Video: "Embarrassing" fight as "win" attacks suspected Grab biker at BTS

webfact

Video: "Embarrassing" fight as "win" attacks suspected Grab biker at BTS

8pm_VI.jpg

Thai caption: Out of control at Thong Lor

A poster on Facebook was in little doubt that a fight by the Thong Lor BTS station was three motorcycle taxi riders having a go at a Grab rider. 

One man in a jacket was seen aiming several blows at the helmeted head of a non-jacketed rider. 

Artit Chitnok who posted said that it was embarrassing and out of control - he noted that a foreigner who witnessed the fight was calling out for them to stop. 

He referred to the wins or motorcycle taxi riders as out of control hoodlums. 

The post was reported by Sanook who said that netizens condemned the attack and were calling for Grab Bike's legal status to be resolved once and for all. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-28

At first I was not happy that normal taxi drivers fight against Grab drivers. In the meantime I begin to understand them. They need to survive too. I know 3 people driving with their car for Grab in Pattaya. They earn next to nothing. There seem to be too many drivers or not enough customers for the existing drivers. The only winner seems to be Grab. They always earn their percentage of the fare. 

32 minutes ago, Beggar said:

At first I was not happy that normal taxi drivers fight against Grab drivers. In the meantime I begin to understand them. They need to survive too. I know 3 people driving with their car for Grab in Pattaya. They earn next to nothing. There seem to be too many drivers or not enough customers for the existing drivers. The only winner seems to be Grab. They always earn their percentage of the fare. 

Well if Grab riders are able to make a better living and more money than normal taxi drivers, then maybe the normal taxi drivers should move over to Grab? If they are too long in the tooth to adapt, well,  as evolution shows pretty clearly, those that cannot adapt go extinct. If a business faces competition it must adapt its practices to give the customer what he or she is willing to pay for. And that is why Grab is out competing normal taxis. On a personal level I have sympathy for them, but as a business none whatsoever.  

12 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Well if Grab riders are able to make a better living and more money than normal taxi drivers, then maybe the normal taxi drivers should move over to Grab?

I wrote that the Grab drivers I know here in Pattaya earn next to nothing. They started with a lot of hope but the reality is different. One stopped already and I guess the two others will follow soon. They can't survive. If they take all the costs for the car into account then there is almost nothing left. On some days they even pay for working. 

8 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I wrote that the Grab drivers I know here in Pattaya earn next to nothing. They started with a lot of hope but the reality is different. One stopped already and I guess the two others will follow soon. They can't survive. If they take all the costs for the car into account then there is almost nothing left. On some days they even pay for working. 

Maybe because grab in pattaya is so overpriced that people choose to use the buses instead. I mean 300 baht for 1 km.. here in Bangkok I can go from sukhumvit to airport for that much. 

6 minutes ago, Drax said:

Maybe because grab in pattaya is so overpriced that people choose to use the buses instead. I mean 300 baht for 1 km.. here in Bangkok I can go from sukhumvit to airport for that much. 

Grab is very customer oriented. But from the 300 Baht what is left for the driver? 25 percent go to Grab. Normally he has to drive back empty. How high are the cost for his car for this trip? Did he need to clean it like every day? Were you the only customer on this day? Some customers order your car and just before you reach the customer they cancel. So you drive for nothing. Depending on the time of the day there are different hotspots where you might find customers easier. So you have to drive around empty and there is no guarantee that you will get a customer at such a hotspot because many other Grab drivers do the same. 

Since I know the people driving for Grab and their stories I have a very different opinion.

5 hours ago, MaxLee said:

And so the battler has begun,.... Boycott the whole taxi mafia, work from home if you value your safety....

What a silly comment. I have been using the Taxis in Bangkok for at least two decades with no problems. Excellent service. I use Grab in Pattaya and its very dear.

9 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

What a silly comment. I have been using the Taxis in Bangkok for at least two decades with no problems. Excellent service. I use Grab in Pattaya and its very dear.

Yeah really excellent, the scum out the front of central world wanted 200 baht to take me to soi buhakao in late january a 5 minute ride

5 hours ago, madmen said:

Yeah really excellent, the scum out the front of central world wanted 200 baht to take me to soi buhakao in late january a 5 minute ride

I was not aware that soi buhakao now reached Bangkok.

I also almost never use Grab in Bangkok, because the taxis are quite reasonable, and Grab is not worth the almost double price. I am sure it is a very different story in Pattaya.

Archived