Big spending Indians - 5,800 baht a day - set to revolutionize Thai tourism!

webfact

Big spending Indians - 5,800 baht a day - set to revolutionize Thai tourism!

10pm1.jpg

File photo

Thai and English language media have reported over the weekend that the only way is up for Thai tourism when it comes to the burgeoning potential of the Indian market. 

Two million are expected to visit in 2019 - but that will rise to 14 million by the end of the next decade.

TNN have reported that the average Indian spends a whopping 5,800 baht a day. 

This is almost as much as the Chinese who spend 6,400 baht daily. 

Indian tourism - especially independent travellers with families that make up 67% of all arrivals - has seen a rise of 25% in recent years. 

Beaches, theme parks and zoos are of special interest to the droves arriving from the sub-continent.

TNN said that Indian tourism is unlikely to surpass that of Chinese tourists - but merely mentioning the possibility in the same breath is an indicator to businesses about where their strategies for the future should concentrate.

Last year there were 1.59 million visitors from India - this year it is expected to be 2 million.

But that is just the start of the influx. 

By 2030 it is expected to be massively higher than that - 14 million Indians arriving in Thailand annually is the expectation. 

The sky seems to be the limit with only 5% of the nation's 1.3 billion people having passports, a salient fact mentioned by English language media over the weekend. 

That figure is expected to rise meaning yet more potential for visitors from India to Thailand.  

Source: TNN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-28

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

555  These predictions are getting funnier and funnier!  Sure there will be an increase of some sort if you pour lots of cash into promoting LOS.  But to present pie in the sky numbers as hard facts is assuming people are stupider than they appear.  We may look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!  Well most of the time.  BTW, when they get to the theme park or zoo will they be paying the farang price or the Thai price? 

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

$5,800 thb per day.  They must have forgot to mention that it includes a family of 14.  I owned a retail furniture store in the USA.  They would not spend $5,800 THB on a complete living room sofa, love seat, and coffee table set. 

Where are these wonderful theme parks and zoos? Surely not places like the tiger temple or other Victorian era exploitive animal traps where the occupants are mistreated and starving. As for theme parks has Thailand ever had a world class theme park? Ever? Na really just sayin 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

5800 X 14 days = 81,2000

my expenses approximately.  not including one time costs like motorcycle, scooter:

90,000 X 12 months disposable income = 1,080,000.00

1,080,000.00 / by 81,200 = 13.3

so I am worth 13.3 Indian tourists. :clap2:

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

5800 X 14 days = 81,2000

my expenses approximately.  not including one time costs like motorcycle, scooter:

90,000 X 12 months disposable income = 1,080,000.00

1,080,000.00 / by 81,200 = 13.3

so I am worth 13.3 Indian tourists. :clap2:

Correct the math.

You are worth 0.6 Indian per month .

dont be mean 

look at the photo

you can just see the money dripping off them

and you should take journalism at face value 

there are 8 of them in the photo equals 725 a head per day that sounds feasible no fake news there

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

good, might be able to get a decent curry over here then

Need to have a few more Indians from Bradford visiting long term then. Not sure if you have ever had a curry from India, but they are different than proper British Indian curries.............:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

This is almost as much as the Chinese who spend 6,400 baht daily. 

Will someone please tell me, for the love of (your) God, where do they get these figures from?

Even when I was doing the touristy thing here in Thailand, there were a lot of days when I wasn't spending anywhere near 6,400 baht.

I know and understand that was 20+ years ago, but even then we were severely abusing Thai touristy things. Parties were parties then....................:wink:

39 minutes ago, starky said:

Where are these wonderful theme parks and zoos? Surely not places like the tiger temple or other Victorian era exploitive animal traps where the occupants are mistreated and starving. As for theme parks has Thailand ever had a world class theme park? Ever? Na really just sayin 

There are scant few world class things offered in Thailand, with notable exceptions: 

HJs and BJs 

Cheap, delicious, unhealthy food

Not sure if I may have missed one or two. 

1 hour ago, nev said:

Welcome to you Indian's and Chinese us whities are no longer wanted here we are systematically being eradicated from here.

So, what? I spend way more than 5,800 baht per day when on holiday. However, my holiday is usually 5-6 weeks, and I don't spend it on Phuket anymore, but on the Gold Coast or in Vietnam where I feel welcome...

1 minute ago, chrisinth said:

Will someone please tell me, for the love of (your) God, where do they get these figures from?

Even when I was doing the touristy thing here in Thailand, there were a lot of days when I wasn't spending anywhere near 6,400 baht.

I know and understand that was 20+ years ago, but even then we were severely abusing Thai touristy things. Parties were parties then....................:wink:

There are quite some chinese buying super expensive items for the VAT return, think Gucci and LV bags costing hundreds of thousands of baht. That will move the average spending up a lot.

The smaller restaurants wont see a satang of it, its only the French and Italian brand stores getting happy (and the government pocketing the taxes on these things).

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thats for 10 of them

Seriously though the good thing is it can only help the Indian food to improve here 

The Indians that can afford to spend that sort of money (and there are a lot of them) expect a lot more for their money than many Thai businesses are prepared to offer. They will negotiate for every purchase, which wears down the staff, so expect the prices to rise to allow some room for the negotiations to operates and leave some margin. This will have a flow on effect to the rest of the tourist industry.

48 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

Correct the math.

You are worth 0.6 Indian per month .

Actually the maths is correct if you assume that there's 1 visit per year for an average of 14 days, then @NCC1701A is worth 13.3 2 week Indian tourists visits over the year

if an individual Indian spends the whole month there then he's worth around 1/2 that

If you aggregate all Indians (i.e. there's somebody in-country spending 5,800 THB per day for 365 days of the year) then yes, he's worth around 0.6 which isn't bad considering it's just one man against > 1.1 Billion [I'm aware of the twisted logic with that one :)] 

Just now, Mike Teavee said:

Actually the maths is correct if you assume that there's 1 visit per year for an average of 14 days, then @NCC1701A is worth 13.3 2 week Indian tourists visits over the year

if an individual Indian spends the whole month there then yes, he's worth around 1/2 that

If you aggregate all Indians (i.e. there's somebody in-country spending 5,800 THB per day for 365 days of the year) then yes, he's worth around 0.6 which isn't bad considering it's just one man against > 1.1 Billion [Yes I'm aware of the twisted logic with that one :)] 

thanks. :clap2:my self esteem was taking a hit there. :cheesy:

Archived