Kefir where to buy

THAIPHUKET

You are in the CM forum but Phuket in your name ? If you are in CM you can find kefir and grains to make yourself at Aden Health store near Lotus Kamthieng (google will locate it for you).

I use to make with milk until learning I am lactose intolerant and it doesnt work well with soy milk. You can try it at Aden in Coconut water which, to my taste. then tastes a bit like cider!

Eventually I switched to prebiotic powder and probiotic tablets as that combo work better for me but everyone is different

22 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Strange, I bought it there Tuesday.

Bill, or anyone else, can you tell me the brand name of this product, or, better yet, can you post a photo, so I know what to look for?  It sounds like something I should be consuming.  Thanks much.

46 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

Bill, or anyone else, can you tell me the brand name of this product, or, better yet, can you post a photo, so I know what to look for?  It sounds like something I should be consuming.  Thanks much.

if you go to Aden its a small store and you will spot kefir in their cooler cabinet. no brand that I recall and he 'makes' the grains himself. useful guy to ask advice of too

Basically. put in jar with milk.

Cover with clean cloth and leave in a cool place (not the fridge), overnight.

When ready, (whey has separated out), strain into another vessel. Put the kefir grains back in the jar, refill with milk and repeat.

I usually only wash out and clean the jar every two times.

You can find videos on Youtube, and instructions on the net for more in depth info.

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

Basically. put in jar with milk.

Cover with clean cloth and leave in a cool place (not the fridge), overnight.

When ready, (whey has separated out), strain into another vessel. Put the kefir grains back in the jar, refill with milk and repeat.

I usually only wash out and clean the jar every two times.

You can find videos on Youtube, and instructions on the net for more in depth info.

exactly what I did but Aden correctly advised me not to stir the grains in the milk vigorously as they break up, and I think he said try to use a small wooden spoon not metal. I guess plastic would do too.

Google, as ever, is a good info source on kefir.

Archived