 2,000 for two days work. They dug down about 16 inches.

Not sure same situation as our house was a new connection so we had no meter yet....

Archived